Tigger Was Provoked...here's how:

DisneyAlumnus

Original Poster
As a former-Tigger, I can tell you...

After seeing the video several times, I can see that the "kid" was actually pulling on Tigger's upper-back. There are only two things there: A zipper, and Neck-cowel.

The first, well, we know why Tigger would want to protect that.

The second, if pulled, severely chokes the performer.

Furthermore, Tigger's hand came up as a reaction, unknowingly, he "brushes" the kids face -not punching him as the accusations imply. I know the sight-lines in that costume, there is no way Tigger was aiming for the kid, it was a reaction only.

That's the news. Good luck, Tigger!!!

wdwCC

Eeyore once rubbed my stomach!! I am going to sue! :lol: Give me a break. It's stuff like this idiot that make park ticket prices go up. Next time Tigger, deck the kid.

WDWFREAK53

Next time Tigger, deck the kid.

LMAO!!!

After hearing this...I soooo would pay to see Goofy cold-clock someone over the railing :lol:

Seriously, that would be some funny stuff.

(Actually, it would be even funnier if it was someone like Little Bo Peep :lol: )

pacochran

From the clips i've seen what you say makes perfect sense. And if I had someone choking me, even though they didn't know it I would try to push them away. Some people :brick:

Snapper Bean

It's completely possible that everyone was innocent here. Its possible the kid just grabbed the costume to pose for the picture not knowing that he was harming the character and that the character did what he did merely to defend himself. However, the family has acted very, very badly since the incident in my opinion by running to the press before Disney could even conduct an investigation.

MickeyTigg

As a former-Tigger, I can tell you...

After seeing the video several times, I can see that the "kid" was actually pulling on Tigger's upper-back. There are only two things there: A zipper, and Neck-cowel.

The first, well, we know why Tigger would want to protect that.

The second, if pulled, severely chokes the performer.

Furthermore, Tigger's hand came up as a reaction, unknowingly, he "brushes" the kids face -not punching him as the accusations imply. I know the sight-lines in that costume, there is no way Tigger was aiming for the kid, it was a reaction only.

That's the news. Good luck, Tigger!!!

You guys are missing the point in what's going to happen here....yes, it's likely that the CM was provoked or responded in "self defense". But it does not matter...the CM is toast.

Disney has done it before and will do it again.

Tramp

It's completely possible that everyone was innocent here. Its possible the kid just grabbed the costume to pose for the picture not knowing that he was harming the character and that the character did what he did merely to defend himself. However, the family has acted very, very badly since the incident in my opinion by running to the press before Disney could even conduct an investigation.

Up until now, I nearly forgot about this:

Several years ago, while dining at the Liberty Tree Tavern, Goofy tried to high-five me and missed my hand. In doing so, he slapped my wife in the side of the head....not hard...but certainly harder than Tigger slapped that kid. My wife just laughed it off and I announced to everyone that Goofy managed to do something that I wanted to do for 25 years....:lol: (You had to be there to appreciate it)

Goofy was very apologetic. A CM later came out to say how sorry he was for the incident and offered us our meal at no charge. We accepted with the provision that the CM would not be blamed for the incident in any way since it was a total accident. We are sure that was Goofy.

(This event was so innocuous that my wife just reminded me of it)

MickeyTigg

Goofy was very apologetic. A CM later came out to say how sorry he was for the incident and offered us our meal at no charge. We accepted with the provision that the CM would not be blamed for the incident in any way since it was a total accident. We are sure that was Goofy.

Good for you.

:rolleyes: *sighs* I leave disney to go back home and this happens? Goodness, everything good happens when I leave.

Anyhow, that kid is a grade a you know what and I'm very angry that tigger got suspended. Sheesh!! While at CC I'd always see little kids pull and grab on Mickeys ears. Mickeys response: He'd move away, put his hand out or just shake his head. All while the father does nothing!!

Judging from the video, this teen wanted to do more to tigger then just give him a hug. =/ And stupid anchor lady!! Tigger doesn't need to applogize!

I hope that kid is happy that he might have caused tiggers job. Stories like these make me sick to my stomach.

SpongeScott

You guys are missing the point in what's going to happen here....yes, it's likely that the CM was provoked or responded in "self defense". But it does not matter...the CM is toast.

Disney has done it before and will do it again.
Ray, has he been fired yet? Other than precedent, how do you know for sure that his job is over?

Liquid Figment

This sorta media sensationalization is what really gets me steamed, "Tigger Punches Guest", etc etc.

I just finished watching the interview on Good Morning America or some morning show with the father, the child that was struck, and their lawyer. I would be disgraced to even know these people. The father went on saying he had to take his son to the hospital, the son (who could not even look at the camera) saying he was still sore. I could see the dollar signs in the eyes of the father and can only imagine the "encouragement" he gave his son to say he was still sore. I feel bad for all three of the children of that man, they have quite a role model to look up to. :(

It did appear as though maybe Tigger was falling back and trying to get his balance, but then after someone mentioned the zipper on the back of the costume that makes even more sense and the CM did armlock the kid as if to stop him from whatever the kid was doing. I just don't see someone, a CM for that matter, just deciding to slap a kid for no reason. I would line up to slap the father after seeing the interview though.

Liquid

Erika

Up until now, I nearly forgot about this:

Several years ago, while dining at the Liberty Tree Tavern, Goofy tried to high-five me and missed my hand. In doing so, he slapped my wife in the side of the head....not hard...but certainly harder than Tigger slapped that kid. My wife just laughed it off and I announced to everyone that Goofy managed to do something that I wanted to do for 25 years....:lol: (You had to be there to appreciate it)

:lol: Reminds me of the story of the flying off the Priest's aspergill and clobbering my CCD teacher's husband right between the eyes :lol:

Glad your wife was not hurt, and that Goofy, hopefully, did not get into trouble. What a great vacation memory :lol:

imamouse

I agree that it looked like a total accident. I also think that the teen appeared to be a little "off". Perhaps he lost his balance and grabbed onto Tigger thus choking or causing other concern that would make Tigger try to get loose? What an unnecessary mess!

MainSt1993

And it appears that Tigger goes into scolding mode at the end of the video, right where it cuts off. I think if we were allowed to see more of the tape, a much clearer picture would present itself. That family should be ashamed of themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom