Tigger Punches Guest??

Plutoboy

Sorry gang but I haven't read through all (44 pages) but I was wondering if anyone knows if the family is suing?? I heard on a radio station here in Orlando that they are and that they're asking for $5 million...later I heard that the law suit was dropped and all they want is an apology from the CM. I believe that they definitely have an attorney!!

The radio stations here in Orlando are having a field day with this and one has gone as far as to give the home phone number of the family out over the air encouraging people to call and pick on the idiots.

Plutoboy

:mad: Watch what you say about Universal! Im a WDW lover but Universal is also a great place, I like it better than Disney. Why? Because Disney is ruining their parks with pixar garbage and Universal still has a lot of the classics like Earthquake, Jaws, Back to the Future, Horror Make up show. and IOA is an amazing park.

Things happen at theme parks The CM was having a bad day, or maybee he was being playfull The family over-reacted. Correct me if Im wrong but this isnt the first time tigger has been in trouble.
Nope this isn't the first time Tigger has been in trouble...another incident a few years ago where he was accused of groping a teenage girl and her mother but the CM was found innocent by a jury when the case went to court.

Sorry and not to be partial but Universal is not what they used to be...atleast not here in Orlando. Some of the attractions are starting to show their age and when was the last time they came out with a "major" attraction?? Oh and by the way Back to the Future is gone or atleast operating at only 1/2.

cmatt

I respectfully disagree. I studied punk culture in a class on subcultures. This kid has followed enough trends to constitiute him as a punk. There is nothing wrong with calling him that. It's obvious to me that this is what his clothes and accessories connote.

totally off topic - but that kid AINT punk, just because 'you studied it' doesnt mean your right. I suppose i could go study goths, and just because someone wears black and has black hair he is suddenly goth :rolleyes: *for the record im said description and im about as goth as i am a clean shaven preppy student [of which im not]*

I would argue that he is infact a scene kiddie.... ones that listen to commercial emo/rock/insert lastest music genre thats being run through the mud this month. I hate the term pop punk as blink 182, greenday, or otherwise are NOT punk, they are samey pop drivel that has no spirit of proper punk (punking being the ______ pistols, rancid, dropkick murpheys).

Just because his pants are slightly baggy and he is wearing a black sleeveless tshirt doesnt make him punk at all :lol: it makes him a clone of his peers, and no doubt he has alot of mates that dress the same (cloning once again). Well now he is obviouslly getting ridiculled - as quite frankly at that age id NEVER profess to getting dry slapped by a guy dressed up as tigger, nor would i claim it hurt 10 hours later :lol:.

You cant put someone into a subculture as you call it - without actually know what they are about. I probably know as much as you do, and i actually LISTEN and actively go to punk gigs (amen being a FINE example of the forerunners of modern punk this era :sohappy: ) and also listen and engross myself in the actual music (l and also metal, industrial, goth, doom metal, thrash, grind... [list goes on]) But im not a punk either, as its not about what you look like its what you stand for, and what you are as a person.... he is just wearing what he perceives to be slightly rebellious to his parents and also so he fits in with the rest of the scene kiddies he hangs out with.

Man your post made for light reading.....

He is just a normal, whiney submissive teen who is scared of his father, enough so that he lied in order to not get blamed for ruining a holiday in wdw.

Sorry for going off topic - but i had to correct one of the most moronic posts in this whole entire thread (and to be honest there is alot :rolleyes: )

(and id NEVER thought id agree with the mom :lookaroun )

WDWnUt0001

What is wrong with people are they so hard up for cash that they would pull something like this. You can even hear the father telling his son to "back off of Tigger". So after this happened and they got back to there hotel room did they pull this bs out of there ______? Im just sick with all the crap that has been going on like at universal and the cruise line. In my opinion there are just somethings you dont mess with.

Scar Junior

I would argue that he is infact a scene kiddie.... ones that listen to commercial emo/rock/insert lastest music genre thats being run through the mud this month. I hate the term pop punk as blink 182, greenday, or otherwise are NOT punk, they are samey pop drivel that has no spirit of proper punk (punking being the ______ pistols, rancid, dropkick murpheys).

I see where you are coming from... but as the dominant culture does with all subcultures, it has devoured the punk culture and turned it into the Blink 182 current form of punk. It is the evolution of the subculture. The dominant culture consumes signs - such as clothing, hair styles and slang - and sells it at Walmart.

Yes, it did start with guitar smashing in England, but now it roams the mean streets of New Hampshire suburbs. Same thing as what the dominant culture has been doing to the Hip Hop culture since the late 80s.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
There is a difference between Punk and punk... This teen is the latter.

[one is a counter-culture, the other is a low-life]

The Mom

Premium Member
Apparently, suggestions are being ignored.

So, for the LAST time, I want the name calling to STOP. And I'm not refering to calling the guest a punk (I agree, lower case p) but to calling other posts moronic, idiotic, etc.

For the record, I have an almost 14 year old son, and although I would be surprised if he pulled the same stunt, I would NOT be surprised if he "lied" about it afterward. Apparently that father does not understand how a young teenager's mind works. :lol: Intention is everything at that age. If you INTEND to do something it's the same as actually doing it, thus

"Did you finish your homework?"
"Yes." (except for that one sheet of math, but I can do that on the bus/in home room) Then something happens, and it doesn't get finished. But he really doesn't consider it lying, because he INTENDED to do it. :lol:

In this case

"What did you do?"
"I didn't do anything!" (at least nothing I thought was going to cause this much trouble. My INTENTION was only to goof around with Tigger a little.)

Now the boy, thanks to his father's actions, is in a situation where he can't tell the "truth" because it's gone too far. Unless his father is an exceptional person, even if he fesses up, his father will not make it public due to HIS embarrassment.

I don't feel sympathy for them, but I also do not want them made fun of just because of the way they talk or dress. For their reactions to such a minor event? Yes!

hrmom26

just too put my two cents in i think it was just a scene that got out of control. every kid does something stupid once in a while its part of childhood. the parent how ever should no better. i think he is getting caught up in all the media attention. but watching the tape you can tell the kid was pulling on the tigger head. but isn't there usually a "handler " with the tigger to avoid this kind of thing?

metscool

I would have never thought that this thread would be this long in this many days. I only have one questions, is this on youtube yet?

goofntink

Figure everyone would want to know this. Our Orlando news station WFTV Channel 9 has a web poll asking if you feel that Tigger's actions in the video justify the family's claim of assault. Guess what folks 96%,or 2,374 people said NO! 4% or 96 people said yes. Go Tigger!:sohappy: :D . Here is the link to it ,please check it out and vote for support of Tigger CM. http://www.wftv.com/9wantstoknow/index.html

cmatt

I see where you are coming from... but as the dominant culture does with all subcultures, it has devoured the punk culture and turned it into the Blink 182 current form of punk. It is the evolution of the subculture. The dominant culture consumes signs - such as clothing, hair styles and slang - and sells it at Walmart.

Yes, it did start with guitar smashing in England, but now it roams the mean streets of New Hampshire suburbs. Same thing as what the dominant culture has been doing to the Hip Hop culture since the late 80s.

er not quite - alot of actual punks that do still roam free in the willd would be extremely insulted that you are insuating that this mere child who doesnt know who to follow or what to believe in, (and lie in the same vein as to get out of trouble) a punk, surely if he was 'punk' he would stand up and say yes i did it, and so what?

As i said before, you cant label anyone unless you actually understand what your labelling them as. Bands like blink 182 were pop punk (not to mention been and gone) but that by no lengths of the imagination meant that their followers (yes - i liked them.... :lookaroun ) were instantaniously punk.

Now if you said emo/scene kiddie id shutup :lol: - but if you are interested in learning something check out urban dictionary to start with as this is what im trying to say:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=punk

i WILL shutup now about it cos ill no doubt get moaned at if i keep going on and on about it - but inrich yourself with the music, plus also ignore text book, and what your studies have taught you so far!

You will find that hardly any pubescent teen will actually know of the ramones,misfits.... if they have its because mtv has suddenly decided to do a restrospective on them.

Because of you sir, ive revived my passion for amen! Cheers fella! *buys ticket and puts album on full blast*

Wbnemo1

Oldies but goodies...how many ya know.....The Cure, Souxie and the Banshees, <The Creatures, Dead Milkman, Violent femmes, Dead Kennedys, PIL, ______ Pistols, Blondie, The Smiths, Plasmatics, Clash, Circle Jerks,S.O.D. , The Damned...and others Surprise...lol, I'm not just a Jungle Skipper! Use to go to Smash records and the 9:30 Club all the time.in Georgetown.:D
Will ............ aka BABS

CelticRose

Figure everyone would want to know this. Our Orlando news station WFTV Channel 9 has a web poll asking if you feel that Tigger's actions in the video justify the family's claim of assault. Guess what folks 96%,or 2,374 people said NO! 4% or 96 people said yes. Go Tigger!:sohappy: :D . Here is the link to it ,please check it out and vote for support of Tigger CM. http://www.wftv.com/9wantstoknow/index.html

How many times can I vote?????:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom