Timekeeper AND Carousel closing?

PintoColvig

Original Poster
Ghostbuster626 said:
There was of course that "rumor" that the COP family would be moved into a new attraction at Epcot as part of Project: Gemini...
Did that rumor originate with some guy with the initials JH? :drevil:

dandaman

PhilharMagician said:
As Corrus put it "COP will be closed for good by the end of the year"
In this case, I hesitate to believe Corrus. Not because I don't trust him, but because I don't want to believe him. :(

PintoColvig

Original Poster
If the CoP is indeed closing, Mouse House managers need to give those of us who love this attraction and appreciate its historical role in the Disney empire an opportunity to experience it one more time. They need to have a grand send off with a publicly announced date of departure. It's something they should do with most closing attractions, especially the classics like CoP. They could even issue a commemorative pin, for goodness sake!

The probable reason why they won't do this, why it will remain seasonal (ie, rarely if ever opening) and why it will then be suddenly announced that it will never open again is because they don't have any intention of replacing it with anything in the near future. It will simply be a dormant space like 20K, TK, and WoL. This is my speculation, at least. :cool:

Mr. Iger, Mr. Lasseter, and anyone else who has the authority to do so, please give us a chance to say goodbye!

WhyteAL

icorsix said:
If the CoP is indeed closing, Mouse House managers need to give those of us who love this attraction and appreciate its historical role in the Disney empire an opportunity to experience it one more time. They need to have a grand send off with a publicly announced date of departure. It's something they should do with most closing attractions, especially the classics like CoP. They could even issue a commemorative pin, for goodness sake!

I completely agree with you....I think we should be giving the oppertunity to see these attractions one more time...Hey that would even boost park entrance sales :animwink: as well as extra's like stickers and commerorative items :) . How can we bring this to the attention of disney management :veryconfu . If we all put in the effort for this, we can experience these rides one last time.:sohappy:
Instead of second guessing whats gonna happen and miss out. I say we start some sort of writing or calling campaign. It'll work out to both our benefits a sort of win win situation.

PintoColvig

Original Poster
WhyteAL said:
I completely agree with you....I think we should be giving the oppertunity to see these attractions one more time...Hey that would even boost park entrance sales :animwink: as well as extra's like stickers and commerorative items :) . How can we bring this to the attention of disney management :veryconfu . If we all put in the effort for this, we can experience these rides one last time.:sohappy:
Instead of second guessing whats gonna happen and miss out. I say we start some sort of writing or calling campaign. It'll work out to both our benefits a sort of win win situation.

If I knew CoP was closing in the Fall, I would make a special trip down to WDW to see it one more time even if I had originally planned a trip. It would be another opportunity for Disney to get even more money out of me.

So, who is in charge of the letter writing campaign?

TarzanRocked99-

Move it right next door

When I was working at MK I had the opportunity to have a guided tour by Alex the head Imagineer for Magic Kingdom. One of the questions that we asked him was about COP and its future. He said it was not going anywhere anytime soon (this was about a year ago) but declined to comment about Timekeeper.

He said however one of the things they were toying with, and he himself really wanted to do was place COP in the Timekeeper show building. The way he described it made perfect sense. Since Timekeeper borders both Main Street and Tomorrowland it would be a perfect transitional attraction. He said that they wanted to load the guest on the Main Steet side so when you started the show you were located at the turn of the century, just like Main Street. Then he said the final show scene would be updated to be more with the times and you would excit in Tomorrowland where Timekeeper exits today.

This would allow COP to fit in perfectly with the themeing of two lands and allow Mainstreet to have a legit attraction. This would also free up much more space for future additions, because the plot of land currently held by the Galaxy Palace Theater, COP and the old Skyway building is huge.

Not sure if they are still toying with this idea, but I loved it... your thoughts

Epcot82Guy

I have no idea if that is true or not, but that is an OUSTANDINGLY creative Idea. Never thought of that. However, I believe the CircleVision theater is MUCH smaller than COP. However, since the area behind it is basically backstage areas that could be relocated and the Noodle Station is clearly not doing what it was meant to, there could be some things done. I HIGHLY doubt this has merit, but this is one of the more creative approaches I have heard.

Captain Chaos

TarzanRocked99- said:
When I was working at MK I had the opportunity to have a guided tour by Alex the head Imagineer for Magic Kingdom. One of the questions that we asked him was about COP and its future. He said it was not going anywhere anytime soon (this was about a year ago) but declined to comment about Timekeeper.

He said however one of the things they were toying with, and he himself really wanted to do was place COP in the Timekeeper show building. The way he described it made perfect sense. Since Timekeeper borders both Main Street and Tomorrowland it would be a perfect transitional attraction. He said that they wanted to load the guest on the Main Steet side so when you started the show you were located at the turn of the century, just like Main Street. Then he said the final show scene would be updated to be more with the times and you would excit in Tomorrowland where Timekeeper exits today.

This would allow COP to fit in perfectly with the themeing of two lands and allow Mainstreet to have a legit attraction. This would also free up much more space for future additions, because the plot of land currently held by the Galaxy Palace Theater, COP and the old Skyway building is huge.

Not sure if they are still toying with this idea, but I loved it... your thoughts

Wasn't there a rumor not too long ago that said Imagineers were looking to put some sort of attraction on Main Street? Even went so far as to get measurements and whatever else they were notating... Maybe this was being planned from the start.... close timekeeper, move COP there... have the entrance on Main Street, exit out into Tomorrowland... remove the CoP building and skyway building and construct a new ride, Incredibles maybe?? All makes sense to me..

CaptainMichael

TarzanRocked99- said:

That would be nice.

TarzanRocked99-

move it next door

The Timekeeper building is bigger than you think, they put the Buzz lightyear ride in there at both Disneyland and Tokyo, plus there is alot of dead space behind the building. The feasability of this is not to difficult,and I definitely think it would raise COP's attendance as it would be one of the first attractions the guests would come to.

The group of people who were with me that day all loved this idea. It seems like the perfect solution if you ask me.

Please let COP die. Its nothing more then an AA tech demo and most guests hate it. For the greater good Disney needs to replace it with a fun new attraction.

PintoColvig

Original Poster
TarzanRocked99- said:

Definitely one of the most creative solutions I've heard. It provides a legitimate transition and tie in to the new Tomorrowland theme. But I am suspicious about there being enough room. CoP looks way too big.

Speaking of a Main Street attraction, the service area and parking lot to the east of Main Street sure seems like wasted space to me. Has there ever been serious thought to using that area for attraction space?

PintoColvig

Original Poster
Ghostbuster626 said:
Please let COP die. Its nothing more then an AA tech demo and most guests hate it. For the greater good Disney needs to replace it with a fun new attraction.

It sure has lasted a long time (42 years) to be such a hated attraction. :rolleyes:

CaptainMichael

Ghostbuster626 said:
Please let COP die.
No

Ghostbuster626 said:
Its nothing more then an AA tech demo and most guests hate it..
No. I've never seen a guest complain about it. Maybe you're the one who hates it.

Ghostbuster626 said:
For the greater good Disney needs to replace it with a fun new attraction.
No. There are many other things that should be replaced before this even gets considered.

The way I see it, your days here are numbered. You fail to add anything positive to this community. Grow up or leave.

wannab@dis

STR8FAN2005 said:
No

No. I've never seen a guest complain about it. Maybe you're the one who hates it.

No. There are many other things that should be replaced before this even gets considered.

The way I see it, your days here are numbered. You fail to add anything positive to this community. Grow up or leave.
:sohappy:

Thank you. I couldn't have said it any better!

Fine Print: If they decide that CoP should be changed, removed, whatever, I'm not going to complain. But the continual statements that are made around here without taking into account the general public is getting old. Blanket statements such as "most guests hate it" are only showing a lack of knowledge.

lunalovegoddess

For everyone who says that COP does not attract a lot of visitors, I would love to show you the picture we took of the line stretching across to AstroOrbiter in the fall. (Not loaded on my computer though.)
Point is: I'll believe it when I see it. Almost every time I've been on it, the theater is near capacity. I live in Orlando now and have gone on COP during peak times and slow times.
Timekeeper, alas, I have only seen once and that was due to its seasonal operation. I liked it, but I'm not that sad to see it go. Changing with the times, and all...

Captain Chaos

wannab@dis said:
:sohappy:

Thank you. I couldn't have said it any better!

Fine Print: If they decide that CoP should be changed, removed, whatever, I'm not going to complain. But the continual statements that are made around here without taking into account the general public is getting old. Blanket statements such as "most guests hate it" are only showing a lack of knowledge.

I agree with you.... I happen to love CoP, and I know a lot of others who love it... To say most guests hate shows a lack of knowledge or just plain old ignorance. If CoP goes, I won't cry.. But they better replace it with a top notch attraction, considering CoP was one of Walt's originals and a sentimental favorite...

Who wants to start the countdown until Ghostbuster is removed from WDWMAgic's community?

TarzanRocked99-

Walt's Favorite

COP being one of the Few Walt originals left in Florida and the fact that it was one of his favorites was the main reason Alex gave to why it would not be closing anytime soon. (again that was over a year ago) but they seem to be looking for ways to preserve this attraction, not remove it. Plus does it really make sense to keep rehabbing an attraction that is just going to be closed anyway.

You will notice that the refurbishments are not being made to the building itself but to the interior portions of the attraction. All of which can be relocated if they wanted to.

STR8FAN2005 said:

I think your mixing me up with Enderkairi. hey oooooohhhh. j/k

But seriously, I made such topics as "This message board is about to become very interesting" and "Disney please update Star Tours!" so how can you say I dont add anything positive to the community just because I dont conform to your beliefs that WDW should remain a museum. :cry:

DDPGambit

Keeping COP around does not make WDW a museum. It helps make WDW original and magical...it's one of the things in WDW that has Walt's touch to it, and sadly those are far and few between nowadays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom