Tom Sawyer's Island replacement / Expansion

jt04

But then people would be moaning about all the drunk people in Adventureland and how they can't take their kids to Adventureland because people are drinking the demon alcohol.

If it is like Club 33 they could make membership exclusive enough that this type behavior would not be a factor. People would not want to risk losing membership.

Or they could also make it part of the UK pavilion at EPCOT.

NoChesterHester

But then people would be moaning about all the drunk people in Adventureland and how they can't take their kids to Adventureland because people are drinking the demon alcohol.

I know this is tongue and cheek, but no way this would be any more of a problem then the occasional rowdy guest the park already deals with.

Scuttle

They can do that now. They could have a real restaurant at the The Diamond Horseshoe. They can have it as a steakhouse with American BBQ fare for lunches and then have massive steaks with a hoop dee doo like show for dinners.

As for an exclusive club, why not build a second floor on top of the frontierland train station and have something up there?

Love the massive steak idea.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
If I'm dreaming, Rivers of America and Tom Sawyer by day could stay the same. By night Rivers of America could be a floating lounge. Rafts to Tom Sawyer by night would be 21 and over and it would be an outdoor night club area. :king:

MarkTwain

If I'm dreaming, Rivers of America and Tom Sawyer by day could stay the same. By night Rivers of America could be a floating lounge. Rafts to Tom Sawyer by night would be 21 and over and it would be an outdoor night club area. :king:

I kinda like that idea. :lol:

DisneyNeighbor

A question for the experts. Would it be possible to build a tunnel under the river to allow access to TSI. And/Or change the path of the river boat adding a dock to TSI thus the river boat becomes transportation to the island. This would keep the Riverboat operating using both methods.

NoChesterHester

A question for the experts. Would it be possible to build a tunnel under the river to allow access to TSI. And/Or change the path of the river boat adding a dock to TSI thus the river boat becomes transportation to the island. This would keep the Riverboat operating using both methods.

Check up the thread a bit; tunnel possible but highly unlikely.

flavious27

I know this is tongue and cheek, but no way this would be any more of a problem then the occasional rowdy guest the park already deals with.

True, nothing is going to stop people pre-gaming in the parking lots, hotels, or other gates from entering MK.

Well it is always the problems with alcohol. ROA has had problems with people trying to swim and drown, people drunk would making it worse. Though I like the idea of it and it could add an unique element to that part of the park. Disney could do something like a floating electrical parade mixed with country bear jamboree.

On the island, they could build out the mills more and turn them into cozy little taverns. On the top of the hill, there could be a small firepit. Aunt polly's can be a restaurant again with the feel of a backyard bbq and a better cracker barrel with a reduced menu.

For selfish reasons I want the exclusive restaurant in Adventureland, and the secret restaurant to be a version of the Adventurer's club. It would solve the issue of alcohol as well since it would be a private club (like 33).

I also do want to see the temple in jc turned into a new ac. I think a private club would be the thing that would be needed for the beancounters to approve it. They could have prices for membership priced about the same as d23 gold levels.

Jimini

What!!???

"can't tell you the last time" So replace it? ARE YOU MAD! Next time take the time to go over and see the awesomeness that is Tom Sawyer Island. The bottomless pit, the caves, The Fort, with animatronic horses, chickens, and the stable boy and a black smith. I love it and always take time to visit the island. I think it is one of the hidden gems at MK. :sohappy:

tl77

If...and that is a HUGE if...they ever expand onto TSI, a tunnel will not be used. It will be a bridge.

STOP!

You are encouraging them!:D

Yes people! Don't encourage Disney to try new things while still preserving the park you love, push for the cheapest and easiest solutions... like EPOCT! and Journey into YOUR Imagination! YAY! Those are the kinds of changes everybody loves.... and no one ever complains about! :)

(please note - for the sarcasm impaired ....this is sarcasm)

MotherOfBirds

Why is it that the second island is only half occupied? At the very least they could add something else that's cool to explore or maybe expand the caves or something. I've always kinda wondered why they made the island that sie if they were going to leave so much of it vacant.

Bob Saget

Leave TSI as it is. It serves as a great escape from the hussle & bussle of the MK streets, has nice atmosphere, and serves it's purpose well. Not everything has to be a ride, M&G, or themed to today's pop culture.

flavious27

Leave TSI as it is. It serves as a great escape from the hussle & bussle of the MK streets, has nice atmosphere, and serves it's purpose well. Not everything has to be a ride, M&G, or themed to today's pop culture.

I think that they can expand TSI in a way that keeps the same feel to the area. The most mentioned idea seems to be to expand the caves in the northern part of the land. Any nightime use can have minimal changes to the look of the island.

Nobody wants to disturb how serene tsi is, we like how aunt polly's looks

aunt_pollys_dockside_inn4.jpg

but we want it open again and to have real food served to us dockside.

Along with that, expand the mills enough to have seating inside for a small tavern inside, with a look kind of like this:

bh-rec-room-seating.jpg

Yes people! Don't encourage Disney to try new things while still preserving the park you love, push for the cheapest and easiest solutions... like EPOCT! and Journey into YOUR Imagination! YAY! Those are the kinds of changes everybody loves.... and no one ever complains about! :)

(please note - for the sarcasm impaired ....this is sarcasm)

:sohappy:

mickeyminiemom

ITA! I just wish they would open Aunt Polly's back up because that would make it a great place for an afternoon break and snack.

ann0d

I haven't been there since 1982, I need to get over there again. I was just telling DH my son never was over there, he is 12 so better do it now before he has no interest. I can't even remember it, only from the pictures I took. I have the cutest picture of my oldest son and I in front of a water wheel. One of my favorite pics of me and him!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom