To Honor the CM...

Figments Friend

I don't know about the TSpin attraction at DAK, but to honor the Pluto Cast Member, they try to have Pluto Walk at the end of every Parade at the Magic Kingdom. Unless you know why it doesn't mean anything to you, but I always found it a nice tribute.

Wow...and i thought i was the only one who noticed this. I always thought it was just my imagination, but EVERYTIME i saw Pluto at the end of the various MK Parades' after the incident years before i ALWAYS saw it as a nice 'insider' tribute to that CM. I figured it was just me seeing it as that, but it is really nice to hear that this was indeed done as a intentional tribute.

Awesome, and it is indeed a fantastic tribute in a personal sort of way.

:)

DisneyDellsDude

they should just retire the purple color and bring it back once fixed as a different color
teal?
brown?

Hmmm.
There is already...
Red (Pink)
Orange Coral
Yellow Gold
Green Lime
Blue
(Purple)
Black Silver

I could easily see something like teal or brown. Maybe Magenta or Navy or Turquoise?
They seem to have color variations on most "main" colors except blue and purple.

EPCOT Explorer

Hmmm.
There is already...
Red (Pink)
Orange Coral
Yellow Gold
Green Lime
Blue
(Purple)
Black Silver

I could easily see something like teal or brown. Maybe Magenta or Navy or Turquoise?
They seem to have color variations on most "main" colors except blue and purple.
I was thinking Teal or Copper.:shrug:

fireworkz

My wife suggested bringing Purple back in a lighter shade and name it "Lilac". It's purple, but also named because shares it's colour name with a flower.

hardcard

Lets be realistic here... Disney won't commemorate anything.. He won't get a sticker, a coin, or a collectable plate... The last thing disney will want to do is remind guests that a CM was crushed to death in one of their monorails...

They'll commemorate his memory with a check for several million dollars.. After that, the family will sign a release of liability, and this entire thing will fade into memory..

Not trying to be harsh here, but if you think they are going to break the 'magic' with anything publically commemorating the CM's untimely demise, you're insane.

haveyoumetmark

Lets be realistic here... Disney won't commemorate anything.. He won't get a sticker, a coin, or a collectable plate... The last thing disney will want to do is remind guests that a CM was crushed to death in one of their monorails...

They'll commemorate his memory with a check for several million dollars.. After that, the family will sign a release of liability, and this entire thing will fade into memory..

Not trying to be harsh here, but if you think they are going to break the 'magic' with anything publically commemorating the CM's untimely demise, you're insane.
Although it's unfortunate, it's true.

cnymike

A simple "Austin" sticker would go a long way on his monorail...

That would be the best! When we lost a local area EMT, we took the ambulance and now have the star of life with "In Memory of Earle Davis" on the side.

It would be nice to see the same with a monorail theme on his monorail.

castevens

That would be the best! When we lost a local area EMT, we took the ambulance and now have the star of life with "In Memory of Earle Davis" on the side.

In baseball, often times they merely put the initials/player number (which would obviously not be applicable in this situation) on a patch or something. A similar initials may be a great way to honor the CM. It is a subtle reminder to those who know, and encourages those who do not know to ask questions about its presence on the outside of the car, which will allow his legacy to live on.

hardcard

Again, it's not going to happen.. I'll eat crow if it does, right here.. but there is NO WAY they are going to do ANYTHING that reminds guests of death when they enter the 'Place where dreams come true'... sorry.... I didn't say he doesn't deserve rememberance, just a simple factoid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom