Time for MK to get a new nighttime parade?

EPCOT Explorer

It could use plussing and updating, but I would be sad if the music and the theme went away. It's become a favorite.

Now then...if they were to welcome Main Street Electrical Parade (maaayybe Dreamlights!?) back, I would be all for it.:cool:

Pioneer Hall

I think the parade is pretty good the way it is. It could use a few updates, perhaps from more recent things...but I don't mind the classic Disney that it has (because the next step would probably be the Pixar Light Parade)

Animaniac93-98

Spectro needs a ton of updating, but I love the music.

Same. People who think the technology in Spectro is fine as is need to see videos or pics of Dreamlights or even Fantalusion. If they updated the existing floats with the technology from those parades it would be great (and bringing back Roger Rabbit and the Spectromen's masks would't hurt either).

mharrington

Original Poster
It could use plussing and updating, but I would be sad if the music and the theme went away. It's become a favorite.

Now then...if they were to welcome Main Street Electrical Parade (maaayybe Dreamlights!?) back, I would be all for it.:cool:

This is just my opinion, mind you, but I don't think SpectroMagic's "On This Magic Night" could ever take the place of the Electrical Parade's "Baroque Hoedown". That one is just too classic.

krankenstein

This is just my opinion, mind you, but I don't think SpectroMagic's "On This Magic Night" could ever take the place of the Electrical Parade's "Baroque Hoedown". That one is just too classic.

I think it is all about what you grew up with. While MSEP ran some during my childhood, WDW mostly ran Spectro. I have a huge attachment to "On This Magic Night" that I don't have to "Baroque Hoedown" because I remember sitting on MS and being blasted by dry ice when Spectro came by. I remember Mickey starting the parade. It was/is an important part of my childhood that MSEP really wasn't. :shrug:

Animaniac93-98

I think it is all about what you grew up with. While MSEP ran some during my childhood, WDW mostly ran Spectro. I have a huge attachment to "On This Magic Night" that I don't have to "Baroque Hoedown" because I remember sitting on MS and being blasted by dry ice when Spectro came by. I remember Mickey starting the parade. It was/is an important part of my childhood that MSEP really wasn't. :shrug:

Exactly, it's a generational thing. MSEP to me is fun, but it's still a hookey 70s Christmas lights show (and the water pageant even more so).

I much prefer the music and everything Spectro, partially because of how I've seen Spectro more then MSEP.

The Elliot float in MSEP would be nice to have in Spectro.

I love SpectroMagic but am one of those sentimental people. And it's one of the few parades I can actually get my family to stop and watch with me. I'm sure the other parades are much more technologically advanced, but the nostalgia for Spectro couldn't be replaced IMO. And I also love the Electrical Water Pageant as a previous poster mentioned.

Ilovewishes

No way! Spectro is the only parade that gives me goosebumps! I love the music so much, I have the CD and it never fails to cheer up a dreary Bristish day!

It could do with updating, but I love the classical element of it. I love the fact that it is the "older" characters and I just love Jiminy! In fact, it was Spectro that sparked my love of him!:kiss:

And I have very fond memories of it as a child and of going back to see it with my family as adults a few years ago and us all sitting on the floor with huge smiles on our faces as it came round.:D

I've heard the music to the Electrical Parade but never seen the actual parade, and I definately prefer the Spectro music, but that's just my opinion!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom