Time Keeper to become Monsters Inc. based attraction

prberk

disneylands said:
i'll give it one thumb up only because I wish it were a ride, but hey wacha gona do?

Well, remember that they almost always seem to use the existing interior design of the Tomorrowland buildings when they replace the rides. [Alien Encounter used the same round theatres that were used in "Mission to Mars," and "Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin" uses pretty much the same track layout and system that was used for "If You Had Wings" and "DreamFlight" in that space.]

So, I would imagine that it would be a walk-through and standing type of show using the same Circle-Vision theatre and queues, if not even Circle-Vision itself, just like TimeKeeper (itself not really a ride but a show).

Paul

CaliSurfer182

Lynx04 said:
Yes it is PixarLand!!!

I can see this happening..........I mean basically it has....you just have to add a Pixar character to Space Mountain....retheme the indy speedway to cars.....and then you would be set.....except for Stitch's Great Escape of course. I can't see getting around that or retheming it again after they just spent all that money on it. I don't know maybe they can reposition the Tomorrowland/Fantasyland jurisdictional line. I sure hope not though.

DisneyWales

Timekeeper

Well i hope this is not true, Monster inc in TL NO NO NO. I think TL's theme is fine, whats there works stich is an alien so it kinda fits in. The only ride that doesn't fit in is Indy Speedway. I hope WDI doesn't start building Pixar related ride everywhere, with TLS, Tarzan, and UOE supposed to be going Pixar this would just be another invasion of Pixar in WDW.

I like Pixar, but not as much as i love the TRUE Disney Characters, and they seem to be moving further and further out of Disney's eyes.

I do not doubt that WDI could do something cool, its rare they mess up, but i just don't want to visit Pixar World in a few years time.....

yea I would be fine with a Monsters Inc. ride at MGM Studios. That place needs rides and its a movie so it makes perfect sense. All movie tie-ins should go to MGM.

goofyfan13

CaliSurfer182 said:
I can see this happening..........I mean basically it has....you just have to add a Pixar character to Space Mountain....retheme the indy speedway to cars.....and then you would be set.....except for Stitch's Great Escape of course. I can't see getting around that or retheming it again after they just spent all that money on it. I don't know maybe they can reposition the Tomorrowland/Fantasyland jurisdictional line. I sure hope not though.

You forgot a retheme of the TTA to the Incredibles...:brick:

dxwwf3

Ghostbuster626 said:
All movie tie-ins should go to MGM.

I don't know about that. I get as tired as anyone of character exploitations in the parks (Especially the MK), I don't think the other 3 parks should be exempt from movie tie-ins. When done well, they can be beneficial. Look at the AK, for example. 2 great attractions have movie tie-ins, but neither one of them beat the characters over the head. Disney could have easily made It's Tough To Be A Bug totally about Flick and barely had any other characters in it or they could have had Aladar plastered all over Dinosaur. I think moderation is key. And a quality attraction doesn't hurt either :lol:

I do have to say that when i first saw this thread and didnt read it, I thought that it was going to be like a ride in California... I'm glad i'm wrong. We dont need another fantasy land car like ride. I would like to see some sort of "hanging" coaster go into that area. I know it probably doesnt have the space but i would think it would be a hit! I think i saw some talk about this before, I might be wrong.

Just think about it, The cars would be the doors and they would be "trying to escape Randle" or something like that(that doesnt matter). Now your probably thinking how the heck would this fit into "Tomarrowland" here's the whole thing... You go through a.. wait wait! even better. You would be in a regular coaster car and you go through a door to "another world" which would be the tomarrowland part(kind of like a time machine). Anyway it's a making in the process People!!!:sohappy: i like it, but i guess ANOTHER theater based attraction would be fine.. but wouldnt that be better at MGM?? With all the other theater based ride.

imagineer boy

Ghostbuster626 said:
the only problem is..The Timekeeper is not being replaced with a Monsters Inc. ride...Its being replaced with a Buzz Lightyear companion ride.

Well, its not confirmed yet. But if they do... Ugh! I'm gonna be mad.

speck76

imagineer boy said:
Umm... nothing? What else can you do?
since getting mad will not get you anything....don't do it.....at least you can use that energy for something that will get you something.

imagineer boy said:
Well, its not confirmed yet. But if they do... Ugh! I'm gonna be mad.

I'll be mad too because its a movie tie-in but at least its not AS bad as a Monsters inc. ride because that just wouldnt make any sense at all. At least this has an alien connection so it kinda fits the sci-fi theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom