Tom Sawyer's Island replacement / Expansion

WDW1974

So what do YOU say? Have you heard anything about what is to be done with TSI?

Nothing of substance ...mostly blue sky plans that have been floating around for a decade (see DD, for another example) ... some factions at WDI/TDO apparently would like something to happen so they help foam up the fanbois by getting folks to leak/talk about them.

~Would it kill them to reopen Aunt Polly's and sell me a damn sandwich and a lemonade?!~

flavious27

Instead of screwing up TSI, I'd rather see a new path installed to the west of BTMRR, over the BTM maintenance spur and then over a new drawbridge (like at World Showcase-between China and the Outpost) over the canal (that connects RoA to Seven Seas Lagoon) and see developement of the NW area outside the WDWRR tracks. There's quite a bit of room back there for a NW Territories type sub-land of Frontierland. A raft ride like DCA's would fit perfectly back there along with room for another major attraction (maybe that Geyser Mt attraction that was talked about ions ago). Seems far enough west so firework fallout wouldn't be a problem. It would also open up much needed acreage in the Kingdom.

As for the back portion of TSI...how about just expanding the Tom Sawyer experience beyond the fort with a Redwood Creek type trail that currently exists at DCA. This would give the youngster's even more room to blow off steam while in the MK.

I have always wanted to see frontierland expand over the access canal for roa. I was thinking of having a swing bridge that would match the landscaping of btm. I was thinking of something that looks like the rock arch at disneyland paris.

DLPFronArch2-Joel.jpg

It's funny how people seem to think that the whole MK is sitting atop a giant building.

13272k_tun2.jpg

You mean the rest of it isn't one big crawl space? They have to have somewhere to hid the money and wdi drawings for a 5th gate.

RSoxNo1

The problem is that right now there's too much content on one side of Tom Sawyer's Island. If they put anything else on that side of the island, the island runs the risk of capsizing. As a preventative measure, Disney needs to build something on the other side of the island to eliminate this risk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1WSs9B4H5s

jt04

If...and that is a HUGE if...they ever expand onto TSI, a tunnel will not be used. It will be a bridge.

Yes a floating bridge that pivots out would work and there is room where the Keelboats were.

Also a standard draw bridge type configuration with segments lowering from each side. The distance is not that great.

Or they could get rid of the riverboat (permanently moored at the dock?) and build a static bridge to TSI.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Yes a floating bridge that pivots out would work and there is room where the Keelboats were.

Also a standard draw bridge type configuration with segments lowering from each side. The distance is not that great.

Or they could get rid of the riverboat (permanently moored at the dock?) and build a static bridge to TSI.
That probably will happen.

jt04

Knowing tdo, I bet they have been looking at a way to permanently dock the riverboat.

It would open up possibilities that do not now exist. Perhaps a permanent show or elaborate m&g or even a new restaurant. Or even an exclusive club like they have at DL. :shrug:

GenerationX

They just need to stock the Rivers of America with alligators. That would make the Riverboat and the raft rides to TSI much more exciting and authentic. I know what you're thinking - there are already alligators in the Rivers of America. True. They just need way more.

NoChesterHester

They just need to stock the Rivers of America with alligators. That would make the Riverboat and the raft rides to TSI much more exciting and authentic. I know what you're thinking - there are already alligators in the Rivers of America. True. They just need way more.

Post of the week!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

Piranha would add a nice touch.

flavious27

It would open up possibilities that do not now exist. Perhaps a permanent show or elaborate m&g or even a new restaurant. Or even an exclusive club like they have at DL. :shrug:

They can do that now. They could have a real restaurant at the The Diamond Horseshoe. They can have it as a steakhouse with American BBQ fare for lunches and then have massive steaks with a hoop dee doo like show for dinners.

As for an exclusive club, why not build a second floor on top of the frontierland train station and have something up there?

NoChesterHester

They can do that now. They could have a real restaurant at the The Diamond Horseshoe. They can have it as a steakhouse with American BBQ fare for lunches and then have massive steaks with a hoop dee doo like show for dinners.

As for an exclusive club, why not build a second floor on top of the frontierland train station and have something up there?

For selfish reasons I want the exclusive restaurant in Adventureland, and the secret restaurant to be a version of the Adventurer's club. It would solve the issue of alcohol as well since it would be a private club (like 33).

jt04

For selfish reasons I want the exclusive restaurant in Adventureland, and the secret restaurant to be a version of the Adventurer's club. It would solve the issue of alcohol as well since it would be a private club (like 33).

This is a great idea. Talk about a win-win. Bring back the AC, sell memberships, make profit, get Lee off their backs.

If they were to do anything I would vote for a more or less clearing of the island, and make a world of color arena

I would gladly see the riverboat and TSI go to get this! How about a Fantasmic/World of Color mash-up with massive pyrotechnics launched from the island? Yessirreesir!

They have the space to make this profoundly better than the DL version. Perhaps relocate the riverboat backstage and make it part of the show similar to the Fantasmic version.

Brain storm :dazzle::lol:

They could then make Liberty Square an actual enclosed land as originally conceived.

Dizzy, must stop. :dazzle::dazzle::dazzle:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
This is a great idea. Talk about a win-win. Bring back the AC, sell memberships, make profit, get Lee off their backs.

But then people would be moaning about all the drunk people in Adventureland and how they can't take their kids to Adventureland because people are drinking the demon alcohol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom