News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Tha Realest

I truly do not care for whatever the announcement for the Imagination pavilion is unless they go for a full restoration of the ride that once was, and should still be.

I do not care for whatever new ideas they would implement instead. Not after this.
With what we’ve seen lately I’d be happy if they don’t touch it until a full WDI housecleaning is complete.

Tha Realest

Why do we need to go on a bayou adventure to look for musicians? Why couldn’t they just put up some help wanted posters throughout the bayou and call it day? “Need animal musicians - auditions on Saturday”.
You’d think with all those scouting trips to New Orleans they’d have realized there’s a complete embarrassment of riches in terms of New Orleans musicians? Why do they need to go out to the swamps?

That’s like saying you’re in NYC and need to go to CT for good pizza.

Surferboy567

For sure.
It's still a log flume.
It'll still be fun.
And it's an attractive ride with some good music.
Yeah, in the end the ride system is fun and will continue to be I’ll still ride it and probably get some enjoyment out of it. It’s when we think about what came before we run into problems there are things to enjoy here.

It’s definitely no splash mountain though. Story is almost non-existent as well.

Johnny D

I have stayed quiet about the conversion of my favorite Magic Kingdom ride all this time. I have always believed that updates and refreshes of rides are needed time and time again(even if it's a fan favorite)....so I gave Disney the benefit of the doubt. Well, they completely massacred Splash Mountain and turned it into a boring ride with a strange and incohesive storyline and lots of dead empty space with nothing to look at. I am so saddened that this is how Princess and the Frog was put into the park. This could have turned into something really special, since it was replacing one of the most popular rides in the Magic Kingdom....but Disney, you failed. If I were in charge, I would keep it closed for another 6 months, change it up, add more scenes, make it follow the story line of the animated movie instead of this crappy story they invented. My goodness...to say im disappointed is an understatement.
With all that said, the animatronics look amazing. The colors are beautiful, and the finale is great. I love that last scene. The rest of the ride from beginning to the last scene is Meh at best. Epic fail Disney!

Tha Realest

I really hope they have another go at it and do it correctly this time.

If they mess up a third time though…ouch as you said.
This presumes:

1) Disney/WDI perceives this to be a problem
2) They have the wherewithal/$$$ to fix this problem
3) The decision makers who pushed these design and narrative choices are no longer around.

It won’t be fixed. Read back to those insipid Disney Parks blog posts, many ostensibly authored by people very high up in the company. They are delivering the attraction they promised. If there’s a perception this attraction lacks any conflict, narrative cohesion, or things you liked most about PatF (the film’s songs, the film’s major characters) then you weren’t paying attention when they told us this was the attraction they were designing and delivering.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Inspired Figment

When it goes down in January for its annual maintenance, it will come back with a new banner…Tiana’s Bayou Adventure: Under New Management
Or.. ‘Tiana’s Bayou Adventure: With Br’er Rabbit’

So the fix for the redo is this (ala Journey Into Your Imagination ‘99 to With Figment ‘02).. Tiana’s planning her critter band party just like the first redo but she discovers a new critter has wanted to join in on the fun, Br’er Rabbit and it happens he’s looking for his laughing place.. so what better way to get a laugh than to hijack/screw up/prank Tiana’s party plans every step of the way, Tiana & Louis getting annoyed with him ala Dr. Channing until the very end when Tiana & Louis finally learn from Br’er Rabbit “Everybody’s Got a Laughin’ Place, it’s just people need to take the time to look for it.” and it ends with her, Louis, her friends, and Br’er Rabbit and some reused AAs from the previous ride laughing altogether at the end/finale

Just a way to rub salt on the wound like With Figment did on the fan complaints surrounding the redo, under the masquerade of a “return/comeback”.

Last edited:

WorldExplorer

Why do we need to go on a bayou adventure to look for musicians? Why couldn’t they just put up some help wanted posters throughout the bayou and call it day? “Need animal musicians - auditions on Saturday”.

You’d think with all those scouting trips to New Orleans they’d have realized there’s a complete embarrassment of riches in terms of New Orleans musicians? Why do they need to go out to the swamps?

That’s like saying you’re in NYC and need to go to CT for good pizza.

Poor Louis. He wanted to play with the greats. It must not have worked out if Tiana has to resort to recruiting random animal musicians.

Surferboy567

This presumes:

1) Disney/WDI perceives this to be a problem
2) They have the wherewithal/$$$ to fix this problem
3) The decision makers who pushed these design and narrative choices are no longer around.

It won’t be fixed. Read back to those insipid Disney Parks blog posts, many ostensibly authored by people very high up in the company. They are delivering the attraction they promised. If there’s a perception this attraction lacks any conflict, narrative cohesion, or things you liked most about PatF (the film’s songs, the film’s major characters) then you weren’t paying attention when they told us this was the attraction they were designing and delivering.
I went back and edited my original post. I meant Figment not Tiana’s. Apologies for not being more clear.

Yeah, Tiana’s is here to stay for a while.

BasiltheBatLord

While I agree the ride is bad, people in this thread are rushing to the conclusion that this is a catastrophic failure for Disney that they will have no choice but to address.

The ride isn’t even officially open yet. There’s no real reason to think that this ride will not be popular with the general public.

Disney park fans online are a fringe minority.

Brian

So..

Tiana’s Bayou Adventure: With Br’er Rabbit

So the fix for the redo is this (ala Journey Into Your Imagination to With Figment).. Tiana’s planning her critter band party but she discovers a new critter has wanted to join in on the fun, Br’er Rabbit and it happens he’s looking for his laughing place.. so what better way to get a laugh than to hijack/screw up/prank Tiana’s party plans every step of the way, Tiana getting annoyed with him ala Dr. Channing until the very end when Tiana finally learns from Br’er Rabbit “Everybody’s Got a Laughin’ Place, it’s just people need to take the time to look for it.” and it ends with her, her friends, and Br’er Rabbit laughing altogether at the end

Just a way to rub salt on the wound like With Figment did on the fan complaints surrounding the redo, under the masquerade of a “return/comeback”.
Though I like the idea, this would never, ever happen. The idea of the allegedly racist Br'er Rabbit "pranking" the black princess and her being taught a lesson by him at the end would be beyond unacceptable in their minds.

Br'er Rabbit has gone to his laughin' place for good. He and his ilk will never return so long as the current ideology pervades Burbank, and even then, he still wouldn't be 'relevant' enough to invest capital into.

Incomudro

While I agree the ride is bad, people in this thread are rushing to the conclusion that this is a catastrophic failure for Disney that they will have no choice but to address.

The ride isn’t even officially open yet. There’s no real reason to think that this ride will not be popular with the general public.

Disney park fans online are a fringe minority.
I agree that dispute all the negative reaction online, the ride will still be as popular as ever.
Not as beloved.
Not as highly regarded.
But it'll still be one of the most popular rides in all of the parks.
Disney won't change anything, because the lines will be just as long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom