Tigger Is Innocent!

juan

I came across a bit of history

So back when people were upset with the Ayatollah of Iran, they protested legally and peacefully by boxing up their garbage and sending it to him.
:drevil:
:lookaroun

NitroStitch

this is so much of a BS call. this family is after a million dollars and is looking for any excuse to get it.. and Disney is the perfect foil.. Sue them and hope that it gets settled as a nuisance suit. that's what this is all about, getting MONEY FROM WDW...

if I did this as a kid, my dad would have smacked me right in front of God, Tigger and the whole of DISNEY WORLD.. and back in 1971, every one would have applauded , and probably got him a free coke and me a free trip to the car..

This is definitely pure BS. Poor Tigger! If I'd done that to Tigger (whether trying to unzip the zipper or pull at his neck or ANYTHING), I'd have been whacked by my parents - the only pain medicine I'd have wanted would be from the family discipline!

From the videotape, it looks like Tigger barely brushed the kid's face - he needs codeine? Give me a break! Meanwhile in the video, the kid is obviously doing something to Tigger - it's kind of like when you're watching football and a player's head is visibly moved around during a tackle. You KNOW it's a face mask call... Unfortunately, no referee was around to throw a flag in Tigger's defense. Fifteen yards for unsportsmanlike conduct by the little Richard Cranium!

I really hope this greedy, scheming family doesn't get a dime from Disney and the CM is reinstated with full back pay! Hang in there Tigger! We believe in you!

the-reason14

The whole pain medicine thing, thats just straight up ridiculous. How do you get off from being prescribed on pain medicine, and all you did was get brushed on the freakin face.

And how come everytime I see the vid, they only show up until he gets "clocked." I saw one on youtube last night, and they were saying that you can see tigger kinda shake the boys hand like, my bad, for a split second at the end. They should show the whole thing. Almost everyone on youtube agreed that tigger is innocent.

free tigger.

Captain Chaos

As soon as I heard the Dad on the video with that awful Northeatern accent..I knew the family was trash and that the kid was at fault. And then the kids outfit...c'mon...it was a no brainer.

I am from NJ. I have been told I have a NY accent. THey are from New Hampsire and have a NEW ENGLAND accent. Their accent does not make them trash or what ever you are trying to call them. I suggest you apologize before I hire a lawyer and go on morning shows demanding an apology. All I want is an apology, I swear.

***calls lawyer, HOW MUCH CAN I GET FOR SOMEONE MOCKING A NORTHEASTERN ACCENT???***

Captain Chaos

The whole pain medicine thing, thats just straight up ridiculous. How do you get off from being prescribed on pain medicine, and all you did was get brushed on the freakin face.

And how come everytime I see the vid, they only show up until he gets "clocked." I saw one on youtube last night, and they were saying that you can see tigger kinda shake the boys hand like, my bad, for a split second at the end. They should show the whole thing. Almost everyone on youtube agreed that tigger is innocent.

free tigger.

There is another one on another site I belong to that shows more video prior to the boy getting slapped. All the video shows is ground but you hear the father and he obviously was aggressive with Tigger.

mrtoad

You know I meant Northeastern..and lighten up folks.

I know what you meant and it is still a comment made with prejudice so "lighten up folks" does not cut it. You really should think before you speak.

Listen to The Mom or she will lay down the law and rightfully so.

wedway71

I saw Jerry Monaco today on some talk shows and he said it best.....

A$L$L I W$A$N$T IS J$U$S$T A S$I$M$P$L$E A$P$O$L$O$G$Y.

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
Wow! I'm simply amazed that after 7 pages no one has commented on Tigger's responsibility in this. I agree the family seems to be taking it way too far, but that CM in the Tigger costume was completely out of line reacting the way he did. Where's the professionalism? Where's the restraint? People are complaining about the bad example the father's behavior sets for children, but what kind of message is that CM sending to children...It's okay to slap someone if they are touching you?? Sorry, but that's absurd. That CM needs to own up to his/her part in this, and be required to take an anger management class (at the very least). Am I saying the family deserves tons of money for what they endured? Absolutely not. But why isn't anyone upset about what this CM has done to Tigger's (and Disney's) image?

wbboy29

Wow! I'm simply amazed that after 7 pages no one has commented on Tigger's responsibility in this. I agree the family seems to be taking it way too far, but that CM in the Tigger costume was completely out of line reacting the way he did. Where's the professionalism? Where's the restraint? People are complaining about the bad example the father's behavior sets for children, but what kind of message is that CM sending to children...It's okay to slap someone if they are touching you?? Sorry, but that's absurd. That CM needs to own up to his/her part in this, and be required to take an anger management class (at the very least). Am I saying the family deserves tons of money for what they endured? Absolutely not. But why isn't anyone upset about what this CM has done to Tigger's (and Disney's) image?

Because the CM did not intentionally slap the kid. If you look at the video closely you can clearly see the kid IS doing something behind the character. Which in turn makes Tigger react by trying to pull away but in doing so, his arm accidentally gets tangled with the kids arm and then looses his balance due to the low railing behind him. Because of this, that is when you see his other arm come up and accidentally touch the kids face while trying to keep himself from falling.

Also if you watch the end of the video, before it is cut off so quickly, you can see Tigger grab the kids hand and pat it as if to say "sorry" for what had just happen. This whole thing is such a load of crap. This family should be ashamed of their selves. And Tigger should sew them for defamation.

Thats just my 2 cents anyway

Blizz

When you yank on the tail of the tigger costume, the guy inside cant breathe thanks to the way the costume is designed. If it happened to anyone they would react the same way. Poor CMs in costumes get abused daily, I have heard horror stories. Before you post in the defense of a teenage kid abusing a CM in a costume, you need to consider what the person inside is going through, especially when they cant see it coming due to the way it is designed. I am sure he didnt slap him, it looked like he was trying to push the kid off and did it quickly because of the pain he must have been feeling.

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
If it happened to anyone they would react the same way.

It's a pretty broad statement to say that "anyone" would react the same way. You have no way of knowing that unless you were the CM.

Before you post in the defense of a teenage kid abusing a CM in a costume, you need to consider what the person inside is going through,

I didn't "post in defense" of the kid. I merely stated that everyone seems to be ignoring the CM's responsibility in this incident. Unless his/her actions were completely involuntary (which I acknowledge is a possibility, albeit a very remote one), then the CM was out of line. Being "provoked" does not excuse an employee for getting physical with a guest.

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
Because the CM did not intentionally slap the kid.

There's no way for any of us to know that with absolute certainty. However it seems to me that the CM's actions are certainly a lot more clear than everyone's theories on what the kid is supposedly doing behind Tigger's head. It just seems a little biased to me, which is ironic considering we're all Disney fans. I mean, as Disney fans, why aren't more of us upset with the CM for tarnishing Tigger's image? I don't blame Disney at all for this incident (although, sadly, they are legally responsible for what their employees do). I blame the CM who didn't behave in a Disney fashion at all. As I've stated before, I do think the family is blowing this way out of proportion. But we should be blaming the CM for his/her behavior that got Disney into this mess.

juan

But we should be blaming the CM for his/her behavior that got Disney into this mess.

Not at all - his behavior was in self defense and accidental:

As I said in a previous thread, consider the events as 2 actions
1) The cast member acted in self defense to alleviate his breathing troubles caused by the teen pulling on the back of the costume
2) The CM's movement to free himself from the teen and regain normal breathing caused an accidental contact with the teen's face

Imagine yourself in this situation -- If someone came up and began choking you, wouldn't your actions be to get away from the attacker?
And going by your logic that the CM is to blame, the above situation would put you at fault for trying to escape the attacker

And it the CM is to blame than why is it possible that he could sue the family for slander, defamation of character, libel, assault, lost wages, and verbal abuse?

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
Not at all - his behavior was in self defense and accidental:

As I said in a previous thread, consider the events as 2 actions
1) The cast member acted in self defense to alleviate his breathing troubles caused by the teen pulling on the back of the costume
2) The CM's movement to free himself from the teen and regain normal breathing caused an accidental contact with the teen's face

Imagine yourself in this situation -- If someone came up and began choking you, wouldn't your actions be to get away from the attacker?
And going by your logic that the CM is to blame, the above situation would put you at fault for trying to escape the attacker

And it the CM is to blame than why is it possible that he could sue the family for slander, defamation of character, libel, assault, lost wages, and verbal abuse?

The "obstructed breathing" theory is nothing more than just that...a theory. There's no proof that's what happened.

juan

The "obstructed breathing" theory is nothing more than just that...a theory. There's no proof that's what happened.

it's not a theory --- read the police report, or the statement issued by the Union rep

and if you have ever been inside a costume like that, you would know how easy it is for tugging from behind to cause restricted breathing

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
it's not a theory --- read the police report, or the statement issued by the Union rep

and if you have ever been inside a costume like that, you would know how easy it is for tugging from behind to cause restricted breathing

Certainly I'm not going to fault someone for protecting him/herself from physical harm or attack. But nothing has been proven yet. It's all heresay at this point. It just amazes how quick everyone is to jump to judgment and defend the CM without having all the facts. Based on what we can see on the video, the CM appears to be more clearly the guilty party. But I think people are defending the CM because they think they are standing up for Disney. The thing is, if the CM was intentionally reacting out of anger or irritation toward the guest, then that CM is not representing the Disney that I've come to know and love. I'm not willing to defend someone who makes Disney look bad undeservedly. At the same time, it's not clear at all what (if anything) the kid is doing with his other hand. Yet everyone is jumping all over him and saying they can tell what he's doing. Also people are judging the kid based on what he's wearing (and their observation that he supposedly has a "smirk") and they're judging the dad based on his accent. I just don't think people are giving fair and valid reasons for supporting the CM's actions here. That's kind of scary to me, actually.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom