Tigger Punches Guest??

askmike1

What really puzzles me is why did the Dad, who supposedly is SO concerned, wait until the news media arrived before he asked his son: "How hard did he hit you?"
And I suppose you followed him all day? I know that if he is anything like my parents, he is likely going to ask the same question over and over.

If this kid was generally well behaved (like you hope most kids would be), do you really think a parent's first reaction would be to be "upset" with their son?
In a place where you wouldn't expect the CMs to do something like that, yes I do. I mean lets be honest, no one is an angel all the time. People do stupid things. CMs however are held to a higher standard than other park guests. They are expected to always be nice, courteous, etc. So yes, I think whether or not Tigger did anything on purpose, initial instinct would blame the guest.

Sounds like someones trying to get his hand in the Disney money jar.
Again, I challenge anyone to find any evidence that the man or his son wanted money. There is NO evidence to that matter. The only evidence shows that the man and his son just want an apology from the CM, nothing else.

So did they not go straight to Guest Relations after the incident occured???
I don't know. Based on what the man said (about all the managers, etc apologizing), it would appear that he might have gone there (or had a manager brought to the area). I don't see any evidence saying he didn't go there.

And if you watch carefully before the video cuts out, you can see Tigger shake the kid's hand and pat his shoulder.
Looking at the video over and over in full screen, I do not see any hand shake or shoulder pat. The kid's one arm was in the armlock and Tigger never let go of that arm, so I don't see it as a hand shake. As for the shoulder pat, there could have been one, but the video did not show it (you can go frame by frame).

1) The video is evidence.
2) You're contradicting yourself. And even being beat up by a guest, you still can't strike them.
3) If he was that concerned, why did he(and the son) refuse medical attention and not immediately report it to Guest Relations and/or a manager?
4) What does that mean??
5) Yet you are so quick to condemn without hearing the other side of the story.
1) The video is evidence to both sides. It is up to interpretation.
2) No I am not. In the first 2 quotes, I am talking about whether he would be fired. If it was on purpose he should (or at least not put in a human-contact role), if on accident, then he shouldn't. In the 3rd quote, I was saying there is no excuse for a CM to hit a guest. An accidental fall is not a hit.
3) He wasn't hurt enough to need/want medical attention. If anything, that shows even more that they weren't out for the money. As for GR/Manager, as I said earlier in this post, is there any evidence they didn't call a manager over or went to GR?
4) It means I made a typo. Insert "should be" between 'guest' and 'working'.
5) I am not condemning (or at least trying not to condemn) the CM. I am saying that there is a possibility that the CM hit the guest and if he did, he should apologize to the guest and appropriate action should be taken. However, I also realize there is the distinct other possibility that the CM fell and accidentally contacted the guest. In that case, an apology would still be nice from the CM, but no other action should be taken.

But I have to say... I said this earlier. It's SO obvious that Tigger was off balance, and the kid is freaking SMILING through the whole thing!
WOW, the kid is smiling?! I'm sure he's not doing that because he's in WALT DISNEY WORLD. Your in the most Magical Place on Earth getting your picture taken with giant characters in front of a giant hat just steps away from Tower of Terror & GMR...... who wouldn't be smiling?

As for the reported Fox News Report that the Sheriff is reporting that it was in self defense (which I am taking with a grain of salt until the Sentinel or some other local paper confirms it), that to me would only hurt the case for the CM. If that is true, then we can eliminate 'accidental fall' from the possibilities and we would have a CM intentionally hitting a guest whether or not he was provoked. And as someone said somewhere in this thread, CMs aren't allowed to hit guests no matter what.

PhotoDave219

Hehe. We've been there and done that. I think it's the general concensus.

That and the kid is smiling throughout the "attack", Tigger shook his hand and patted him on the shoulder after the fact... Um... What else... Let's see, the parents are overreacting, and also the new development, the Sherrif stated that Tigger was acting in self defense.

Did I forget anything? Anyone?

The part where dad wanted a "payday" from Disney. The part where everything was hunky dorey until a lawyer got involved and local 6 did as well. (Which is the worst news outlet in town IMO after dealing with them on many occasions).

Self Defense. Go OCSO.

radiohost

Hehe. We've been there and done that. I think it's the general concensus.

That and the kid is smiling throughout the "attack", Tigger shook his hand and patted him on the shoulder after the fact... Um... What else... Let's see, the parents are overreacting, and also the new development, the Sherrif stated that Tigger was acting in self defense.

Did I forget anything? Anyone?

Pretty good, look at the pic that i posted above....check out the kids fist...now what does that look like?

I doubt this story is going to disapear anytime soon.:cool:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
askmike1 said:
And I suppose you followed him all day? I know that if he is anything like my parents, he is likely going to ask the same question over and over.
No, I didn't follow him. Listen to what the Dad asks the son on air!

PhotoDave219

I think the kid is 14. I remember reading it in one of the MANY news articles that I've read... I think I've found them all.

I've become a little :eek: obsessed with this story. I can't wait for it all to be over. Tigger is really a great person, he doesn't deserve any of this.

oooOOOOOooooo Tiggers got a girlfriend ;) j/k

imagineer boy

ok
but this is all over the news
sorry
did not know that
but i'm really curious about this

You are absolutely making no sense what-so-ever. If you want us to understand you, then use longer sentences to explain more what you're talking about, use proper grammer and puncuation.

and please
stop
writing like this
please!

BeckyLSawyer

1. he hit a boy
and got fired :)
so he went mad at the 14 year-old
but i heard i rumor the teen died :confused:
he hit a boy is a reason

Hate to burst your bubble, but he isn't fired. He was temporarily suspended, he's still a Disney CM, and I doubt that he'll be suspended much longer since OCSD found it to be self-defense.

He might get transferred though. Which is certainly NOT fired.

And the teen didn't DIE, that would certainly make the news. Don't make stuff up, it's unbecoming.

TinkerBell9988

I still can't view the video for some reason...

I have Internet Explorer 7, and have never had a problem viewing videos before. Can someone give me some advice on what I can do so I can see this infamous Tigger video?

Thanks a bunch.

And from what I have been reading, I believe Tigger was provoked to touch that kid in that manner. I saw the slideshow, and no one knows what his left hand was doing behind Tigger's back.

kennygman

"Oh, dear! Oh, dear, oh, dearie, dearie, dear!"

"Oh, brother.", "Think, think, think."

I'm starting the Tigger defense fund. Each person send one Disney Dolla to: thatswhattiggersdobest@thatsredikorus.com We need to get to the bottom of this and find out Woo hoo hoo! was really guilty.

If the glove fits, the kid shoulda quit!

"Oh, well. thanks for noticin' me"

disneydata

Again, I challenge anyone to find any evidence that the man or his son wanted money. There is NO evidence to that matter. The only evidence shows that the man and his son just want an apology from the CM, nothing else.
O-P-I-N-I-O-N

I don't know. Based on what the man said (about all the managers, etc apologizing), it would appear that he might have gone there (or had a manager brought to the area). I don't see any evidence saying he didn't go there.
And there's no evidence they DID go either.

1) The video is evidence to both sides. It is up to interpretation.
2) No I am not. In the first 2 quotes, I am talking about whether he would be fired. If it was on purpose he should (or at least not put in a human-contact role), if on accident, then he shouldn't. In the 3rd quote, I was saying there is no excuse for a CM to hit a guest. An accidental fall is not a hit.
3) He wasn't hurt enough to need/want medical attention. If anything, that shows even more that they weren't out for the money. As for GR/Manager, as I said earlier in this post, is there any evidence they didn't call a manager over or went to GR?
1) Exactly. There IS evidence. You said there was none in his defense. If it's evidence for both sides ...
2) hit v: to cause to come into contact b : to deliver (as a blow) by action c : to apply forcefully or suddenly
I hit a guest a few days ago as they turned one way and I turned another way. By your definition and interpretation, I should be fired ("but there is no excuse whatsoever for a CM to hit a guest"). You said if it were in self-defense, he should be fired. He's not going to be fired and OSCO called it self-defense.
3) Again, is there any evidence they did?

As for the reported Fox News Report that the Sheriff is reporting that it was in self defense (which I am taking with a grain of salt until the Sentinel or some other local paper confirms it), that to me would only hurt the case for the CM. If that is true, then we can eliminate 'accidental fall' from the possibilities and we would have a CM intentionally hitting a guest whether or not he was provoked. And as someone said somewhere in this thread, CMs aren't allowed to hit guests no matter what.
Yes, the report is true. Regarding the 'hit', see my comment above. Looks like I don't have to go to work anymore!

Oh, and welcome to my block list. You're my first!

GoofyFan1

1. he hit a boy
and got fired :)
so he went mad at the 14 year-old
but i heard i rumor the teen died :confused:
he hit a boy is a reason

You make absolutely no sense at all. Please try counting to 100 before touching your keyboard.

Meanwhile I'm going to go get a helmet because I'm tired of trying to figure out what you are talking about; it's like banging my head against the wall :brick:

MickeyJman06

last post ever

You make absolutely no sense at all. Please try counting to 100 before touching your keyboard.

Meanwhile I'm going to go get a helmet because I'm tired of trying to figure out what you are talking about; it's like banging my head against the wall :brick:
i should have been the one who got punched,
everyone hates me :cry:

radiohost

Im just waiting for the famous "GLOVE" to become an item on ebay!!!!

and that half cuttoff muscle shirt is somthing to!!!

For what its worth, tiggers got a mean left hook!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: ...

GoofyFan1

i should have been the one who got punched,
everyone hates me :cry:

I don't hate you, I just have NO clue as to what you are trying to add to the thread. Join in, enjoy yourself, but expect some negative responses if you are going to throw out twilight zone style responses.

Pongo

Tigger could probably hardly even SEE the kids head to punch it. Seriously. What a crap story.

EDIT: And I've decided that Local 6 just has it out for WDW. They have to many stories about what a terrible and deadly place it is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom