To Honor the CM...

bingie

just to let you know for the cm that died wail playing friends with tigger. disney got entertainmet cast togeather and put a concert togeather at the old doug theater (now ai). cast members and friends paid like 15 bucks per person to go watch a nice show, and short slide show of him and all the money went to the family because the cms all did it free. ontop of the nice little check disney wrote to the family too.

When did a "tigger" die???!

Big Cheese

Just a thought, but why isn't all this attention being made toward the surviving pilot also? :shrug:
He or she is the one that's gonna need a lot of support to get through this.:(

AndrewRnR

Although it's unfortunate, it's true.

While the situation is unfortunate I for one don't think its unfortunate Disney won't do anything. Besides all the business stuff of not promoting that there was a death does anyone recall the true meaning behind Disneyland, and later Magic Kingdom and Disney World? It is on a plaque - "Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." I am as sad as anyone but I don't want to go to Disney World to read about people who died I want to leave reality and think everything is perfect, fun, and happy. Sure the story has gained national coverage but what about people who haven't heard? You want them to walk up and read a plaque and learn someone has died right there? That will surely be a Debbie Downer on their Disney day.

Again, I'm not trying to say its wrong to feel sad or such about the incident... I just think that Disney is all about a leaving the real world behind and well they should and would want to leave this behind.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
? What happened?
From Wikipedia: The Most Reliable Source on the Internet:
On July 8, 1974, just two weeks after the attraction opened, 18-year-old Disneyland cast member Deborah Gail Stone was killed when she was crushed between the building's rotating wall and a stationary wall. Stone approached too close to the area between the rotating wall and the non-moving stage wall and was caught between them. The attraction was stopped when guests in the adjacent theater heard her screams.
Afterwards, America Sings was closed for two days while safety lights were installed. Eventually, the walls were remodeled so that they would breakaway if a similar incident occurred.

hrcollectibles

That would be the best! When we lost a local area EMT, we took the ambulance and now have the star of life with "In Memory of Earle Davis" on the side.

It would be nice to see the same with a monorail theme on his monorail.

As much as I hate to say this and I will probably come of insensitive here but paying tribute to someone that saved lives is one thing. But paying tribute to someone that was doing their job is another. A few years ago a local police officer was shot and killed in our downtown area. They honored his memory with a plaque a the spot he passed away and the Police cars now have a In memory Sticker. I really do not see Disney doing any kind of tribute.

No Tribute was done for the cast members that lost their lives on the sky bucket, Primeval Whirl, or America Sings. Or the gentleman in the German band at the Germany pavillion who suffered a fatal Heart attack? Why would this tragedy be any different?

And another thing I do feel it is sad that someone lost a life but I just can mourn for someone I never knew. Sure I feel for the family but I feel mourning someone should be left to those that are friends and families..

TOTGuy

Just saw this link on the facebook tribute page - awesome video.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ail-austin-wuennenberg-070709,0,2265988.story

I won't watch this video. I've heard about it but it will send me over the edge. The past few days have been very trying times for CMs and I was shocked at how much it affected me. I worked in attractions for almost two years and I keep thinking of how many times I've thought, "that could have ended really badly". Now it has and it is very upsetting. I can't get that image out of my mind as I was driving in to work and I could see purple sticking out of the station. I think this video is so great because it shows guests just how important this job can be to someone and that we really are people. I just want people to stop spinning this as a "botched track switch" or "Disney Disaster" or "tragedy in the sky". It was an accident and we have already made the changes to ensure it never happens again. But I want to wear a purple ribbon for Austin, that could have been any of us...

mike7904

I would have to agree with the minority on this one it seems. To be honest the next time I am at Disney I do not want to be reminded of this accident. I can't see myself stopping to think about the pilot who lost his life when I see the monorail go by. Sorry if that comes off as insensitive or not caring. Just my two cents as it were.

CaptainJackNO

I won't watch this video. I've heard about it but it will send me over the edge. The past few days have been very trying times for CMs and I was shocked at how much it affected me. I worked in attractions for almost two years and I keep thinking of how many times I've thought, "that could have ended really badly". Now it has and it is very upsetting. I can't get that image out of my mind as I was driving in to work and I could see purple sticking out of the station. I think this video is so great because it shows guests just how important this job can be to someone and that we really are people. I just want people to stop spinning this as a "botched track switch" or "Disney Disaster" or "tragedy in the sky". It was an accident and we have already made the changes to ensure it never happens again. But I want to wear a purple ribbon for Austin, that could have been any of us...
Absolute the most appropriate post concerning this tragedy. God bless you and all cast members as they work hard to give us vacationers the trip of dreams. God Bless Austin.........Our prayers and thoughts are with him and his family in this most tragic time.:cry:

CaptainJackNO

I would have to agree with the minority on this one it seems. To be honest the next time I am at Disney I do not want to be reminded of this accident. I can't see myself stopping to think about the pilot who lost his life when I see the monorail go by. Sorry if that comes off as insensitive or not caring. Just my two cents as it were.

I don't think I will ever board a monorail again without thinking about this tragedy and the wonderful young man who was lost too soon in his young life. While I don't think you are insensitive, I don't think anyone aware of this incident will not, from time to time, when aboard the monorail at least have some fleeting memory of this wonderful young man and the tragedy that has befallen him.

hrcollectibles

I don't think I will ever board a monorail again without thinking about this tragedy and the wonderful young man who was lost too soon in his young life. While I don't think you are insensitive, I don't think anyone aware of this incident will not, from time to time, when aboard the monorail at least have some fleeting memory of this wonderful young man and the tragedy that has befallen him.

I am sorry to sound like a jerk but I will have no memory of someone I never met. I am sorry that he died..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom