Tigger Punches Guest??

rlaeromech

Moooooommmmm, your embarrasing me!

Just kiddin mom, I agree with you.

I will be there Saturday, I'll see Tigger and get his side for everyone.

PigletIsMyCat

Not that I support the name calling, but there were two options that could have been taken. If this is a true case, and they wanted to build the strongest case possible, they would have gone to a lawyer and not let things leak like the dad first thinking that the kid did something wrong. By going to the MEDIA first, they clearly wanted to be in the limelight to force Disney into some kind of payoff. If it was just concern for the family that they were interested this WOULD have been waged in a much better way. Not the public arena. This was all very calculated with the $$$ bottom line in mind. Any incriminating statements that the family could be using could come back to haunt them. That's never good.

This is a very convincing point. If this is a true case with a true injury, the first thing they should have done was NOT deny medical attention when it was given to them. (I'm making that statement based on the father's statement that management had apologized to him - if they had seen a Disney CM about this incident, first aid would have been offered to them at least three times) I agree with Jimbo's point of going to the media first, before contacting anyone else.

The sad part about this all is that Disney will have a hard time proving that any neck injury is or is not valid. Soft tissue damage in the neck is hard to pinpoint, even after MRI's, etc, without actual disc damage.

PigletIsMyCat

Here are some more facts courtesy WESH.....
  • The family is going to seek money damages
  • Tigger is claiming that the kid "grabbed the back of his costume, cutting off the air to him......." (eat that all those who say the CM can't/won't talk out)
  • The union is claiming an accidental hit (ie, Tigger couldn't see he was going to hit the kid)
  • The family is bringing in a witness that will provide a different take on the cause for the hit
If they find the CM is right, a simple apology is in order for the accidental hit and move on. If the guest is right, then some sort of punishment and an apology is in order.

Another WESH update will be available in an hour.

http://www.wesh.com/news/10689788/detail.html

(and btw, if anyone wants a good laugh, go to that page and view their "raw video". They have the entire thing in slow motion, sound and all)

As far as telling all of us to 'eat that' because we stated that a CM cannot speak out because of contractual obligations, please note that the CM's statement was given directly to OCPD NOT THE MEDIA and the media is running it off of OCPD documents.

And, of course the family is seeking cash for 'damages'. Why else hire a lawyer? Also, the union has every right to claim it was an accidental contact. The area that the CM has to look out of Tigger's costumed head is quite limiting. Most costumed characters cannot see directly in front of them (ie: a child asking for an autograph), peripherally, or down at all, which is why it's so important to approach a character from the front and not the side or from behind. It's quite possible that Tigger didn't realize the teen was next to him.

I really feel that you've been quite argumentative with all of the other members, and even now when you have facts, you feel the need to deliver them in a way that is belittling. Just putting my thoughts out there.

mdisney

i think askmike1 should eat his words since there is now proof they want money. i hope when its proven the kid was pulling on Tigger he gets locked up in Orlando while his family is back in NH

bayoutinkbelle

As far as telling all of us to 'eat that' because we stated that a CM cannot speak out because of contractual obligations, please note that the CM's statement was given directly to OCPD NOT THE MEDIA and the media is running it off of OCPD documents.

There's a big difference between a police report and agreeing to an interview with a news organization (if what Piglet is saying is indeed true. No reflection on Piglet, but I just haven't clicked the link to see for myself.). The report is public record and is available to anyone -- news media or Joe Citizen -- who requests it.

wdwforus

My wife and I both just watched this several times over and think that the kid was doing something to the back of Tiggers costume and when Tigger reached back to stop what was happening his paw hit the kid in the face. I dont think it was intentional. I dont think they lost balance, I think the kid is trying to keep his hand up there and Tigger is reacting, why else would the kids arm stay up there? The way that Tigger puts his right arm over the kids left arm, it doesnt look like normal reaction from the kid, it looks like he is still trying to reach up around his neck, not trying to pull his arm away. I am not defending Tigger but, if his air was cut off as he says then a similar reaction is just human nature, not CM nature. Its an unfortunate incident. I was wondering though where Tiggers "friend" was during this? I would think they would have been a little closer to assist Tigger in case of a situation arising. A lot of comments have been made about the kids apearence, his clothes and look on his face and it is a little bit stereotypical but the kid does have a look on his face that most parents have experienced, the kid is up to something. The father says something about the kid doing something to Tigger on the video, but never really defends the kid as being the type who wouldnt do something like what Tigger claimed, he actually questions whether or not his kid is up to something. Which to me says this kid has probably been a punk in the past, just like alot of teenagers who are trying to push the envelope. Unfortunately this kid probably just cost this guy his job. I can not believe this guy would just do this to this kid for no reason what so ever.

PigletIsMyCat

There's a big difference between a police report and agreeing to an interview with a news organization (if what Piglet is saying is indeed true. No reflection on Piglet, but I just haven't clicked the link to see for myself.). The report is public record and is available to anyone -- news media or Joe Citizen -- who requests it.

According to a news item on either MSNBC or WESH earlier today. They stated that the cast member's statement was ACCORDING TO POLICE. Meaning, the CM's statement was given to police, not the media.

Timmay

Here are some more facts courtesy WESH
It is on a local news channel, hence it must be a fact??:eek:

[*]The family is going to seek money damages
I am shocked I tell you, simply shocked!

[*][*]Tigger is claiming that the kid "grabbed the back of his costume, cutting off the air to him......." (eat that all those who say the CM can't/won't talk out)
Careful, your subjectivity is starting to show.

[*]If they find the CM is right, a simple apology is in order for the accidental hit and move on.
Wow, the poor CM was choked and he still has to make an apology? :rolleyes:

bayoutinkbelle

According to a news item on either MSNBC or WESH earlier today. They stated that the cast member's statement was ACCORDING TO POLICE. Meaning, the CM's statement was given to police, not the media.

That would be the case, then. Thanks for clearing that up. I've written that phrase more times than I care to remember. :D

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
hmmm, i give this thread a page or 2 more then it will get locked.

watch it guys. unless you want it locked.

lets just wait and see. meanwhile, play nice

GothMickey

I am not shocked that these "people" and I use that term losely to describe them, are seeking monetary gains. Wasn't ASKMIKE1 the one person on here who said the family DOES NOT want money? Who has cake on their face now Mike?

Dean[AU]

Ok I'm on Tiggers Side-

Firstly; If the kid was going for the "side hug" his hand should be on the other side of tigger - It appears that his hand is around the center of tiggers back, where (at my work anyway) the head strap attaches to the body brace. The dude was up to no good- and the dad is a attention w word.

This made it into a Local Sydney free commuter newspaper last night (Mon 8th) :)

askmike1

i think askmike1 should eat his words since there is now proof they want money.
What words should I be eating up? This whole thread I have stuck to the facts as close as possible. And until now there was no evidence that they were seeking money. Now there is. My opinion hasn't changed and I have said nothing worthy of eating.

Point is, if they are allowed to talk to the police department (and not just in court under oath like someone said earlier), I'd be willing to bet Disney wouldn't ban the guy from apologizing.

... and even now when you have facts, you feel the need to deliver them in a way that is belittling.
I bolded the word 'claim' because while it is a fact that they are claiming it, it is not necessarily true. They might be right or wrong. I would say the same thing that "The family is claiming that Tigger hit the kid."

It is on a local news channel, hence it must be a fact??:eek:
No, but the fact that the union rep said it (and on the other side of the issue, quoting the lawyer) does make those items 'facts'. Not necessarily truths, but facts.

Wow, the poor CM was choked and he still has to make an apology? :rolleyes:
Yes, if you hit someone, on purpose or by accident, you say you're sorry....that is simple manners and courtesy (2 qualities of all cast members). Consequently, if 'Tigger' is found innocent, the guests should apologize to him for blowing this up.

Wasn't ASKMIKE1 the one person on here who said the family DOES NOT want money?
Again, up until now there was no sign whatsoever they wanted money. Now there is. I have no cake in my face.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom