Time Keeper to become Monsters Inc. based attraction

brkgnews

STR8FAN2005 said:
Let's be honest here. Does Tomorrowland really have a theme anymore?????
Here are the attractions in Tomorrowland:

*Space Mountain
*Indy Speedway
*Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
*Carousel of Progress
*Stitch's Great Escape
*Astro Orbiter
*Disney Vacation Club Booth

Now I ask again. Is there a cohesive theme in Tomorrolwand??
Just for the sake of argument (ironically, not trying to be argumentative)...

*Space Mountain... Everyday space travel has not yet been achieved.

*Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin... Intergalactic battles have not yet achieved.

*Carousel of Progress... The best progress has not yet been achieved ("Now is the time" version didn't fit)

*Stitch's Great Escape... Discovery of ETs and teleportation has not yet been achieved.

*Astro Orbiter... (See Space Mountain).

*Indy Speedway... (can't defend this one -- maybe if they completely swapped to hybrids)

* DVC Booth... You'll be paying far, far into the future! Kidding, of course. But it's not an attraction anyway.

djronnieb

cough cough cough.... can i get a "B" can i get a "S" what's that spell?? I can't hear you! What's that spell??!?!? B.S.!!!

speck76

nibblesandbits said:
Good point...however, there is a "general" theme of space going on. Sure there are some odd things in the mix...IE Indy Speedway...but otherwise there is a general theme...even Buzz has the overriding space theme to it.

Since when has space = tomorrow.....not in at least 40 years

speck76

brkgnews said:
Just for the sake of argument (ironically, not trying to be argumentative)...

*Space Mountain... Everyday space travel has not yet been achieved.

*Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin... Intergalactic battles have not yet achieved.

*Carousel of Progress... The best progress has not yet been achieved ("Now is the time" version didn't fit)

*Stitch's Great Escape... Discovery of ETs and teleportation has not yet been achieved.

*Astro Orbiter... (See Space Mountain).

*Indy Speedway... (can't defend this one -- maybe if they completely swapped to hybrids)

* DVC Booth... You'll be paying far, far into the future! Kidding, of course. But it's not an attraction anyway.

Monsters getting into closests by and scaring people has not been a achieved

The integrity of the themed lands has never been that great regardless.

Splash Mountain is based on Song of the SOUTH, not Song of the Frontier or Song of the West

The Riverboat narration relates to Tom Sawyer, yet docks in LIBERTY SQUARE

The only attraction that ever was truely futurisic in Tomorrowland was Mission to Mars, and boy was it fun:rolleyes:

I have never understood why it's a small world is in FANTASYLAND

yensidtlaw1969

speck76 said:
I have never understood why it's a small world is in FANTASYLAND
That's a goo point, it's like we're saying "world peace and unity is a great Idea, but it's too Fanciful to become a reality. Pssht, Great message we're sending home to the kids.:wave: :p .

Yensid "it's-a-world-of-laughter-a-world-of-tears-.-.-." tlaw1969

dxwwf3

speck76 said:
The only attraction that ever was truely futurisic in Tomorrowland was Mission to Mars, and boy was it fun:rolleyes:

Do you mean the original Tomorrowland only?

If not, I think you could make a strong case for Alien Encounter and Timekeeper.

DDuckFan130

dxwwf3 said:

If not, I think you could make a strong case for Alien Encounter and Timekeeper.
He said "ever" so he means there was never anything futuristic :lol:

Someone will have to explain how TK was futuristic because I wasn't familiar with it. As far as AE is concerned...we just replaced an ugly alien with a cute one. But the alien theme is still there and neither deal with the future or tomorrow :lol:

Just my 2 cents :lookaroun

dxwwf3

DDuckFan130 said:
Someone will have to explain how TK was futuristic because I wasn't familiar with it. As far as AE is concerned...we just replaced an ugly alien with a cute one. But the alien theme is still there and neither deal with the future or tomorrow :lol:

Just my 2 cents :lookaroun

Well time travel (Timekeeper) and teleportation (AE) were what I was talking about. Those are futuristic themes, I guess.

DDuckFan130 said:
As far as AE is concerned...we just replaced an ugly alien with a cute one.

Yep that was all they did :lol:

MKCP 1985

Timekeeper was futuristic in that it involved a time machine, something not yet invented. Plus, its MC was a highly evolved robot and nine eye was something I haven't figured out, but definitely futuristic.

Space Mountain involves commuter travel from the moon to earth, so that's a bit tomorrow-istic, too.

Astro-jets, Stitch, Buzz - I have no problem viewing Tomorrowland as tomorrow-istic. Sonny Eclipse - since when do we have alien lounge lizards at our local Hilton bars?

Give me a mulligan for the speedway, though.

DDuckFan130

dxwwf3 said:
Well time travel (Timekeeper) and teleportation (AE) were what I was talking about. Those are futuristic themes, I guess.

Yep that was all they did :lol:
Oh ok I see what you're saying. Whoops totally forgot about the teleportation thing because I was just thinking of Tyra Banks and the ugly alien :lookaroun

dxwwf3

MKCP 1985 said:
Timekeeper was futuristic in that it involved a time machine, something not yet invented. Plus, its MC was a highly evolved robot and nine eye was something I haven't figured out, but definitely futuristic.

Space Mountain involves commuter travel from the moon to earth, so that's a bit tomorrow-istic, too.

Astro-jets, Stitch, Buzz - I have no problem viewing Tomorrowland as tomorrow-istic. Sonny Eclipse - since when do we have alien lounge lizards at our local Hilton bars?

Give me a mulligan for the speedway, though.

I agree. Especially with the Timekeeper assessment. That's what I ment to say, but you said it much better :lol:

dxwwf3

DDuckFan130 said:
Oh ok I see what you're saying. Whoops totally forgot about the teleportation thing because I was just thinking of Tyra Banks and the ugly alien :lookaroun

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's ok. We're on the same page now. But I hope that isn't all that you think AE's storyline was ;)

MickeyTigg

The concept of the rumor is believable....I'm just have a problem with the whole "my sister's handler saw some layout by an imagineer" thing. To me, how the information was obtained is not believable.

I wouldn't mind seeing this happen....I'm just not sure I buy it right now.

MKCP 1985

dxwwf3 said:
I agree. Especially with the Timekeeper assessment. That's what I ment to say, but you said it much better :lol:
No, you said it fine. We were typing at the same time I just took longer to hit [enter] :lol: If I'd seen your response I'd have never replied at all.

Poor Timekeeper. Best Circlevision attraction ever. Curse the lean posts, I guess.

dxwwf3

MKCP 1985 said:
No, you said it fine. We were typing at the same time I just took longer to hit [enter] :lol: If I'd seen your response I'd have never replied at all.

Don't ever keep from replying when you can improve upon a post :)

MKCP 1985 said:
Poor Timekeeper. Best Circlevision attraction ever. Curse the lean posts, I guess.

Amen. Maybe the rumors will come true and it will open sometime before the 20th for one last run and I'll get to say goodbye.....again.

Lynx04

STR8FAN2005 said:
Let's be honest here. Does Tomorrowland really have a theme anymore?????
Here are the attractions in Tomorrowland:

*Space Mountain
*Indy Speedway
*Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
*Carousel of Progress
*Stitch's Great Escape
*Astro Orbiter
*Disney Vacation Club Booth

Now I ask again. Is there a cohesive theme in Tomorrolwand??

Yes it is PixarLand!!! Between this rumor and the "Little Green Men" rumor, I guess that is what it could be concidered

speck76

dxwwf3 said:

I would call those "Fantasy attractions based on science fiction"

If you look at the original plans for the original Tomorrowland at DL, or even the Original (or at least pre-space MT) at WDW the attractions were never to be so fictional.....they were more Epcot than XS

GenerationX

WDWBro said:
I don't think it's Tomorrowland that doesn't have a theme, it's the attractions. That may sound weird, but with the decor, shops, and restaurants, they try to kind of keep that spacey-future theme.
Similarly to this statement, I understand Tomorrowland to have a "retro-future" theme. In other words, how people 100 years ago envisioned the future to be. The architecture and music help create this distinctive atmosphere, and what ties it all together for me is the TTA.

Monsters, Inc. lends itself better to Fantasyland than Tomorrowland, but the attraction could be made to fit the Tomorrowland theme better than some current attractions do (Indy Speedway, CoP).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom