Ticket Price Increase

AEfx

This is actually correct grammer, removing & MY FAMILY, it would say, "the way I see it for me, it is actually a good thing," which is correct. Yikes, if you are looking at $3 per person and you have a 10 person family, then yes, it could be an issue. When it comes to acting classy, those that live in glass houses should not throw stones. :lookaroun

But he did say, "& My Family". It should be, "My family and I..."

And it's "grammar", BTW. ;)

Normally I would not point these errors out, but since the person I was replying to was so obviously out of line with his comments about his financial superiority, I thought it was appropriate. In short, he asked for it. ;)

As to $3/person, I was replying to a specific poster who said he was going to buy a couple of day tickets and now won't. So $6 or $9 is keeping him from going to WDW during his trip to Orlando, he was very agitated about it and seemed overly angry, which is why I asked. It seemed like a bit of an overreaction.

Any other "corrections" I can correct you on, please let me know. :rolleyes:

Pusta100

No one deserves to go to Disney. Deserves insinuates entitlement. People go to Disney because they meet the qualifications for admission.

I agree....it seems like people have forgotten that the only things certain in life are death and taxes. Everything else need to be earned. I know both my parents worked like dogs and saved for years to be able to bring my family to Disney.

WDW_Emily

I agree....it seems like people have forgotten that the only things certain in life are death and taxes. Everything else need to be earned. I know both my parents worked like dogs and saved for years to be able to bring my family to Disney.

Sorry if my wording was weird but this is basically what I was saying. Just because a family is considered "low class" doesn't mean they get into wdw any cheaper than the rest of us. They still need to save their money.

wizards8507

Also, for people who like to , gas prices have risen 38% from 6/11/10 to 6/11/11, from $2.68/gal to $3.71/gal.

Food prices and the generic consumer price index have also increased

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Also, for people who like to , gas prices have risen 38% from 6/11/10 to 6/11/11, from $2.68/gal to $3.71/gal.

Food prices and the generic consumer price index have also increased

The difference being, of course, that gas and food are necessities. Going to WDW is not.

With that logic, it would be WAY more economical to get an AP to Six Flags New England.

Except that Six Flags New England is not of the same level of quality as Disneyland or WDW. The point is that for almost the same amount of money, one could now enjoy Disneyland, where management seems to, you know, care.

Krack

I wrote this a year ago, but it still applies ...

1982 ... EPCOT Center Opens. The cost of a three day WDW Park Hopper was $32. Compare that to the price of an average movie theater ticket = $3.

Let's look at 2010. From Oct 1982 to August 2010, inflation increased approximately 122%. The average cost of a movie ticket is $7.50 - that's a 115% increase in cost over 30 years. Now let's look at Disney - A three day WDW Park Hopper is $296. That's an 825% markup over the same period of time.

1-Day Admission to Magic Kingdom:
1982 = $15
2010 = $82 (446% increase)

3-Day Park Hopper:
1982 = $32
2010 = $296 (825% increase)

6-Day Park Hopper - no expiration + water park(s):
1982 = $43
2010 = $419 (874% increase)

Annual Pass:
1982 = $100
2010 = $629 (529% increase)

Cosmic Commando

With that logic, it would be WAY more economical to get an AP to Six Flags New England.

Have fun.
Seriously. Try Disneyland. You will like it.

There are exactly two things that I dislike about the Disneyland Resort: castle is too small and there are no cheap Disney hotels. Disneyland is offering a very good product right now.

PhilharMagician

1982 ... EPCOT Center Opens. The cost of a three day WDW Park Hopper was $32. Compare that to the price of an average movie theater ticket = $3.

Let's look at 2010. From Oct 1982 to August 2010, inflation increased approximately 122%. The average cost of a movie ticket is $7.50 - that's a 115% increase in cost over 30 years. Now let's look at Disney - A three day WDW Park Hopper is $296. That's an 825% markup over the same period of time.

1982 = $15
2010 = $82 (446% increase)

3-Day Park Hopper:
1982 = $32
2010 = $296 (825% increase)

1982 = $43
2010 = $419 (874% increase)

Annual Pass:
1982 = $100
2010 = $629 (529% increase)

Not to rain on your parade, but depending on when your picing was taken the ride coupon books vanished in June 1982. If your pricing was from early 1982 it would not be a fair comparison to the unlimited rides and shows of today's tickets.

JimboJones123

Not to rain on your parade, but depending on when your picing was taken the ride coupon books vanished in June 1982. If your pricing was from early 1982 it would not be a fair comparison to the unlimited rides and shows of today's tickets.

Hey, let's not let the facts get in the way of a good story.

George

Liker of Things
Krack's analysis still has merit. I modified it to include 1983 ticket prices.

1983 ... EPCOT Center is an unshuttered beacon of optimism for all humanity. The cost of a three day WDW Park Hopper was $35. Compare that to the price of an average movie theater ticket = $3.

Let's look at 2010. From Oct 1982 to August 2010, inflation increased approximately 122%. The average cost of a movie ticket is $7.50 - that's a 115% increase in cost over 30 years. Now let's look at Disney - A three day WDW Park Hopper is $296. That's a 746% markup over the same period of time.

1983 = $17
2010 = $82 (382% increase)

3-Day Park Hopper:
1983 = $35
2010 = $296 (746% increase)

1983 = $60
2010 = $419 (598% increase)

Annual Pass:
1983 = $125
2010 = $629 (403% increase)

George

Liker of Things
The interesting part is that even though WDW ticket prices have risen much faster than inflation, most of us still pay for it. The question is this - "When will demand take a big hit?" Otherwise, I fail to see Disney's motivation to do much.

DisneyJoe

Since the 2012 Dining Plans have been (unofficially) published, the fact that they're releasing new ticket prices in early June makes me think they'll be releasing 2012 hotel and package rates soon too.

Resort rates and seasons out today on disneyworld.com, under each resort description.

NOT bookable online yet.

Pioneer Hall

Resort rates and seasons out today on disneyworld.com, under each resort description.

NOT bookable online yet.

Looks like there were some nice price increases there as well with Value and Deluxe Resorts really going up the most. Just from a quick look (all standard rooms during value season)...Values up 7 dollars a night from 82 to 89 and Moderates up 5 a night from 154 to 159. The big differences are on the highest level with AKL going from 250 to 265 and The Polynesian going from 385 to 405. There is officially no room at the Polynesian now for under 400 dollars a night if you aren't getting some sort of discount.

I didn't check all rooms in all categories so I can't really say how much the other increases are...but we are ranging from 3-8% on what I posted here.

kittybubbles

I'm flipping WDW off right now...wish they could see it. Another year, another increase...and this time 3 bucks more on a single day ticket? Are you kidding me? so basically it's more than $90 after taxes for ONE DAY at a park??? Insane. I have a vacation week in a little over a week and planned to spend three of the days at WDW, two at Universal, and one at Busch Gardens. Now I don't even know if I want to spend the money to go to Disney at all. Maybe I'll just save towards later this year when I go to California again. Good job TDO...once again my money is heading to the other coast since you keep ripping us off. :mad::mad::mad:

Disney has always used pricing to encourage folks to buy more days. Although they did not have 'park hopper options' years back, I seem to recall you needed a three day pass to 'hop' when they had two parks.

Their market is a traveler on a multi-day visit. They want people to think 'I can visit Disney parks on days four and five at a real value verse only going to Disney for three days and then paying a high price to visit somewhere else on days four and five.

IMHO this is something Disney has been doing for a very long time.

WDW_Emily

NOT bookable online yet.

Rates for art of animation are up as well. wonder when we can book here?

EDIT:just tried some dates. If you are booking for June 2012 or later, you can stay at Art of Animation!

erasure fan1

The interesting part is that even though WDW ticket prices have risen much faster than inflation, most of us still pay for it. The question is this - "When will demand take a big hit?" Otherwise, I fail to see Disney's motivation to do much.

Thats exactly it. As much as we cry about it, until people stop going, nothing will ever change. Who knows that ceiling could be another $50 a ticket. :shrug:

This increase will cost us an extra $67 for our tickets. While not a huge deal for us this year or most likely next, but 2yrs from now, HUGE deal. Why? At that point we will have to buy and extra ticket for my son and all this nickel and dime garbage over the years adds up to a lot of extra cash. That means at the rate its going, on top of the 1 extra ticket, we will have over $200 in ticket increases.:eek: So who knows, since we have the DVC, we may still go and not go to the parks but for a few days and spend more time off Disney property. We are already thinking of going one less day this year and saving $25 bucks and pool hopping instead of the park. Im not sure if this is what Disney really wants but I could be in the minority and they just wont care.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom