To Honor the CM...

nikkie876

Original Poster
Does anyone think Disney will do something to honor Austin? This was such a tragedy and it has touched many people in many ways. I would definitely like to show my support to his family so they know that he will not be forgotten. Helping the family with memorial costs or even setting up a scholarship in his memory.
Having a brother in law that passed away at the same age, I personally can attest to how much a difference a community can make to help keep a memory alive.

stevieg639

I am not sure but the CM that died on the Primeval Whirl a couple of years ago did not get a tribute either, from my recollection.

DisneyDellsDude

Neither did the girl who was ripped in half in America Sings. Although I believe they named a pool after her at a local high school.
Or George at Pirates of the Caribbean.
But people still talk to him.:lookaroun

Edit: The sticker idea is nice.
But do we know what monorails are coming back? Will both purple and pink return? Or will they be spliced together and we'll get a new color?

Was it silver who had the fire back in the day? He's still around.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Was it silver who had the fire back in the day? He's still around.
It was, and it was a cab carriage which was replaced. Also note there was a collision in 1974 where one train hit another one, injuring a pilot and two guests. Part of me hopes Pink and Purple are reinstated at some time in the future as a tribute. And that Purple has something to remember Austin by.

Either way I`ll take a moment to pause under the concourse entry beam on my next trip.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I doubt it.
Most likely, Disney will do their best to respectfully sweep it under the rug. I don't think they want to bring any more attention to the accident than there has already been.

TTATraveler

I think a plaque at the TTC or a decal either on the inside or outside of the purple cab (when it returns to service) would be appropriate. While Disney may want to try and forget about this from a public relations standpoint, I don't think anyone be it a cm, or an everyday guest, should forget about this. It is trully unfortunate and sad that a cm lost his life doing what he loved to do. :(

RiversideBunny

What was done for the CM who was killed a few years ago when he was run over by a parade float?

What was done for the CM who was killed on the Triceratop Spin attraction?

:)

corrwill

What was done for the CM who was killed a few years ago when he was run over by a parade float?

I don't know about the TSpin attraction at DAK, but to honor the Pluto Cast Member, they try to have Pluto Walk at the end of every Parade at the Magic Kingdom. Unless you know why it doesn't mean anything to you, but I always found it a nice tribute.

Dskipper

just to let you know for the cm that died wail playing friends with tigger. disney got entertainmet cast togeather and put a concert togeather at the old doug theater (now ai). cast members and friends paid like 15 bucks per person to go watch a nice show, and short slide show of him and all the money went to the family because the cms all did it free. ontop of the nice little check disney wrote to the family too.

juan

they should just retire the purple color and bring it back once fixed as a different color
teal?
brown?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom