Timekeeper AND Carousel closing?

imagineer boy

yensidtlaw1969 said:
I'm not asking you to apologise for what you said, just how you said it. You said he is very uncreative. I'm sure there are plenty of Imagineers people might have thought weren't creative before their Imagineering days because no one saw or heard about their ideas for the parks. i feel this is the same situation. He has expressed one idea, and you don't like it. That's fine, but it doesn't mean all his Ideas are bad and that he is uncreative, it just means you don't agree, and that's mopre than acceptable. Saying someone has no creativity is unacceptable in my book, and I not only felt he's be insulted, but I was myself. That was really why I asked you to apologise.

By the way, I looked over hsi posts, and didn't find anything that I would consider "questionable at Best". He sounds like someone who knows some interesting facts that we may not have known or forgot about. I hope you're not questioning these things because he is new, as many people here tend to do.

Am I done? I think so, I'm trying to think, did I have anything else to say/ No, I guess not. Sorry, talking to myself. Guess not. Ok i lub you buh-bye.

Yensid "Benefit of the Doubt" tlaw1969

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: Well said.

wannab@dis

Do my edits meet with your approval?

I didn't realize that it's such a crime to post an opinion on a message board. It's ok to post things as fact when they are questionable at best, but don't ever say you don't like an idea. :rolleyes:

dxwwf3

wannab@dis said:
I didn't realize that it's such a crime to post an opinion on a message board.

I agree. Just remember though that sometimes you come off doing the same thing. ImagineerMMC just said that he would like to see them bring back Horizons in that spot. Just his opinion and heck I share the same opinion. Now if he thinks Disney really should do this, that's a different story (And maybe he does think this and if that is the case, I would agree with your first reply post). There's a difference between wishing something would happen (even if it's completely unrealistic) and thinking Disney SHOULD DO something. :wave:

dxwwf3

wannab@dis said:
I think it was fairly clear that he thinks it SHOULD be brought back. :)

I guess you are right, but that's the thing with typing instead of verbal communication, you never know for sure. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt because of the nature of message boards, but after rereading I see where you're coming from. :)

BTW, I hate to break it to ImagineerMMC, but the theme for the New Tomorrowland is dead. D-E-D Dead (Robin Hood Men in Tights is coming to DVD next month :sohappy: ). AE-Gone, Timekeeper-Gone = New Tomorrowland '94-Dead. Hopefully something constructive will be done to the Timekeeper building.

Mr.EPCOT

I don't really feel like getting into some stupid message board spat, so I'll just ignore the negative comments, for the most part, and just say a couple of things: First, I'd like to thank those voices of reason who came to my defense (unfortunately, there really should be no need for people to defend each other in an environment about such a pleasant topic such as Walt Disney World), and second, all I ask is that everyone show some respect towards each other in the spirit of Disney.

Now, to get back on topic, I just thought it'd be fascinating to have the two attractions right next to each other, if the Carousel of Progress somehow flowed into Horizons. It is very unique in all of theme park history that Disney created it's own attraction franchise, in a way. My thinking behind having Horizons with CoP really just harkens to the idea of having them collected together, like you probably have Raiders of the Lost Ark sitting next to Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom in your DVD collection. I saw Tomorrowland as a possible outlet which, yeah, admittedly, USED TO be The Future That Never Was. (With Stitch's Great Escape, wouldn't that technically take place in the present?) I know Disney would never do this, but I just find it to be an interesting exercise in speculation.

wannab@dis

ImagineerMMC said:
I don't really feel like getting into some stupid message board spat, so I'll just ignore the negative comments, for the most part, and just say a couple of things: First, I'd like to thank those voices of reason who came to my defense (unfortunately, there really should be no need for people to defend each other in an environment about such a pleasant topic such as Walt Disney World), and second, all I ask is that everyone show some respect towards each other in the spirit of Disney.

Now, to get back on topic, I just thought it'd be fascinating to have the two attractions right next to each other, if the Carousel of Progress somehow flowed into Horizons. It is very unique in all of theme park history that Disney created it's own attraction franchise, in a way. My thinking behind having Horizons with CoP really just harkens to the idea of having them collected together, like you probably have Raiders of the Lost Ark sitting next to Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom in your DVD collection. I saw Tomorrowland as a possible outlet which, yeah, admittedly, USED TO be The Future That Never Was. (With Stitch's Great Escape, wouldn't that technically take place in the present?) I know Disney would never do this, but I just find it to be an interesting exercise in speculation.
A message board is a place for discussion and debate. If you don't want someone knocking your idea or debating your posts, then you would be best off not posting.

You've made some interesting posts recently. One is that the wand was built as a temporary structure and had to be taken down because it couldn't last. Several have refuted your claims but you don't respond to them.

Now you are trying to dig out of the hole of rebuilding horizons next to CoP. Why would you EVER think that would be "progress"?

Sorry if you don't like someone not agreeing, but it's a fact of life on a message board.

Have a magical day! :wave:

Mr.EPCOT

A message board is a place for discussion and debate. If you don't want someone knocking your idea or debating your posts, then you would be best off not posting.
You're right, but there is a difference, a fine line between personally attacking one another and a good-natured disagreement in the spirit of the free exchange of ideas and information.

You've made some interesting posts recently. One is that the wand was built as a temporary structure and had to be taken down because it couldn't last. Several have refuted your claims but you don't respond to them.
I did respond to them, eventually. I apologize for my lack of haste.

Now you are trying to dig out of the hole of rebuilding horizons next to CoP. Why would you EVER think that would be "progress"?
I'm not trying to dig out of any hole. I'm perfectly happy with the hole I'm in. :hammer:

Sorry if you don't like someone not agreeing, but it's a fact of life on a message board.

Once again, I don't have a problem with disagreement. In fact, I hope someone disagrees because I enjoy a good debate. And you can make all of the awful assumptions about somebody whom you have only become aware of from about ten message board posts you want, but I don't think it is in good taste to share in this particular topic thread. Now, if you want to make an ImagineerMMC-bashing thread, go right ahead and I'll be the first one there to join in on fun.

I, for one, am tired of all this nonsense, and would rather get back to talking about the prospect of The Timekeeper and Carousel of Progress closing.

wannab@dis

Nobody attacked you and nobody made 'awful assumptions' and nobody is bashing. If you think so, then you've never seen a good bashing on a message board.

The nonsense was started with the suggestion of rebuilding horizons in tomorrowland. :rolleyes:

PintoColvig

Original Poster
Wannab@dis, please give it a rest! This is the 14th post following his original post on Horizons. You've made your point, so let's do as he requests and move on! Jeez! :brick:

wannab@dis

icorsix said:
I just figured out why you've kept beating that dead horse. You were pushing to get 5,000 posts on WDW Magic. Congrats. :hurl:
nope.. It just appears there's a double standard. Give the whiny kids a break, and give others a hard time. :wave:

Post count isn't an issue. If you have a doubt, join and become a Premium Member. :D

ballewclan

wannabe@dis isnt pushing the pedal, he's just responding to everyone.

and i dont think 5000 posts is that big of an issue...so what

lets all be happy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom