To Infinity and Beyond: A May 2011 Pixar Weekend Trip Report

Less than one month after returning from my April trip, and just two months after our wedding/Disneymoon trip, Brett and I were back at the World. How’d it happen, you ask? Well, on a rainy Friday morning, two weeks prior to Pixar Weekend, Brett sent me an email detailing some of the rare characters expected at the event and ended it by stating that we should totally go. I think he was half joking, because my response, “Let’s do it,” isn’t really what he was expecting. We decided to meet up for lunch that day and after discussing expenses and planning out a budget, we realized a short three-day weekend trip was totally doable. Huzzah!

We booked an AP rate at CBR the very same day. However, after more discussion that evening, we decided to switch to a value resort and upgrade our APs to Premium passes with the extra money we would’ve spent on the moderate! We had planned to go to a water park at least once during this trip and decided that, the upcharge for premium passes would pay for themselves after two water park visits. And bonus… merch is 20% off with a premium pass!

What we didn’t do, was book a lot of ADRs. :eek: Shocking, I know! Instead, we decided to just go with the flow and save a little cash since it was a bonus trip. We made two ADRs (the Wave and Kona) and figured we’d just wing it from there.

Pixar Weekend here we come! Thursday, May 12 – Sunday, May 15. Scratch that… Monday, May 16. Yeah, once we got there we totally ended up adding another day. :D

The cast… Mr. and Mrs. Hollybelle!

IMG_4160.jpg

Oh yeah… two new minor obsessions came of this trip: Vinylmation trading and Pook-a-Looz love! But more on that later… right now, I have a little Pixar preview for anyone out there who may or may not have a panic attack if they have to wait much longer (I’m looking at you, Karen!).

Booooooo!

IMG_0437_1.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Hooray for Pixar weekend!! Can't wait to see some rare characters pics.

I think when we get down to the world next week we're going to try and get some character pics we haven't done (like the characters by the hat and hopefully the villains!) I know they're not rare, but to us, they are since we've never taken the time for pics with them.

ToT is DEFINITELY my favorite ride.... Along with Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Rock N Roller Coaster :lol: You're right it is SO hard to pick just one!

Next week?! Wow... November really is here. I remember talking with you about this trip a while back; November really crept up on me! Make sure you go in the Animation building sometime between 4:30-6:00pm. That's where you'll find the fabulous villains. They've been arriving early for Fantasmic for the last couple years. And yeah, I'd mostly classify the villains as rare - they're usually pretty hard to find.

And yeah... how do you pick just one favorite?! My *favorites* change by the day sometimes. Same goes for parks, restaurants, shows, etc. I think the only constants are my favorite time of day in the parks has always been mornings, and my favorite fireworks show has always been Illuminations.

Wow...that camera strap you made is awesome.

You saw the Mary Poppins penguins?! That's awesome. We've never seen them. I guess we need to head to the Animation building more!

We seem to see Max all the time (well, for a rare character), and he's always in random spots. In Epcot by the Fountain of Nations, in DCA by the Monsters, Inc. dark ride, etc...

Hope you got to see more of the rare Pixar characters that weekend than we did!

Thanks, Tom. I'd been searching for a Chip and Dale inspired camera strap for quite some time. I've got to give my mom all the credit for strap though... she's the one that figured out how to make it work.

Same as I told Darolyn above... hit up the Animation building in the late afternoon/early evening. They've been hanging out there for the past two years. We got a cool shot with them back in 2009 where we were all "waddling" like penguins, except for Mary. She remained her proper self.

We managed to capture all the Pixar characters we hadn't already met, but then again, we didn't attend all the D23 events like you and Sarah did. I'm still wondering why they keep scheduling all these "events" on the same weekends. In some cases, like the 40th for example, I think they had the W&D half marathon scheduled long before they decided to put together a "celebration." Otherwise, I feel sure they would've spread those out over two different weekends, but I don't pretend to know what the powers that be are thinking!

Looking forward to another Hollybelle report! Congrats to Brett! We took a graduation celebration trip when Dan graduated from PT school. Nothing better than a stress-free trip with no homework, tests and practicals to worry about while you are there. He also got a job offer while we were on that trip! I remember we were in line for Space Mountain when he got the call.:lol:

Woohoo! Same thing happened for Brett. He received an offer just before we left for the trip. Thanks, Kristi.

Yay for Holly TRs! It would be a bigger 'yay' if you extended your trip by 2 days instead of one and we could have met up! Ha ha!

Congrats to Brett on graduating. And even if he did make the decision to not 'walk' because of Pixar weekend - who would blame him? :lol:

Very true. Next time we'll have to make that happen!

I, for one, totally wouldn't blame him! I was stoked not to have to sit through the ceremony. :lol: Disney was a big 'ol bonus on top of that. I didn't walk the second time around and it was for a lot less exciting reasons.

Yay! I've been waiting for the latest HollyBelle TR! I'm so excited to read this one because we will be in WDW the same time next year to celebrate my college graduation. I've never been in May, so I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures and getting a feel for crowds, weather, Pixar Weekend, etc.
A HUGE congrats to Brett and a fantastic way to celebrate his graduation, I'm totally stealing the champagne in Epcot idea to toast to mine! :D

Thanks, Lesley. There's just something magical about May at Disney. Usually the crowds are a little more sparse and the heat isn't quite bad enough to melt your face off yet. :lol: October is my favorite month in the parks, but December and May aren't too far behind.

Oh yes.. champagne toasts at Epcot are a MUST!

YEAH ... can't wait to read more of your FAB TR!!

Will remember the champagne tip on my next trip ... not sure when that will be ... but it will be:)

Congrats to Brett on his graduation :sohappy:

I love that way of thinking... of course there will be another trip! And the champagne kiosk in Italy will welcome you with open arms when you arrive. :animwink:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Day 2 – Friday, May 13: Epcot/Blizzard Beach/Magic Kingdom

I was super excited when we woke up on Friday morning. Why’s that, you ask?! Specialty waffles at the Wilderness Lodge!!! You may or may not remember me raving about the deliciousness of such waffles on our honeymoon trip report, but believe me when I tell you they’re scrumptious! So scrumptious that we decided to trek over to the Lodge for breakfast before hitting up Epcot.

They became even more scrum-deliciumptious when the CM offered me the kiddie version! Only two waffles instead of three. The perfect portion size and cheaper. SCORE!

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

Happy girl:

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

After breakfast, it was back to the car and over to Epcot, where we arrived just in time for rope drop.

IMG_0274.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
We did the predictable thing and headed off to the Land to pick up fastpasses for Soarin’. Then we hopped in line for Living with the Land, where we got our own boat!

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0303.jpg

Floating through that last scene of the ride, we started matching up some of our beloved television characters with foods. This is the nonsense we came up with...

Ron Swanson: easy, bacon
Dwight Schrute: beets
GOB Bluth: bananas
Leslie Knope: waffles
Hugo Reyes: fried chicken
Jesse Pinkman: ice
Don Draper: bourbon
Jack Bauer: uhhh, terrorists? :lol:

Brett’s convinced there would be cookies in the background of his shot… lots and lots of cookies. OM NOM NOM NOM!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Judging by my pictures, we hit up the Seas with Nemo and Friends next.

IMG_0313.jpg

And I took advantage of the fact that Nemo and his friends weren’t being abused by children that early in the day.

IMG_0305.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

Poor Pearl… I think she gets the worst of the abuse. And I swear, with each paint job she glows more neon.

We grabbed a coke from Club Cool and then wandered towards World Showcase. Let the Pixar craze begin!!!

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Like most people, we stopped when we reached England, to wait on World Showplace to open. At that time it was around 10:30am.

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

I was a bit disappointed in the times guide. I thought it should’ve been a more creative representation of the Pixar characters, but of course, I really shouldn’t have been surprised by the fact that it was more blatant advertising of Cars 2. It still makes me sad to see how they used this year’s Flower and Garden Festival to promote upcoming movies. In my recollection, years past haven’t been so transparent.

Speaking of…

IMG_0337.jpg

As we sat there watching a line of people continue to grow outside of World Showplace, we strategized that it would be better to skip the main tent, and instead grab all the characters around World Showcase first. So off to the rope we went.

IMG_0362.jpg

Seeing as how we usually start in Mexico, this was the first time I’d ever seen all the French CMs out to welcome guests. Very cool.

IMG_0365.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
First up… BUGS! We’d already met both Flik and Atta, but it was great to get them together.

IMG_0382.jpg

A bit of backtracking to France and we came across some rats! Karen – avert your eyes! Seriously, Remy and Emile are so well done. It makes me sad that they aren't out for meet and greets more often.

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0395.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

Hello, Holley Shiftwell.

IMG_0393.jpg

We timed it pretty well so that when we got back to Morocco, Flik and Atta would be switching out with Slim and Gypsy. The only problem was they didn’t know where they were going to put Slim and Gypsy. I can see why finding a spot for Slim would prove difficult with his height and all, but why in the world was this decision not made sooner? Like, the day before maybe? It was rather disorganized and chaotic. In fact, the CMs out in the park were kept a bit in the dark with regards to when they would come out and where they would be set up. We ended up waiting 30-45 minutes before giving up and heading back towards World Showplace to catch the characters in there. I was surprised quite a bit by the disorganization of it.

These two were hamming it up when we passed back by:

IMG_0409.jpg

So in love…

IMG_0414.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
There was a “red carpet” leading into World Showplace, along with rather large free-standing poster signs depicting Pixar characters.

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

Inside, they had backdrops set up for Cars, Monster’s Inc., the Incredibles, Up, and Toy Story. After a quick assessment, we jumped into the Monster’s Inc. line. Mike and Sulley were out, but we figured by the time we got to the front they would be switching out with George P. Sanderson, Smitty, and Needleman. Rumor had it that Boo hadn’t been out yet that morning, and it was unsure as to whether or not she was going to make it.

Not gonna lie… I was more excited for George P. Sanderson than any of the rest of them. But then it happened: Boo peeked her adorable little head out from around her door and the whole building erupted in thunderous applause. In a mere twenty seconds the little monster had stolen my heart! We watched as she bounced around the room “scaring” people – she’d just run up to folks around the line and put her little hands up in an effort to rawr. Honestly, it was exactly what you would expect out of a three year old; she couldn’t keep still.

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

Boo wasn’t the only celebrity we met that day… while in line I heard “Hollybelle?” and turned to see Joanna! Hooray! She wasn’t too far ahead of us in line and we dished about Pixar Weekend for a bit before the line twisted in a way that took us away from one another. Greetings, Joanna, it was so great to have finally met you! I hope you managed to catch all the Pixar Pals over the course of the weekend.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
After meeting Boo and her monster guardians, we made our way to La Hacienda for some Autentica Comida Mexicana. Seriously, La Hacienda is quickly becoming my favorite counter service on property – I can’t seem to get enough of that place. We’ve eaten there every single trip since trying it on our Disneymoon.

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

I was craving a margarita, but the CM told me they were out – I guess that happens when they’re blended in one big vat. Blasphemy! To think, I was left to drown my tears in a tall Dos Equis. I've got to admit, it turned out to be quite the perfect combination for my tacos de carne.

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

Brett had the tacos de pollo. For those trying to decide between the chicken and the beef, I wouldn't classify either as very spicy. But the chicken does have a bit more of a kick than the beef.

IMG_0446.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Back in Future World there was the most famed Intergalactic hero of all time (pssst… he’s the one on the right, but don’t tell the other guy that):

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

While in MouseGear, I randomly decided to pick up a vinylmation from the Toy Story series. Little did I know, this was only the beginning. :lookaroun Well actually, Brett bought me one way back when they first came out, before they were all the rage. And it’s been on my desk at work ever since, but I never really considered buying more because I didn’t like the idea that I couldn’t pick out the exact character I wanted. However, once I realized they had trading boxes, I figured it couldn’t hurt to pick one up and have a little harmless fun.

IMG_0459.jpg

Bullseye was in the mystery wrapper… and as much as I like Bullseye, I decided to tuck him into my camera bag to trade later. How horrible am I? I was shunning the most loyal of sidekicks.

IMG_0858.jpg

We also grabbed Grad Mickey for the tree and then made our way out of the park.

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

Over lunch we’d come to the conclusion that the Pixar meet and greets may be a bit more organized if we came back the next morning – there seemed to have been a steep learning curve on Day 1. I had faith that at some point during the day they’d find a nice shady spot for Slim and he’d be waiting for us in World Showcase the next morning. Plus, the day was turning into a scorcher and we were ready to put our new premium passes to use.

Up next... a melting ski slope!

PartOfYourWorld

Thanks, Jess. You may or may not have noticed this, but I have trouble naming favorites... it's hard to commit to calling something my favorite, because I love it all so much. But the Tower of Terror really may be my favorite ride!

The boats really are so relaxing. We're staying at the Dolphin on our next visit, so I have a feeling we'll be using them quite a bit!

:sohappy: Yay!!!! Thank you for coming over to the Twilight Zone! hehe :D

And my mom wanted me to tell you that she loves the strap!!!! And she still has yet to come onto here...hopefully she will soon!!

Added edit: I also wanted to say congrats to Brett on the graduation!
And I can definitely understand that you would associate dwight with beets :)

MillerPoppins

Ahhhhhhhh HAAAAAA!!!!! Finally!!!! I've been checking daily for this beauty to come across the board and yessss, my wishes have been granted!!:sohappy::sohappy:

Ok so...

1. Thanks for the Boo early shout out...she is just too darn cute for words.

2. You got to see Mary AND her penguins??? How on earth did this awesome fact get omitted out of our Pixar conversations? That is simply AMAZING!!!

3. No comments on the rat photos.

4. BOO IS AWESOME!!!! Your pics are just too adorable! I love them!!

Huzzah Holly! You rock!

Disneyfalcon

Yay! Another trip report! All those characters are amazing! I know you were in heaven!! :)

We love Vinylmations! We have, well, way too many. :D

Ariel484

Shannon!!! Thank you.

Yeah, I was pretty surprised by the price difference in each glass of champagne. Surely, they can't taste all that much different. Unfortunately, there were no Gran Man slushies this trip. But there were definitely more adult beverages... and that's always a good thing. :animwink: :sohappy:

Oh nooooooo! :cry: Next time, my friend.

Floating through that last scene of the ride, we started matching up some of our beloved television characters with foods. This is the nonsense we came up with...

Ron Swanson: easy, bacon
Dwight Schrute: beets
GOB Bluth: bananas
Leslie Knope: waffles
Hugo Reyes: fried chicken

Brett’s convinced there would be cookies in the background of his shot… lots and lots of cookies. OM NOM NOM NOM!

These are the only ones I know...and I completely agree! You guys have good taste in television! :D

Anyhoo, LOVE the pictures that you guys have so far. I'm especially jealous of Remy and Emile (sorry, Karen :wave:) and, of course, Boo. That's weird about the disorganization of the meet & greets...hopefully you guys were right in guessing that things would be better the next day. Can't wait for more! :sohappy:

PolynesianPrincess

Next week?! Wow... November really is here. I remember talking with you about this trip a while back; November really crept up on me! Make sure you go in the Animation building sometime between 4:30-6:00pm. That's where you'll find the fabulous villains. They've been arriving early for Fantasmic for the last couple years. And yeah, I'd mostly classify the villains as rare - they're usually pretty hard to find.

And yeah... how do you pick just one favorite?! My *favorites* change by the day sometimes. Same goes for parks, restaurants, shows, etc. I think the only constants are my favorite time of day in the parks has always been mornings, and my favorite fireworks show has always been Illuminations.

Yes, November really is here! Scary huh? What's even scarier is that we're making ADR's for our May trip and we haven't even gone on our November trip yet!! lol Eeeek!!! Since we're staying at the WL, Roaring Fork is most definitely on our list for breakfast if only because of the YUMMY waffles you raved about! Mickey waffles = :slurp: but Mickey waffles with deliciousness on top = :slurp::slurp:

The Animation Building has been added to our list!! I think I've only been back there one time! What is wrong with me?!? :veryconfu

Honestly, I never was an Illuminations fan. It was never a show I ever got fully into and if I heard the score randomly played, I wouldn't have recognized it. I always loved Wishes the most. I did, however, download the Illuminations score on my iPhone and I LOVE it now. I get goosebumps listening to it. I can't wait to see it now that I can recognize the music :D

Congrats to Brett on the graduation!!! :)

WDWFigment

We managed to capture all the Pixar characters we hadn't already met, but then again, we didn't attend all the D23 events like you and Sarah did. I'm still wondering why they keep scheduling all these "events" on the same weekends. In some cases, like the 40th for example, I think they had the W&D half marathon scheduled long before they decided to put together a "celebration." Otherwise, I feel sure they would've spread those out over two different weekends, but I don't pretend to know what the powers that be are thinking!

Ah yes, this is something that absolutely drives me crazy. From a logistical perspective, why schedule two big events that are both likely to appeal to hardcore fans on the same weekend? If I were a local, I'd be irritated (since you couldn't possibly do all of the Pixar stuff and D23 stuff).

Same for the 40th weekend. Wine & Dine marathon was scheduled that night, and during the day, there was a Mom's Panel meet scheduled at Epcot. Why not schedule the marathon a night earlier or a night later? Same with the Mom's Panel meet? These are things that all appeal to your multiple-visits per year crowd, why not manage the scheduling so these people can attend multiple events?!

That said, as an Annual Passholder living hundreds of miles away, I'm fine with multiple events being crammed into the same weekend, because it gives us more activity options and allows us to focus on certain weekends to visit. If Pixar Weekend and D23's Destination D were on separate weekends, we would have only attended Destination D, and missed all of the Pixar stuff. Since they were on the same weekend, we got to attend a few Pixar things.

Next year, May 20 is likely to be the first weekend of Star Wars Weekends and the last weekend of Flower & Garden Festival. If I were Disney, I wouldn't have both events that weekend. However, we've already booked a trip for that weekend hoping that both events are held that weekend and we can attend both!

WDWFigment

Just read your TV characters/foods bit. Rare to find other Disney fans who like Breaking Bad! (Oddly, a show about the production of meth doesn't appeal to everyone...)

We just finally finished Season 4 last night. All I can say is wow. Still stunned at that ending. I won't say any more in case you haven't seen it, but...wow.

Other nice picks there, too, especially Arrested Development. We enjoy all of the shows you've listed. Well, Sarah actually doesn't like Parks and Rec, but I think that's because it portrays Indiana (her home state) in a disparaging light. I happen to think of it as an accurate light, but then again, I hate Indiana!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Yay!!!! Thank you for coming over to the Twilight Zone! hehe

And my mom wanted me to tell you that she loves the strap!!!! And she still has yet to come onto here...hopefully she will soon!!

Added edit: I also wanted to say congrats to Brett on the graduation!
And I can definitely understand that you would associate dwight with beets

Big thanks to you, Diane! And don’t worry… my mom has had a screen name for quite some time now and still has yet to post. :animwink:

Dwight Schrute (by way of my newest obsession, pinterest): http://pinterest.com/pin/195258368/

So excited for another report. Jealous you got to see Max, I never seem to find him. I do love that you got to meet Boo, she is adorable!!

Boo is the epitome of adorable. Like Tom mentioned earlier, keep your eyes peeled for Max in some out of the way places. He’s around more than you might think! Hopefully you’ll cross paths with him soon.

Ahhhhhhhh HAAAAAA!!!!! Finally!!!! I've been checking daily for this beauty to come across the board and yessss, my wishes have been granted!!

Ok so...

1. Thanks for the Boo early shout out...she is just too darn cute for words.

2. You got to see Mary AND her penguins??? How on earth did this awesome fact get omitted out of our Pixar conversations? That is simply AMAZING!!!

3. No comments on the rat photos.

4. BOO IS AWESOME!!!! Your pics are just too adorable! I love them!!

Huzzah Holly! You rock!

Seriously, there is no question that Boo was easily the star of the show across the board at Pixar Weekend. I’m really surprised they haven’t started rotating her in with Mike and Sully over at the Studios.

Okay. You, too, can totally meet Mary’s penguins. Like, tomorrow! :animwink: Hit up the animation building in the late afternoon/early evening.

Personally… love the rats! Looks like you'll just have to deal. :lol:

Yay! Another trip report! All those characters are amazing! I know you were in heaven!!

We love Vinylmations! We have, well, way too many.

The character turnout was fabulous… and as a bonus (coming from someone who doesn’t collect autographs), they didn’t allow autographs so it kept the lines moving rather quickly.

Lots of vinylmation pics to come! I’ve been suckered in.

These are the only ones I know...and I completely agree! You guys have good taste in television!

Thanks, Shannon. We’re complete and total tv junkies. As for other comedies we really like... I'd also add Modern Family to that list. Brett and I see a lot of ourselves in Phil and Claire Dunphy. :lookaroun :lol:

Anyhoo, LOVE the pictures that you guys have so far. I'm especially jealous of Remy and Emile (sorry, Karen) and, of course, Boo. That's weird about the disorganization of the meet & greets...hopefully you guys were right in guessing that things would be better the next day. Can't wait for more!

Remy and Emile are pretty fabulous. I do have a Remy plush… what do you think? Should he stow away for our girls cruise?! Karen won’t mind, will you, Karen?! :ROFLOL:

Yes, November really is here! Scary huh? What's even scarier is that we're making ADR's for our May trip and we haven't even gone on our November trip yet!! lol Eeeek!!! Since we're staying at the WL, Roaring Fork is most definitely on our list for breakfast if only because of the YUMMY waffles you raved about! Mickey waffles = :slurp: but Mickey waffles with deliciousness on top = :slurp::slurp:

Yes. Wilderness Waffles = OM NOM NOM NOM NOM! Cookie Monster would be proud.

The Animation Building has been added to our list!! I think I've only been back there one time! What is wrong with me?!?

It’s a must. And if you haven’t done it, be sure to make time for the Animation Academy drawing class – it is so much fun.

Honestly, I never was an Illuminations fan. It was never a show I ever got fully into and if I heard the score randomly played, I wouldn't have recognized it. I always loved Wishes the most. I did, however, download the Illuminations score on my iPhone and I LOVE it now. I get goosebumps listening to it. I can't wait to see it now that I can recognize the music

Congrats to Brett on the graduation!!! :)

You nailed it… it’s the musical score for Illuminations that makes that show what it is. I get chills every single time I listen to it. I’m excited to hear about your newfound appreciation for my favorite show!

Ah yes, this is something that absolutely drives me crazy. From a logistical perspective, why schedule two big events that are both likely to appeal to hardcore fans on the same weekend? If I were a local, I'd be irritated (since you couldn't possibly do all of the Pixar stuff and D23 stuff).

Same for the 40th weekend. Wine & Dine marathon was scheduled that night, and during the day, there was a Mom's Panel meet scheduled at Epcot. Why not schedule the marathon a night earlier or a night later? Same with the Mom's Panel meet? These are things that all appeal to your multiple-visits per year crowd, why not manage the scheduling so these people can attend multiple events?!

That said, as an Annual Passholder living hundreds of miles away, I'm fine with multiple events being crammed into the same weekend, because it gives us more activity options and allows us to focus on certain weekends to visit. If Pixar Weekend and D23's Destination D were on separate weekends, we would have only attended Destination D, and missed all of the Pixar stuff. Since they were on the same weekend, we got to attend a few Pixar things.

Next year, May 20 is likely to be the first weekend of Star Wars Weekends and the last weekend of Flower & Garden Festival. If I were Disney, I wouldn't have both events that weekend. However, we've already booked a trip for that weekend hoping that both events are held that weekend and we can attend both!

This. I pretty much agree with it all.

I’m taking a wild guess on this but I bet the W&D half/40th pairing was a flub. I don’t think Disney really had any intentions of honoring the 40th until the fan community got all up in arms about it. By that point, the W&D was already scheduled – registration for it had opened a year prior, and obviously you can’t change the date of the 40th, so there was no turning back.

Just read your TV characters/foods bit. Rare to find other Disney fans who like Breaking Bad! (Oddly, a show about the production of meth doesn't appeal to everyone...)

We just finally finished Season 4 last night. All I can say is wow. Still stunned at that ending. I won't say any more in case you haven't seen it, but...wow.

Other nice picks there, too, especially Arrested Development. We enjoy all of the shows you've listed. Well, Sarah actually doesn't like Parks and Rec, but I think that's because it portrays Indiana (her home state) in a disparaging light. I happen to think of it as an accurate light, but then again, I hate Indiana!

We love intelligent television. You know, the type of shows that don’t have to beat you over the head with their intentions – instead they trust that their audience is smart enough to put the pieces together.

We started powering through Breaking Bad just a couple of months ago, and caught up with the Season 4 finale in time to watch it live. I’m especially curious to see where they go with the final season, as there are so many possibilities on how this may end and I trust that the writers will bring it to a fulfilling close for viewers. If you don’t already watch them, two other shows I would recommend based on your enjoyment of Breaking Bad are Dexter and Six Feet Under.

And if you’re a fan of Arrested Development’s style, I would also suggest Always Sunny in Philadelphia. We caught a few episodes one night and recently went back and started from the beginning. Again, you may already watch all of these, but if not you should totally consider them!

Parks and Rec has been killing it this season, and in my opinion, the Office is suffering in comparison.

fractal

*Great Pics

*Love the camera strap!

*agree with Tot

*Congrats to Brett

and I'm extremely jealous of your bi-weekly trips :D

Ariel484

Thanks, Shannon. We’re complete and total tv junkies. As for other comedies we really like... I'd also add Modern Family to that list. Brett and I see a lot of ourselves in Phil and Claire Dunphy. :lookaroun :lol:

Modern Family is on our DVR line-up as well, but I think Parks & Rec is our #1 comedy right now along with Psych and How I Met Your Mother. I actually had Breaking Bad from the library awhile back and never got around to watching it...I'll have to check it out!

...your TR is slowly being taken over by TV talk! Oops! :eek:

Remy and Emile are pretty fabulous. I do have a Remy plush… what do you think? Should he stow away for our girls cruise?! Karen won’t mind, will you, Karen?! :ROFLOL:

Hmm...I think you'd better leave him at home for his own safety, otherwise he might be swimmin' with the fishes before the week's over! :lookaroun :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom