News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

seabreezept813

I said this once a while back: I imagine that a good portion of the fans (young and old) of Tiana and PatF are going to be puzzled by this ride.
Imagine say a little girl who wants to go on "The Tiana ride?"
Imagine what she expects, because she knows and loves the movie?
Now look at her ride experience: Tiana in a safari get up, no Dr. Facilier, Naveen at the very end.
Essentially none of the beats that she knows from the film are hit.
I haven’t watched the POV because I wanted a surprise, I might give in by the end of the day. But I gave it to my 6 year old to watch to tell me if she wants to ride it. She squealed “Tiana” multiple times and declared she wants to go on it because Mama Odie does rainbow magic. So anecdotally it’s passing the little girl test in my house. Based on what I’m reading here it doesn’t pass the adult test

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

This isn’t my “bright idea for a fix” by any means. I’m simply joking at the type of “fix”. Took no effort on my part, just took the Journey Into Your Imagination to Journey Into Imagination With Figment playbook, scene by scene, I’d imagine WDI to try to pull off judging off past, similar poorly executed ride redos of the past.

In truth, if I had any say. I’d say do a new Br’er Rabbit traditionally animated series that leans more into Splash Mountain than anything from Song of the South, including brand new storylines that feature his escapades with Br’er Fox & Br’er Bear.. but maybe go further into featuring the other animals seen in the ride too or getting into their unique stories. Series could be called something like “Critter Country” or something like that…then bring back the original ride with enhancements and new spfx & tech to improve the show scenes, but yeah, just a pipe dream that sadly under current management hasn’t got a chance. lol
There actually were plans for something like this back in the early aughts called Splash Mountain Boys that explained the whole backstory behind Splash Mountain and why Chick-A-Pin Hill got flooded.

51764396_1.jpg

51764396_3.jpg

TP2000

I mean there is currently a 50 minute wait for Buzz Lightyear.

Why even bother making good rides if the average fan will wait for anything.

Right ?

I get your point, but that seems to also speak to the horrifically bad management and leadership of WDW, and Magic Kingdom Park especially, over the past 20 years. That park is so woefully under capacity that it's nearly criminal. No wonder the guests are breaking out info fistfights regularly now, the pressure is too high in that park.

The leaders who have been in charge of Magic Kingdom Park are not good showmen, and they have no sense of hospitality. Or so their decisions over the past 20 years would seem to show.

I just posted this over in the Disneyland version of this thread, where the general sentiment from the West Coasters on this new ride is unimpressed and disappointed, but there's still a mild hope that it will somehow be improved with Disneyland's faster and more frenetic version of Splash Mountain's ride system. But at Disneyland, even if Tiana's Bayou Adventure is a noticeable downgrade from Splash Mountain, there's a couple dozen extra rides for customers to work with during their day, and almost a half dozen extra E Tickets at Disneyland compared to Magic Kingdom.

That would seem to lessen the pressure on Tiana to be the big hit at Disneyland it does not appear to be at WDW.

Magic Kingdom Park = 8 E Tickets, including Tiana's Bayou Adventure
Disneyland Park = 13 E Tickets, including Tiana's Bayou Adventure (and that's counting MMRR as a D Ticket)

MK E Tickets (Jungle, Pirates, Tiana, Thunder, Mansion, Small World, Tron, Space)
DL E Tickets (Jungle, Indy, Pirates, Mansion, Tiana, RoTR, MF:SR, Thunder, Small World, Matterhorn, Submarines, Space, Star Tours)

Brian

I haven’t watched the POV because I wanted a surprise, I might give in by the end of the day. But I gave it to my 6 year old to watch to tell me if she wants to ride it. She squealed “Tiana” multiple times and declared she wants to go on it because Mama Odie does rainbow magic. So anecdotally it’s passing the little girl test in my house. Based on what I’m reading here it doesn’t pass the adult test
I'm not trying to assert that you meant anything to the contrary, but the very reason why Disney parks exist is because Walt felt the adults should get enjoyment out of the attractions too. They can hem and haw about 'relevancy' all they want, but if an attraction is strictly appealing to children, they've failed.

The local county fair can easily appeal to children. It's easy to appeal to them. Just as you said, your daughter looked at it and got excited just because Tiana is in it. The challenge lies in finding something that appeals to both, and at least when it comes to this attraction, it seems like they missed the mark.

Incomudro

I'm afraid - and actually of the belief that most adults will judge it like your little girl does.
"Tiana!"
"Mama Odie!"
"Pretty Colors!
"New!"
That's more than good enough for most adults.

Last edited:

JoeT63

And the little girl (and boy) test is really the only test that matters. How will this play going forward? I'm a 60 year-old dude, and all the "it ain't as good as it useta was!" stuff gets old so fast. Get over it. (Or, better, stop going to WDW so the crowds will thin out!) This is going to be a huge hit among those I care about most...my grandkids.

Dragonman

it really amazes me how this team of WDI did not keep most of those critters from Splash. All they had to do was redress a few of them and have kept the inside much more lively. Instead the lump expensive AA's in certain areas where the logs pass by quickly and do not get to even enjoy them. That whole area with no was and just a walled screen is just a bad choice
Apparently some of the DL animals are being kept from what I’ve seen (don’t remember where but it was a photo of the stork being confirmed to be staying).

Trauma

And the little girl (and boy) test is really the only test that matters. How will this play going forward? I'm a 60 year-old dude, and all the "it ain't as good as it useta was!" stuff gets old so fast. Get over it. (Or, better, stop going to WDW so the crowds will thin out!) This is going to be a huge hit among those I care about most...my grandkids.
Apparently you know nothing about a man named Walt Disney and why he created Disneyland to begin with.

brb1006

What was the point of spending so much time writing up personalities for these animals when they don't appear to do anything? Who cares what they say their personality like it's the back of a trading card when they're in the ride for seemingly 45 seconds with no lines?
Disney must be saving those ideas for the upcoming Tiana series on Disney+.

TheIceBaron

From the business model perspective I wonder how the lightning lane sales will be for this attraction? I feel like part of the thing that helps pay for new attractions nowadays is the paid ILL. Since it’s new I anticipate it will be popular for a few months, or be sold out just on those unbrerably busy days. However if the sales don’t track as well as some of the other new attractions sales, they might finally do some soul searching.

SuddenStorm

From the business model perspective I wonder how the lightning lane sales will be for this attraction? I feel like part of the thing that helps pay for new attractions nowadays is the paid ILL. Since it’s new I anticipate it will be popular for a few months, or be sold out just on those unbrerably busy days. However if the sales don’t track as well as some of the other new attractions sales, they might finally do some soul searching.

Didn't Disney say there wouldn't be Individual Lightning Lane for this attraction?

Brian

This is not going to be an ILL attraction. It will be part of Genie+.

Trauma

In order for an attraction to utilize ILL it has to be good enough for people to pay extra to ride it.

Clearly this does not qualify.

UNCgolf

The ride is nowhere near as bad as some would have you believe.

It’s just truly not as good as it should be.

This is essentially how I feel too.

If you eliminate 2-3 minutes of ride time (cutting out some of the empty spaces) and remove the big drop but leave everything else roughly the same, this would be a solid D ticket boat ride addition to the park. It wouldn't be one of Disney's best attractions, but it would be fine.

It's just not a headlining E ticket, though, and it's not on the level of what came before.

Last edited:

Mr. Sullivan

That’s my biggest issue now is the people criticizing the attraction for the wrong reasons.

Splash is no more and will be remembered fondly but at some point we need to move on.
I’m pretty new to this forum overall and I just hope that this thread isn’t representative of how every conversation on every new thing goes because this has been miserable lmao

I’m all for criticizing The Mouse because there’s a lot of it they deserve but this has been genuinely way too much nonsense and hullaballoo for no legitimate reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom