Timekeeper AND Carousel closing?

dxwwf3

Corrus said:
One can't keep it just because it was "Walt's Baby"

True, but can't we keep it because it's one of the last non thrill ride attractions left in the MK geared for adults? People over 21 like to see things at the MK too ;)

TarzanRocked99-

Tta

They would totally have to relocate and reconfigure the TTA track if they remove COP wouldn't they. That entire side of Tomorrowland would be so drastically different. I still like the idea of putting COP in the Timekeeper building, I think it would be the solution that made everyone happy!

Tim G

STR8FAN2005 said:
I think he's been in a foul mood.
No I'm not... REALLY":D

I'm only venting because alot of people are (like Grizz) hold on to the past...
and think Creative will do the same, now with Mr. Lasseter seems to hold the crown.

In that case I have a little surprise for you... A whole lot of new creations will arrive... which means that some older things have to go...
You can't build new, without demolishing old things... that's the way it goes... but before you condemn me:veryconfu, imagine that better things are waiting ahead of us... :D

imagineer boy

Wait a minuite, 20k was Walt's baby?! Walt was long gone before the attraction was even concieved. Maybe you're refferring to The Submarine Voyage at DL?

dxwwf3

Corrus said:
imagine that better things are waiting ahead of us... :D

In Epcot, MGM, and the AK, I'm on board with you. It's been happening for quite some time.

For the Magic Kingdom.......I'm not holding my breath.

dxwwf3

Corrus said:
In that case I have a little surprise for you... A whole lot of new creations will arrive... which means that some older things have to go...
You can't build new, without demolishing old things...

But I thought we had "the blessing of size" at WDW? :lol:

Just kidding, I know what you are saying.

Tim G

imagineer boy said:
Wait a minuite, 20k was Walt's baby?! Walt was long gone before the attraction was even concieved. Maybe you're refferring to The Submarine Voyage at DL?
Sorry...
Yep, but 20K was the re-imagineered version of that, but still heavily based on that ride...

TrentMom

TimeKeeper

I am drawing a blank right now. What is the TimeKeeper? I love the Carousel of Progress. I hope that stays open forever

Only 81 more Days!!!!:D

Tim G

dxwwf3 said:
But I thought we had "the blessing of size" at WDW? :lol:

Just kidding, I know what you are saying.

BTW... Size DOES matter!!!!

biglaugh.gif

Tim G

dxwwf3 said:
In Epcot, MGM, and the AK, I'm on board with you. It's been happening for quite some time.

For the Magic Kingdom.......I'm not holding my breath.

"Rebuilding Of Tomorrowland" started 5 years ago...

yensidtlaw1969

Corrus said:
Sorry...
Yep, but 20K was the re-imagineered version of that, but still heavily based on that ride...
As well as being based on Walt's first major Live action feature.

:D .

I trust you that great things are coming, which is something to look foreward to. I trust Lasseter with knowing what to do with the classics, so if COP must go I trust he's got real reason, and that it won't die for something that will turn out being another SGE (in the way it was recieved atleast). I will miss you COP, and hope that Matt Ouimett hopes to move you over to DLR (where I feel it would fare better), if the rumor is true. Corrus, wold you happen to have a guesstimate of what time of the year it would close, so I can see it one last time?

Thanks.

Yensid "COP, I knew ye well . . ." tlaw1969

Tim G

yensidtlaw1969 said:
As well as being based on Walt's first major Live action feature.

:D .

I trust you that great things are coming, which is something to look foreward to. I trust Lasseter with knowing what to do with the classics, so if COP must go I trust he's got real reason, and that it won't die for something that will turn out being another SGE (in the way it was recieved atleast). I will miss you COP, and hope that Matt Ouimett hopes to move you over to DLR (where I feel it would fare better), if the rumor is true. Corrus, wold you happen to have a guesstimate of what time of the year it would close, so I can see it one last time?

Thanks.

Yensid "COP, I knew ye well . . ." tlaw1969
I can only make an estimate based on the things that already happened...
The talks started in 2001... so IMO.. it won't make another year... (educated guess)
Most of the time the closing always happens between 1 to 5 years after the debates... and believe me... these guys know how to talk... :zipit: :zipit: :zipit:

imagineer boy

Corrus said:
Sorry...

Still, I wouldn't call it walt's baby because technically he really wasn't involved in the creation of the actual ride its self as we knew it at WDW.

PintoColvig

Original Poster
Corrus said:
You can't build new, without demolishing old things... that's the way it goes...
Not true! CoP itself was originally in DL and was moved to MK to make room for other attractions at DL. It can be moved again (to Epcot?). It probably would experience a revival of interest if it were done right and with the right amount of fanfare.

Corrus said:
but before you condemn me:veryconfu, imagine that better things are waiting ahead of us...
Ah, you condemned yourself when you said...
Corrus said:
.... It's not worth the money maintenance, the whole thing isn't even worthy to call a "Disney attraction"

(oops!!! I've done it now!)

In the World of Disney, that's a d*mnable offense! :D

All together now :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom