To mutch missing from spaceship earth

Mr.EPCOT

Its not all complete yet. I saw temporaty looking tarps I thought the old stuff was back there. I hope they bring back some old stuff but if it is filled with other cool stuff its all good. How do you find out about this stuff. I miss going down and seeing the displays. The first time I went on the ride wasnt fullly complete and they sped up the carts and shortned the ride that scared me this year they brought back the earth and you see the top walls of the ball before there were walls all around I was so upset I needed that earth and the top of tha ball and now they have that klydescope which I cant get enouf of I try to figure out where the walls are and how far it realey goes. I cant resist I rather not find out I always ruin it for myself with everything trying to figutr everything out.

What? Very incomprehensible. It sounds like you are trying to say that the top section of the ride with the view of the Earth in space was somehow omitted or blocked, and that they somehow increased the speed of your ride vehicle to rush you through it and the finale, all of which hasn't ever happened and is impossible. The top section with Earth has never been blocked from view, and they can't speed up just one section of the ride, all of the ride vehicles travel at the same speed, they are physically unable to travel at different speeds from one another.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
What? Very incomprehensible. It sounds like you are trying to say that the top section of the ride with the view of the Earth in space was somehow omitted or blocked, and that they somehow increased the speed of your ride vehicle to rush you through it and the finale, all of which hasn't ever happened and is impossible. The top section with Earth has never been blocked from view, and they can't speed up just one section of the ride, all of the ride vehicles travel at the same speed, they are physically unable to travel at different speeds from one another.
Just let it go man... I think this is a lost cause. :D

Hrudey3032

3573564488_48ce541d39.jpg

allee650

My biggest problem with the current version is the paperboy facing the wall. Creeps me out! Did something happen to his face during the refurb, or is there any reason at all he's turned around?

vintageepcot

Original Poster

No way I know its not a floom ride I mean the whole ride even the narration was off. They had construction tarps from the laser part to the end the led klydescope wasnt there yet and someone on youtube said that the screens will come down then the ride is complete not saying I believe it I know as mutch more or less as you do. I heard it still isnt complete. I hope they have some city models back again i miss the oold ending it was so relaxing and peacefull. It is now but the whole ending is the screens.

vintageepcot

Original Poster
My biggest problem with the current version is the paperboy facing the wall. Creeps me out! Did something happen to his face during the refurb, or is there any reason at all he's turned around?

They probally droped him or something. but then he is facing the window where they ushrualey face but your right they should be facing the people on the ride at least I think so.

joel_maxwell

No way I know its not a floom ride I mean the whole ride even the narration was off. They had construction tarps from the laser part to the end the led klydescope wasnt there yet and someone on youtube said that the screens will come down then the ride is complete not saying I believe it I know as mutch more or less as you do. I heard it still isnt complete. I hope they have some city models back again i miss the oold ending it was so relaxing and peacefull. It is now but the whole ending is the screens.
Hi there. With all seriousness, are you from another country and quite possibly you struggle with English a bit?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They probally droped him or something. but then he is facing the window where they ushrualey face but your right they should be facing the people on the ride at least I think so.
ushrualey? You mean usually?

The Paperboy is now facing the new painted street backdrop. Periodically he will look over his shoulder at the ride vehicles. Try a thread search for Spaceship Earth in the late 2007-early 2008 timeframe; all the changes were discussed in the smallest of details. You may find it interesting.

vintageepcot

Original Poster
Hi there. With all seriousness, are you from another country and quite possibly you struggle with English a bit?

I just get very detailed on these things and sometimes its hard to get the right words out. I only struggle on these discushions and I get very lazy with these things when it comes to typing. I was typing this 3 in the morning.

vintageepcot

Original Poster
ushrualey? You mean usually?

The Paperboy is now facing the new painted street backdrop. Periodically he will look over his shoulder at the ride vehicles. Try a thread search for Spaceship Earth in the late 2007-early 2008 timeframe; all the changes were discussed in the smallest of details. You may find it interesting.

I was writing 3 in the morning.

joel_maxwell

I just get very detailed on these things and sometimes its hard to get the right words out. I only struggle on these discushions and I get very lazy with these things when it comes to typing. I was typing this 3 in the morning.
Ah. Well, like I said, I wasn't coming down on you, your sentence structure and grammar resemble that of someone from another country trying to speak English.

I would suggest that you download the free "add-on" to IE or Firefox that checks your spelling. Some people on forums will really flame you for using constant incorrect spelling.

Just trying to help you out a bit so you can enjoy your stay. :wave:

vintageepcot

Original Poster
Ah. Well, like I said, I wasn't coming down on you, your sentence structure and grammar resemble that of someone from another country trying to speak English.

I would suggest that you download the free "add-on" to IE or Firefox that checks your spelling. Some people on forums will really flame you for using constant incorrect spelling.

Just trying to help you out a bit so you can enjoy your stay. :wave:

Oh I know I use to have that but its not working. By the way thanks for the advice I appreciate it.

vintageepcot

Original Poster
I realey miss the parts where your going down and you see the fiberoptic city and the music was so amazing. I loved that so mutch and that left the hugest impreshion on me. It hurts to go on spaceship earth to find it all missing. I hope they put something there that is just as good. I am tired of that black tunnel. That was the last thing in future world that was like one of my first baby impreshions that I remember. I remember my nanny and grandpa would take me on spaceship earth, horizons, and dreamfinder when everyone elts would do stuff that I was a little to young for or when my little siste was to young to not ride in a seperate cart with my parents. I still remember being amazed seeing the underwater houses thinking they were real. I also remember tha stars on spaceship earth and thank god there still there. I can remember those 3 and the old illumnations fro that time without going back to epcot, looking at pictures and videos. I still even remember seeing the jamitors for the first time I even remember they were plating just at the edge of innoventions breezway coming back from horizons and walking into innoventions breezway.

chwilson88

I, too, am growing increasingly annoyed at the spelling mistakes that vintage is making...I don't know why, either, as I'm not one to criticize, but for some reason..maybe it's the fact that the same words keep getting spelled incorrectly, and the same way! Sorry vintage, don't take this the wrong way, I mean well..

EPCOTPluto

EDIT: OK... found a photo. Holy cow. I had never noticed that the tiles were projected onto the sphere. I guess I was looking around it for clues all the time and never at it. The photo I have is either with a mega flash or with the lights on. :lol:
:eek: I was always under the impression that it was another model, but not glass. VERY interesting!

How can someone get the tile projector? It makes for a cool nightlight. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom