News Tomorrowland love

Missing20K

And... the infamous cardboard cover for the SGE wait time display...

And yet people still find ways to defend the management of the parks and executives of said managers.

"But...but...but...Star Wars Land! And....and....and Toy Story Land. And...and.....and New Hotels and DVC and Transportation options!! See, they are spending money on upgrades and doing a bang up job!"

Something about stepping over dollars to pick up pennies (I'm lookin' at you Pecos Bill guac). Or the devil is in the details (Hello, Monsieur Cardboard). Or some such similar cliche.

britain

In honor of the effective deconstruction of Tomorrowland '94, I've been enjoying this video by @marni1971. After minor updates during the 70's & 80's, we get a full run down of all additions for the new Tomorrowland including original Alien Encounter, tweaked Alien Encounter, Timekeeper and more:

EDIT: Hey @marni1971, part 3 of 3 is blocked in the US for copyright issues apparently?

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
In honor of the effective deconstruction of Tomorrowland '94, I've been enjoying this video by @marni1971. After minor updates during the 70's & 80's, we get a full run down of all additions for the new Tomorrowland including original Alien Encounter, tweaked Alien Encounter, Timekeeper and more:

EDIT: Hey @marni1971, part 3 of 3 is blocked in the US for copyright issues apparently?

Embarrassingly old but I’m happy you’re enjoying them :)

If part three is blocked I’m afraid I can’t help that. Is it perhaps also on my website (with its videos hosted via Vimeo?)

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
And yet people still find ways to defend the management of the parks and executives of said managers.

"But...but...but...Star Wars Land! And....and....and Toy Story Land. And...and.....and New Hotels and DVC and Transportation options!! See, they are spending money on upgrades and doing a bang up job!"

Something about stepping over dollars to pick up pennies (I'm lookin' at you Pecos Bill guac). Or the devil is in the details (Hello, Monsieur Cardboard). Or some such similar cliche.

I would imagine most reasonable individuals will defend them when it comes to certain items, while at the same time criticize when it comes to other items when necessary. Not sure why it has to be an either-or for some.

Missing20K

I would imagine most reasonable individuals will defend them when it comes to certain items, while at the same time criticize when it comes to other items when necessary. Not sure why it has to be an either-or for some.

It's not, however, My point was there are also a sizable number of posters here that will point to those big ticket items whilst ignoring the smaller details, and defending the company for not addressing said smaller details.

I think, myself, and a good portion of posters here, fall into the category of defending the company when they do well, and criticizing the company when they fall short. I was attempting to point out the shortcomings with a bit of poor humor/sarcasm. ;)

geekza

part 3 of 3 is blocked in the US for copyright issues apparently?
This is why I try and download Martin's videos for offline viewing almost as soon as they're uploaded. YouTube's copyright system is the worst. Even if something should be covered by Fair Use, their system is, "This is blocked. You're a criminal. Prove you're not except we won't give you an easy way to do so."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom