Timekeeper to become Monsters Inc.

wannab@dis

GothMickey said:
Is there a way they can do the Monsters Inc ride so it fits Tomorrowland theme? What is the ride in Tokyo DL going to be like? After all that one is going into Tomorrowland as well.
My personal opinion? I don't think the imagineers would have a hard time designing the attraction to have a futuristic theme. In fact, I bet IF a Monster Inc attraction is built, the vast majority of guests would not question it's placement in TL once the Imagineers are done. :wave:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Just a random thought - I've been a big Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fan for years (ever since I read the books in high school a couple of decades ago). Even though the movie didn't do so well is there any chance a Hitchhiker's ride or attraction could be built? I know its generally safer/smarter to build an attraction based on a successful movie franchise if you're going to go that route (as opposed to making an attraction based on a non-movie idea), but Hitchhiker's has a fairly large following so I think basing something on that series isn't too big a risk. I can think of quite a few attractions that could revolve around the Guide and many of them would fit quite nicely in TL.

Epcot82Guy

ASJHLJ said:
Just a random thought - I've been a big Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fan for years (ever since I read the books in high school a couple of decades ago). Even though the movie didn't do so well is there any chance a Hitchhiker's ride or attraction could be built? I know its generally safer/smarter to build an attraction based on a successful movie franchise if you're going to go that route (as opposed to making an attraction based on a non-movie idea), but Hitchhiker's has a fairly large following so I think basing something on that series isn't too big a risk. I can think of quite a few attractions that could revolve around the Guide and many of them would fit quite nicely in TL.

I agree. Disney has done a decent job flipping attractions with films that are not really popular at the attraction debut (Splash Mtn. comes most directly to mind). I think a Hitchhikers attraction could be great. I do think Monsters Inc. needs a home in WDW (MGM's Commissary Blvd. in the current ABC and Carey theaters anyone?), and TL has enough foot traffic that an exciting attraction will do well even if it does not have the backing of a known animated film, IMHO.

GothMickey

wannab@dis said:
My personal opinion? I don't think the imagineers would have a hard time designing the attraction to have a futuristic theme. In fact, I bet IF a Monster Inc attraction is built, the vast majority of guests would not question it's placement in TL once the Imagineers are done. :wave:

I totally agree with you that the Imagineers will find a way to make it fit. I would rather much see a new original ride than a movie tie-in, but Monsters Inc would be a welcome change.. I just hope it isn't a clone of the DCA version, cause then it wouldn't fit..

GothMickey said:
I totally agree with you that the Imagineers will find a way to make it fit. I would rather much see a new original ride than a movie tie-in, but Monsters Inc would be a welcome change.. I just hope it isn't a clone of the DCA version, cause then it wouldn't fit..

I have lost all confidence in the people currently employed at Imagineering (exceptions being Baxter, Delaney, and Rohde). I doubt they are smart enough or carring enough to find a way to make it fit. Prove me wrong WDI...Prove me wrong.

GothMickey

I'm not trying to flame you, but, if you are so disappointed with WDI and Disney in general, then stay home and do not go to the parks. Better yet, if you can do such a better job, then apply to work with WDI, and create away.... Let's remember one thing, a lot of the reason things were not up to Disney standard is due to budget cuts, not uncreative minds.... Stitch is a prime example... But, we really cannot call Disney cheap, over 100 million for M:S and 100 mill or more for Everest.... Major rehab of Small World... And if you do get to work there, let's see what you come up with when told you can only spend 5 bucks and not 500 bucks to make the attraction terrific....

wannab@dis

GothMickey said:
I'm not trying to flame you, but, if you are so disappointed with WDI and Disney in general, then stay home and do not go to the parks. Better yet, if you can do such a better job, then apply to work with WDI, and create away.... Let's remember one thing, a lot of the reason things were not up to Disney standard is due to budget cuts, not uncreative minds.... Stitch is a prime example... But, we really cannot call Disney cheap, over 100 million for M:S and 100 mill or more for Everest.... Major rehab of Small World... And if you do get to work there, let's see what you come up with when told you can only spend 5 bucks and not 500 bucks to make the attraction terrific....
:wave:

Agree on ALL points!

Lee

Adventurer
Ghostbuster626 said:
I have lost all confidence in the people currently employed at Imagineering (exceptions being Baxter, Delaney, and Rohde). I doubt they are smart enough or carring enough to find a way to make it fit. Prove me wrong WDI...Prove me wrong.

Uh-uh...you're blaming the wrong people.

GothMickey said:

What your saying is true but I still feel that Mission: Space and Stich could have been better attractions even with the budget cuts. They just feel very "rough around the edges" as if they didnt put a whole lot of thought into the attractions. As for applying at WDI..I am actually working on that.

Tim G

Ghostbuster626 said:
What your saying is true but I still feel that Mission: Space and Stich could have been better attractions even with the budget cuts. They just feel very "rough around the edges" as if they didnt put a whole lot of thought into the attractions. As for applying at WDI..I am actually working on that.

M:S was way over the budget of 100 mill....

BUDGET COSTS???? What do you kwow about budget costs... :(

Tell me... Isn't there ANYTHING you dont compain about? :confused:

Isn't there ANYTHING that you could have done better... :veryconfu

I really pity you... :cry:

And they won't have you, even if it was the last thing they do....
The want people WITHOUT negative ideas such as yours....SNAP OUT OF IT!!! :eek:

Stop being mr. KnowItAll, and Mr. IcouldHaveDoneBetter... :mad:
WDI isn't looking for egocentric people like you...

The trouble with you is... you're narrow minded... and have too much ego...
So stop judging everything and everyone... you are NOT better and you DON'T do better than the rest of us... you don't even come close...
Welcome to the world of grown-ups... :rolleyes:

Yes! I said that, if you want to complain to teh moderator for my words, go ahead... I couldn't care less...
You're always arguing for the sake of arguing...
And of course you're ALWAYS right! atleast... you always WANT to be right... and that's not very intelligent btw...

And don't tell me that you're trying to become a WDI Creative... THEY... don't need YOU...

I'm sick of your jab, jab, jab... nag... nag... nag... :mad:

And so far my statement of today!! (if any)

And to get rid of you, I just dropped you into my Ignore list...

NoNoNoNoNo

Corrus said:

So stop judging everything and everyone... you are NOT better and you DON'T do better than the rest of us... you don't even come close...

Yes! I said that, if you want to complain to teh moderator for my words, go ahead... I couldn't care less...
And of course you're ALWAYS right! atleast... you always WANT to be right... and that's not very intelligent btw...

And don't tell me that you're trying to become a WDI Creative... THEY... don't need YOU...

Atta boy Luther

GothMickey

Ghostbuster626 said:

What budget cuts on M:S?? MS was way over 100 million... How could it have been better? it is still intense... And as real as it gets without actually taking off into space. Astronauts have atested to this.... Stitch, I dunno how much better it could have been. The Imagineers did what they could with the budget they were given, and there is the results.. it had nothing to do with them not being creative.. Heck, Stitch AA is one of the most complex on property.... The storyline needs work... But remember, Stitch is mischevious so they make him do mischevious things...

Well, keep working on it.. And like I said.. when you come up with a great concept, and final costs will be over 100 mill and your bosses come back and say, MAKE THIS FOR ONLY 10 mill.. then we'll see how great the attraction is compared to what it could have been.... Blame budget cuts, not the Imagineers...

GothMickey

Way Off Topic, Unless Tk Is Becoming A Natalie Portman Attraction

NoNoNoNoNo said:
Goth, quit making me stare at you avatar!!!!

LoL.. I had a better picture, but since this is a family site, I didn't use it... You likey natalie Portman?? Hot pic huh? LoL...

NoNoNoNoNo

GothMickey said:
LoL.. I had a better picture, but since this is a family site, I didn't use it... You likey natalie Portman?? Hot pic huh? LoL...

er..um.. i don't know what yer talking about... (dang family sites)

KrazyKemp

Original Poster
Corrus said:

Wow Corrus....I hope you never get that mad at me....

It was refreshing to see you say that...

imagineer boy

Corrus said:

Way to go Corrus!:sohappy: Give him what for!

imagineer boy

Okay then, ghostbusters, since you're Thrawn 2.0, I will give you the honor of saying to you what I've said to Thrawn on numerous occasions.

Ghostbusters, you've made our lives a living hell. So we're going to kill you.

:lookaroun :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom