To mutch missing from spaceship earth

cococola44

I was comparing the 2 spaceship earths. I like the new one and think it was a genius as the first one but the second one I think was more intresting with the fiberoptics and I think demonstrated comunication a little better with the fiberoptic radiowaves the conversations from one side to another and the fiberoptics going over the city. That was realey detailed I think they need to show that again. I also dont get how they just end with that guy on the computer I was a little thrown off.

I respect your opinion, i realy do. I do know there is a long thread comparison on here somewhere. but they were sort of trying update it to make it more "technology" of the future sortaspeak. The american boy with the japanese girl they put in there back in the 80s as a "going to happen" type of thing but as you know...it is happening now. and the guy on the computer was demonstrating how some of it all started was by this guy working in his garage.

CaptainJackNO

I love the new SSE Attraction. However, I do think the decent from the previous version was better than the current decent. However, I do love the new SSE.

EPCOTPluto

For all I know, it perhaps was stored along with the rest of EPCOT's past in the GR backstage, or Sperry-Univac's Backstage Magic show...:(

Or reused elsewhere in WDW...guess it's just one of those mysteries.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
:eek: I was always under the impression that it was another model, but not glass. VERY interesting!

How can someone get the tile projector? It makes for a cool nightlight. :lookaroun
Awesome idea. Although, Im not sure i would ever go to sleep.

Please vintageepcot, just as a helpful pointer, at least use paragraphs :wave:
I will say that the run on sentences are to the point of banging my head against a wall.

In the Irons version, the model of SSE on the right near the end of the descent wasn`t a model. It was a plain sphere with the tile pattern projected onto it.
Why do I feel like an idiot that I never noticed this in person. I'll make the excuse that it was so well done that you couldn't see the sides etc of the sphere to see that the projection wasn't hitting the sides.

Just let me believe that you couldn't tell in person since it was so well done. :D

EPCOT Explorer

Awesome idea. Although, Im not sure i would ever go to sleep.

I will say that the run on sentences are to the point of banging my head against a wall.

Why do I feel like an idiot that I never noticed this in person. I'll make the excuse that it was so well done that you couldn't see the sides etc of the sphere to see that the projection wasn't hitting the sides.

Just let me believe that you couldn't tell in person since it was so well done. :D

Seriously. I didn't know that it was sphere until after it was gone.:lol::eek: I thought they had a silver SSE model floating up there in the Fiber Optic arch with a blue spotlight on it. It was a awesome effect. My favorite.

EPCOTPluto

And to think about it, is there any image of the glass SSE elsewhere in the internet?

Now all this talk makes me incredibly interested. :lol:

vintageepcot

Original Poster
I respect your opinion, i realy do. I do know there is a long thread comparison on here somewhere. but they were sort of trying update it to make it more "technology" of the future sortaspeak. The american boy with the japanese girl they put in there back in the 80s as a "going to happen" type of thing but as you know...it is happening now. and the guy on the computer was demonstrating how some of it all started was by this guy working in his garage.

Oh yeah that is all accurite. I just think it is a little cheap with the screens. I am disapointed that they got rid of the artwork with the fiberoptics and that city with the fiberoptics flying over. I wish they would add that with the screens maby after the leds. There is part where theres walls on both sides I wonder if there not done yet or thats the old stuff. You know the city they have on the screens why not make that all lit up in different colors on both sides of the cart make a futuristic model of a village in that dark lonley tunnel as where going down. Show people using watch phones hang models of the hover cars and add more props thats what I miss going back down stuff like that. Becides the IM chat scene thay ripped out the part I look foward to the most on spaceship earth. I know they cant just focus on one person but I think the ride needs more at the end. keep the screens but I would have just mutch fun watching a screen after getting off the ride.

vintageepcot

Original Poster
you all might laugh at me but I just saw a youtube of the old spaceship earth. It made me realize that I have the new spaceship earth the end is cheap. The old music was better the there was props instead of a dark tunnel the new one is cheap and comercial along with the music and the new voice I dramaticaly changed my mind. I am done with spaceship earth. I used to love that ride and now its ruined. The ride and the old music was a masterpiece and we will never see it again. I dont care if they changed the sets but there are no sets just the walls and a screen its devistating to see all that work thrown down the drain. This new ride creativity is pure laziness its not the rides fault but I am done. Goodby spacehip earth. At least untill the imagineers get their act together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom