Timekeeper to become Monsters Inc.

CaptainMichael

GothMickey said:
Now that is out of the way.....

Any new info leaking corrus or Lee?
From what I gather, at this point, Corrus is the only one with information, but he can't talk. Lee is just as confused as we are on this one.

red91wing

you know what in my opinion the whole ride sux. i just went on it for the first time yesterday at california adventure and it was cheesy and BORING.

Connor002

red91wing said:
you know what in my opinion the whole ride sux. i just went on it for the first time yesterday at california adventure and it was cheesy and BORING.

Would you like to elaborate on that, or just leave it as is?
Honestly, I'd take the majority of positive reviews over yours, unless you have some valid points to back it up.

Funny Story I tried TWICE to post this really extensive list of all the rumored attractions that were going into Timekeeper for discussion purposes but everytime there was an error and I lost all my hardwork :( . I'll try again in a second with a cliff notes version.

For discussion purposes here is every REASONABLE project rumored to replace The Timekeeper:

Flying Saucers:
Reimagined version of old Disneyland attraction. Originally designed by WDI as a potential replacement for "Carousel of Progress" it was later rumored that WDI considered building the attraction in the Timekeeper building. Rumored overlays/themes include:

• No Tie-In. Just hoverpods inside large space station in deep space. (concept art available)
  • Little Green Men: From Toy Story.
  • Chicken Little: Based on the aliens in the film or something like that.
  • A Day with Wilbur Robinson: No idea
Little Green Men: Interactive show that involves LGM from Toy Story. Rumored to involve "The Claw" from the first movie. Would likely include 360 Screens, interactive "turtle talk" elements, all that good stuff.

Monsters Inc: Two schools of thought:
  • DCA Clone: Unlikely
  • Interactive Show: Something like the Little Green Men rumor
The Incredibles: I personally don't see how Incredibles fits in tomorrowland I mean in the movie they drive 1950's era cars and live in old fashion looking california suburbs.
  • Interactive show: Like Little Green Men and Monsters rumor.
  • E-ticket: Rumored to involve robotic arm technology. Unlikely. I have heard rumors about this attraction possibly going somewhere else in Tomorrowland. I personally think it makes more sense in MGM...

?????: Maybe its none of the above...maybe its a combination of the above in a sort of Pixar Pavilion (highly unlikely). Or maybe its something totally different (This is what im hoping for).

* I did not make up any of the rumors above. I have come across these rumors at various times over my time on the internet.

CaptainMichael

Nice post Ghostbuster. I, like you, are hoping for something totally different for the Timekeeper spot. Hopefully, the "surprise" that Corrus is referring to is a good one!

Legacy

Rumour!

I heard that they are going to move the TimeKeeper building between Space Mountain and Indy Speedway, and then just put a giant Pixar giftshop in the TimeKeeper spot. The TimeKeeper building will be used for storage.

*It's a rumour... so it has to be added to the list...*

:rolleyes:

NoNoNoNoNo

the rumor i heard is that disney is already in talks to sell pixar and there will be no pixar themes in any of the parks. this comes from a reliable "very inside" source. this should take place by late summer/ early fall. so much for the toy story breakfast idea huh?

CaptainMichael

GothMickey said:
Very interesting GB.. Still waiting though for an official Disney announcement.. But, some of the ideas you posted seem logical.
Thanks for being mature!:sohappy: Some other people just can't seem to let it go.:brick:

hmm I know its just screamscape but they are hearing the new attraction replacing Timekeeper will be a major one. I dunno though...we know Disney has some big plans for WDW's Tomorrowland but..come on..there is only so much you can do with the TK building right?

Shaman

Well I guess it all depends what people consider to be "major"...Turtle Talk could be considered "major"...because it has been very successful, but it isn't an e-ticket.

I just wonder when the announcement will be made...

GothMickey

Ghostbuster626 said:
hmm I know its just screamscape but they are hearing the new attraction replacing Timekeeper will be a major one. I dunno though...we know Disney has some big plans for WDW's Tomorrowland but..come on..there is only so much you can do with the TK building right?

I was under the impression that the building was small do to Buzz Lightyear being behind it.... Is there anyway to expand the show building? If not, then I cannot picture a huge ride going in there.

I really hope that whatever replaces Timekeeper at least keeps the "Metropolis Science Center" theme. Stitch for example adds insult to injury because not only is it a bad ride but it also destroyed the "intergalactic convention center theme" so you can't just ride the TTA and pretend the building is empty :( .

CaptainMichael

Ghostbuster626 said:
Well, I think that Screamscape is actually on to something in this case. It goes along with the impression I'm getting from Corrus.

I'd expect some announcements to be made at Everest's press event or later in the summer to announce the next "celebration".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom