News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Trauma

While I agree the ride is bad, people in this thread are rushing to the conclusion that this is a catastrophic failure for Disney that they will have no choice but to address.

The ride isn’t even officially open yet. There’s no real reason to think that this ride will not be popular with the general public.

Disney park fans online are a fringe minority.
I mean there is currently a 50 minute wait for Buzz Lightyear.

Why even bother making good rides if the average fan will wait for anything.

Right ?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
While I agree the ride is bad, people in this thread are rushing to the conclusion that this is a catastrophic failure for Disney that they will have no choice but to address.

The ride isn’t even officially open yet. There’s no real reason to think that this ride will not be popular with the general public.

It’s not a “catastrophic failure”

There will be no fixing

Online fans are an extreme…but that’s not the measuring stick…

Here’s what matters:
1. Any casual fan gonna be more than passively interested in this?
No
2. Anyone gonna latch memories onto this and become more dedicating/repeat fans because of this?
No
3. Are those they crave - the one week big Spenders - gonna look at this and find more value/be compelled to book in part because of this?…tell their friends?…buy dvc?
Again…no

Not a good scenario

Trauma

I agree that dispute all the negative reaction online, the ride will still be as popular as ever.
Not as beloved.
Not as highly regarded.
But it'll still be one of the most popular rides in all of the parks.
Disney won't change anything, because the lines will be just as long.
I think it will fall from a must do ride to the thing you do if your waiting for your next return time, and don’t have to walk far.

surfsupdon

I like Princess and the Frog movie and very much like its music.
This story on the ride was HORRIBLE. Looking for animal musicians…really??

Where’s the antagonist, the thrill, the excitement for the drop??! This has a 50ft drop and there was no suspense for it.

What a let down. And the dialogue by Tiana was so basic. Yikes.

Inspired Figment

Though I like the idea, this would never, ever happen. The idea of the allegedly racist Br'er Rabbit "pranking" the black princess and her being taught a lesson by him at the end would be beyond unacceptable in their minds.

Br'er Rabbit has gone to his laughin' place for good. He and his ilk will never return so long as this current ideology pervades Burbank, and even then, he still wouldn't be 'relevant.'
This isn’t my “bright idea for a fix” by any means. I’m simply joking at the type of “fix”. Took no effort on my part, just took the Journey Into Your Imagination to Journey Into Imagination With Figment playbook, scene by scene, I’d imagine WDI to try to pull off judging off past, similar poorly executed ride redos of the past.

In truth, if I had any say. I’d say do a new Br’er Rabbit traditionally animated series that leans more into Splash Mountain than anything from Song of the South, including brand new storylines that feature his escapades with Br’er Fox & Br’er Bear.. but maybe go further into featuring the other animals seen in the ride too or getting into their unique stories. Series could be called something like “Critter Country” or something like that…then bring back the original ride with enhancements and new spfx & tech to improve the show scenes, but yeah, just a pipe dream that sadly under current management hasn’t got a chance. lol

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
This just jumped into my head but is Living with the Land now the best water ride at WDW?
1717361019267.png

Incomudro

I think it will fall from a must do ride to the thing you do if your waiting for your next return time, and don’t have to walk far.
I can't agree with you there.
It's still one of the biggest - quite literally rides in the park.
It's shiny and new, features new tech and songs, plus it's a water ride in a hot environment.
All my criticisms aside, I don't think there will be a dent in its popularity when the dust settles.
Not in terms of ridership.
Now, in terms of critical, analytical, and its place in the discussion of classic attractions... Well, that's a different story.

Incomudro

I like Princess and the Frog movie and very much like its music.
This story on the ride was HORRIBLE. Looking for animal musicians…really??

Where’s the antagonist, the thrill, the excitement for the drop??! This has a 50ft drop and there was no suspense for it.

What a let down. And the dialogue by Tiana was so basic. Yikes.
"They can play!"

Jedi14

After watching more POVs I think the ride is good, but could use some minor improvements like some dialogue changes. There’s really one area of “dead space” and it could be fixed with some static figures of other critters. I do think Blue Skies and Sunshine should always play when you make it to the top of the drop. I personally like it a little more than Splash, but may be because I had no strong connection to Splash Mountain.

coachb

This is what happens when you can’t laugh at your self and create funny moments because you started the creative process out with moral you want to sell instead of a story you want to tell.

That’s why it’s devoid of charm and warmth.

That plus… making voodoo guy a scary and compelling part of the ride is too offensive.

duncedoof

There will be massive crowds for a few years, and then we enter the long term.

AdventureHasAName

it really amazes me how this team of WDI did not keep most of those critters from Splash. All they had to do was redress a few of them and have kept the inside much more lively. Instead the lump expensive AA's in certain areas where the logs pass by quickly and do not get to even enjoy them. That whole area with no was and just a walled screen is just a bad choice
It was a deliberate choice.

AdventureHasAName

Disney has had plenty of catastrophic failures that have been left unaddressed for years (*cough* Imagination Pavilion *cough*). Nobody looks the other way and says, "It's good enough," like Disney managment post-Frank Wells.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom