To mutch missing from spaceship earth

EPCOT Explorer

Yep. Still not time to completely abandon all hope... :cool:
Indeed!:eek:
It's also possible that it was used for the model in the EPCOT 25 exhibit..I could be wrong tho since they had the original from OMD there and then had a second one made since they returned it..Also I think it was a bit bigger and it had no legs....it was just the geosphere.

No, the models we've seen on display were never in the ride.

The ride's model, according to Martin, and my own observation, was a glass sphere, suspended, and with the lighting and SSE Pattern projected outtward onto it's surface.

That, and the Glitter City Model, were my two favorite parts of SSE.:(

Oddysey

Typos notwithstanding . . . "Mutch", "vershion", "realey", "czrzcteristics" and "sity"?

As I often tell my text happy nieces, spelling counts. And, yes, grammar is important too. Truly, writing without the aid of an electronic device, or even in general, seems to be a lost art. :shrug:

Of course, maybe I'm just a bit too particular. :rolleyes:

Apologies, back to the SSE topic at hand . . .

Not at all, I'm so saddened by the state of spelling and grammar these days

I suspect english is not his or hers first language. Their grammar is probably a work in progress, and the post was not completely incomprehensible.

Thanks for the post vintageepcot :wave:

sublimesting

I guess SSE07 is to process a new meaning of communication that now IMHO reflects computers, especially the newer scenes. (That's Steve Woz in his garage, though he always seem to sleep whenever I'm on the ride.) And I love the go-go dancer/scientist chick! :lol:

Is it Wozniak or Jobs? I thought they built the processors in Jobs' garage?:shrug:

I guess SSE07 is to process a new meaning of communication that now IMHO reflects computers, especially the newer scenes. (That's Steve Woz in his garage, though he always seem to sleep whenever I'm on the ride.) And I love the go-go dancer/scientist chick! :lol:

Is it Wozniak or Jobs? I thought they built the processors in Jobs' garage?:shrug:

I believe I read its not meant to be anyone in particular. Its a combination of all the people that had a part in the creation of the personal computer

Thrill Seeker

I don't think it's done. There are two curtains (the one during the flat section and another after the triangles on the wall) that don't appear to be permanent. Those I assume are still works in progress...

vintageepcot

Original Poster
The imagineers are laughing their heads off when people refer to the new SSE as "genius." My 15 year old sister could have written a better script. The ride has no heart, but most of you couldn't care less about that, because it takes funny pictures at the end!

Thats another thing that bothered me:veryconfu. I miss the old music and the walter cronkite voice but I have to admit the new music at the end is pretty good from the spaace senter to the end it kind of sounds like the horizons music:). the part where you go down it looks like theres walls on bith sides I am wiondering if those came down the old dtuff would be revealed and if so thay should turn them on just for a little scenery as well as the screen. I think theres no heart because of the voice. The script is annoying the other one stoped talking for a bit this one dosnt shut up. I do miss those fiberoptics I have loved those since i was a abay. By the way an 18 year old started this thread and I wrote a better illuminations at age 12 when I started etting tired of ROE LOL:ROFLOL:. :(But I am still a horibul scriptwriter:(.

EPCOT Explorer

Thats another thing that bothered me:veryconfu. I miss the old music and the walter cronkite voice but I have to admit the new music at the end is pretty good from the spaace senter to the end it kind of sounds like the horizons music:). the part where you go down it looks like theres walls on bith sides I am wiondering if those came down the old dtuff would be revealed and if so thay should turn them on just for a little scenery as well as the screen. I think theres no heart because of the voice. The script is annoying the other one stoped talking for a bit this one dosnt shut up. I do miss those fiberoptics I have loved those since i was a abay. By the way an 18 year old started this thread and I wrote a better illuminations at age 12 when I started etting tired of ROE LOL:ROFLOL:. :(But I am still a horibul scriptwriter:(.

If and when the ride is finally completed, the Triangles that float around you will become screens and show other images that go along with your video. It's also rumored that Tomorrow's Child will be added to the score.

EPCOTPluto

If and when the ride is finally completed, the Triangles that float around you will become screens and show other images that go along with your video. It's also rumored that Tomorrow's Child will be added to the score.
Listening to the score, I wonder how it'll fit with the current SSE theme...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Indeed!:eek:

No, the models we've seen on display were never in the ride.

The ride's model, according to Martin, and my own observation, was a glass sphere, suspended, and with the lighting and SSE Pattern projected outtward onto it's surface.

That, and the Glitter City Model, were my two favorite parts of SSE.:(
Wait. are we referring to the SSE suspended with some fiberoptic flare coming from around it down a few feet in the location of the decent in the leg area going from the geosphere to the load/unload building? The one that was about 18 inches in diameter?

EDIT: ok... found a photo. holy cow. I had never noticed that the tiles were projected onto the sphere. I guess I was looking around it for clues all the time and never at it. The photo I have is either with a mega flash or with the lights on. :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Wait. are we referring to the SSE suspended with some fiberoptic flare coming from around it down a few feet in the location of the decent in the leg area going from the geosphere to the load/unload building? The one that was about 18 inches in diameter?

EDIT: ok... found a photo. holy cow. I had never noticed that the tiles were projected onto the sphere. I guess I was looking around it for clues all the time and never at it. The photo I have is either with a mega flash or with the lights on. :lol:

And you have a pic of it, Joel!?:eek::eek:

Post, post!:sohappy::sohappy::lol:

I swear, since the 180 Top thread, I obsess.:D

vintageepcot

Original Poster

Its not all complete yet. I saw temporaty looking tarps I thought the old stuff was back there. I hope they bring back some old stuff but if it is filled with other cool stuff its all good. How do you find out about this stuff. I miss going down and seeing the displays. The first time I went on the ride wasnt fullly complete and they sped up the carts and shortned the ride that scared me this year they brought back the earth and you see the top walls of the ball before there were walls all around I was so upset I needed that earth and the top of tha ball and now they have that klydescope which I cant get enouf of I try to figure out where the walls are and how far it realey goes. I cant resist I rather not find out I always ruin it for myself with everything trying to figutr everything out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom