News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Surferboy567

I truly do not care for whatever the announcement for the Imagination pavilion is unless they go for a full restoration of the ride that once was, and should still be.

I do not care for whatever new ideas they would implement instead. Not after this.
Anything is better than what we have there, I truly mean that.

That being said, IF THEY TOUCH FIGMENT we are gonna have problems.

lightningtap347

Yeah I feel bad for Drew also. He seems like a good guy. I know what it feels like to be hyped up for something just to realize it’s not what you hoped.

It’s also possible Drew will like the attraction, not everyone has a high bar for this. If you are just expecting a pointless ride with no story but some good animatronics and a big drop, it might be enjoyable.
I think the general audience will be able to enjoy it at the most surface level, but I can't realistically see this sticking as one of the classics.

I don't know how to properly say what I'm feeling without making it sound like I think the average park guest is an idiot (which is not what I'm trying to say), but I feel like there's a big enough glaring hole in this attraction now that even the average, non-hyperactive Disney board fan will be unable to muster up anything beyond surface level mild compliments to describe the ride, which I feel is a massive failure. I'm not articulating that correctly, as I am an idiot lol.

I guess I'd say that this isn't good enough to get the average guest to tell their friends and family to visit, and it certainly isn't good enough for those who care way too much about theme parks :)

Brer Oswald

Anything would be better, but if they dump millions into something that still ends up being mediocre, we will be stuck with that version for 25 years. As it stands now, it could go anytime. Do it right or don't do it at all.

duncedoof

It won't help if the result is the most unambitious and social media-engineered final product possible. Journey Into Your Imagination is an epic fail, but it's a genuine epic fail. They weren't doing cold, lifeless market research to get to that result. It was evil and miscalculated in a genuine way.

With this it feels like they were too many cooks, and too little ingredients. Not enough budget. And it's definitely on the imagineers that Facilier wasn't even considered. Why not? I can't see management vetoing his inclusion. The ideas weren't all there either.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
One of the main problems I have with the whole thing is that you can't just look at the scenes and go "Oh here's how we got from A to B and why" Take the first three scenes with Louis and Tiana:
Barn.PNG

Capture.PNG

Rat.PNG

"OK Tiana is in the barn...Louis is causing trouble in the garden? Now we're listening to music? And music again?"

Now compare it to the same scenes in Splash:
Mov.PNG

5ACE347B-6413-4A3D-B322-DA4F89F5D7D2.jpeg
"Fox and Bear are clearly bad guys looking to catch Br'er Rabbit. Uh oh they caught Br'er Bear instead!" It was like a Looney Tunes episode brought to life. This new ride is just fluff.

aladdin2007

One of the main problems I have with the whole thing is that you can't just look at the scenes and go "Oh here's how we got from A to B and why" Take the first two indoor show scenes with Louis and Tiana:
View attachment 789054
View attachment 789057
"OK Tiana is listening to music... and listening to music again"

Now compare it to the same scenes in Splash:
View attachment 789058
View attachment 789059"Fox and Bear are clearly bad guys looking to catch Br'er Rabbit. Uh oh they caught Br'er Bear instead!" It was like a Looney Tunes episode brought to life. This new ride is just fluff.
just visually even the photo comparisons are shocking, we will never see that level of detail and artistry again. tba is void of all of it.

Sir_Cliff

I’ve never bought the argument that Tiana is more appealing to young riders than the cute animals of Splash were. The flume is no less well suited to one theme than the other. I agree with the rest of your post, though.
For me, the difference is that very few people and even fewer small children would have been excited to go on a Song of the South ride because they loved the film. The ride was always promoted more on the basis of the 'splash' or drop rather than as a ride through the world of Song of the South and, indeed, the IP was chosen because it suited the ride system rather than the other way around. So, I think most people deciding as to whether they were going to go on the ride were deciding based on whether they wanted to brave the thrill aspect rather than on the basis of the characters.

I would imagine Princess and the Frog is different because it is a film to which particularly children will likely have a connection and the IP will be a draw in and of itself. For similar reasons, I suspect if there is a thrill element to any Moana ride they eventually build that it will be relatively mild.

Last edited:

DisneyHead123

For me, the difference is that very few people and even fewer small children would have been excited to go on a Song of the South ride because they loved the film. The ride was always promoted more on the basis of the 'splash' or drop rather than as a ride through the world of Song of the South and, indeed, the IP was chosen because it suited the ride system rather than the other way around. So, I think most people deciding as to whether they were going to go on the ride were deciding based on whether they wanted to brave the thrill aspect rather than on the basis of the characters.

I would imagine Princess and the Frog is different because it is a film that particularly children will likely have a connection and the IP will be a draw in and of itself. For similar reasons, I suspect if there is a thrill element to any Moana ride they eventually build that it will be relatively mild.
Agree, and I think the “princess phase” in particular is something that skews towards younger children. Probably most common around age 2-7.

acb27

I for one think the attraction is fantastic. You can tell the plot was written by someone who was actively engaged in exhaustive research (while sampling a cornucopia of adult beverages) in New Orleans. We start by looking for a spice or something in the bayou, but forget about that eventually and turn our attention to finding animals who can play instruments. We find a few of the animals, uh shrink for some reason and find some more of the animals, then go splashy on the waterfall, and realize the spice was inside of us all along. The foregoing, combined with the inclusion of the animal musician animatronics we have all come to know and love, make it an instant classic. I eagerly await the opening of the meet and greet for the fan favorite trumpet beaver and horn playing bear, which meet and greet will no doubt comprise most of the land to be developed as part of the Beyond Big Thunder project.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom