News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Trauma

But then, why release it? This was completely unexpected.

Someone in the Youtube comments speculated this was to get the online discussion away from that four hour Jenny Nicholsen video that rips the Star Wars Hotel/Modern Disney. That actually makes sense to me- I think WDI/Disney thought they had a home run here.
Jenny’s video has 7 Mil views.

Tiana’s is on pace for 3 Mil in the same time frame.

Let that sink in.

People would rather watch a 4 hour video about the failed StarCruiser than see the newest Disney attraction.

eddie104

I‘ve read through these pages and I’m so glad I have a grip on reality because sheesh 🥴.

It’s a ride. I think the new version is really cute and a great upgrade. I’ll definitely ride when I’m there.
Overall I think people have every right to be upset and downright disappointed at the final result.

However I will say some of the commentary is a little silly. This attraction has some redeeming qualities in my opinion.

Where they went wrong is trying to apply modern Disney standards on a classic attraction.

TBA truly seems like a 2020s Disney ride with all the bells and whistles you expect. However the Imagineers are not used to designing for over 10 minute attractions so they fell flat in trying to execute it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I wonder how long before they turn comments off.

It’s not going the way Disney wants.

Just sad.

I actually feel bad for the Imagineers involved in this project. I think it was doomed from the start.

I’m sure the blame will be passed around and
no one will be held responsible, ensuring more failures like this in the future.
I agree

Bad management.

Reskins are not “clever” Bobs…word is out.

And guess what they’re doing next?

mightynine

Is the “ceiling” for this FEA? That’s not good.
I do think it’s funny that a company bound and determined to make their parks the Vertical Integration Kingdom gives some of their most popular relatively recent animation IPs the shortest shrift in WDW.

Frozen, a genuine blockbuster that could’ve driven a whole land, is frantically shoehorned into Epcot. (And has an amusing stage show in DHS.) Tangled, which blew PatF away in terms of box office, gets some bathrooms.

Maybe they’ll get it right with Encanto, who knows.

Last edited:

trainplane3

Jenny’s video has 7 Mil views.

Tiana’s is on pace for 3 Mil in the same time frame.

Let that sink in.

People would rather watch a 4 hour video about the failed StarCruiser than see the newest Disney attraction.
I will say it is the weekend which makes it a very awkward release for Disney. Most people are probably are out and about. Also first day of June so some cities are holding pride parades as well.

Just a very weird date to release something pretty major. I'd expect the usual Good Morning America thing they usually do on ABC to hype it up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I will say it is the weekend which makes it a very awkward release for Disney. Most people are probably are out and about. Also first day of June so some cities are holding pride parades as well.

Just a very weird date to release something pretty major. I'd expect the usual Good Morning America thing they usually do on ABC to hype it up.
Look up “burying the lead”…and see who’s holding a shovel here?

I’m looking at you, creepy Josh…now stay off my damn hotel tv 🫣

MouseEarsMom33

But then, why release it? This was completely unexpected.

Someone in the Youtube comments speculated this was to get the online discussion away from that four hour Jenny Nicholsen video that rips the Star Wars Hotel/Modern Disney. That actually makes sense to me- I think WDI/Disney thought they had a home run here.
Maybe. I'm guessing they wanted cast members and bloggers to see it in advance so they could be prepared. A person's reaction will be less negative riding it if they see it in advance.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Overall I think people have every right to be upset and downright disappointed at the final result.

However I will say some of the commentary is a little silly. This attraction has some redeeming qualities in my opinion.

Where they went wrong is trying to apply modern Disney standards on a classic attraction.

TBA truly seems like a 2020s Disney ride with all the bells and whistles you expect. However the Imagineers are not used to designing for over 10 minute attractions so they fell flat in trying to execute it.
I think the issue is they have locked it in a measuring contest for at least 20 years.

And that is ON THEM.

Their parks need new things with a clean slate to provide more value day in and out and appeal to a wider array of tastes.

They do NOT need rethemes with lightning lane in mind.

And that is bad management

JohnD

Ok I just sorted the comments on the YouTube Video by newest since I figured maybe the negative ones where getting filtered to the top.

Nope.

This is crash and burn territory.

Disney should probably turn off the comments or take the video down.

This is Starcruiser promo level of bad.
I agree it's bad but somehow I think Disney execs knew it so decided to get ahead of bad reception by releasing a video. That would dampen reception when bloggers/vloggers ride it because they'll have seen the video first.

aladdin2007

couple of questions: so there is no music or sound effects going up the main lift hill? just a weak ray of light?

and what is on the right side after the musical critters before you go down the first drop inside?

AdventureHasAName

IMHO, what the new ride is missing is that, when you're shrunk down, if it is intending to imply you've been turned into a frog, it is not obvious. This could have been easily corrected by having the portion right before the drop at 4:45 (with Mama Odie on the screen and immediately preceeding the "time to get tiny"), instead be a Dr. Facilier section where he does his musical number, then turns you into a frog. Then, as soon as you go down the drop, that large pink bottle at the 5:05 mark would have some sort of screen effect (simulating a mirror) where you see your entire log is now all frogs sitting in it floating through the water. That would make it clear that you're now all frogs and it would better explain why you are tiny and why the large frog at 5:12 is bigger than a normal human. Then the fireflies somehow help you turn Facilier into a frog (or otherwise neutralize him on the riders' behalf) right before the lift hill. Then the finale could have Frog Facilier somewhere towards the ending (demonstrating he's alive but yet again dealt with semi-permanently).

This would (a) explain why you are small, (b) give a purpose to the fireflies room, (c) include the most interesting character from the film, (d) include the best music from the film, and (e) introduce a sense of conflict/danger. Seems to me this stuff should have been obvious to anyone in Imagineering, but apparently it wasn't.

Trauma

I agree it's bad but somehow I think Disney execs knew it so decided to get ahead of bad reception by releasing a video. That would dampen reception when bloggers/vloggers ride it because they'll have seen the video first.
I don’t know, I think you give the execs to much credit.

They are clearly not very bright considering the decisions they have been making.

JohnD

In political circles, "document dumps" are released mostly on Fridays but over the weekend to get the bad news out there when major media aren't reporting on it but those releasing the info can't be blamed for withholding info either. This is the WDW equivalent.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I really hate the way these two women have been vilified by those critical of the retheme. And it’s very telling that they have been. I don’t see scapegoats being singled out for other unpopular projects.
Watch the video. Sometimes non-living things cause their own grief just on the merits
Say directly what you are saying indirectly. I don't remember your vagaries when it came to Chapek and he is such a "villain," they could them a whole new park around him.
Anyone would be getting blowed up in this scenario…Tony Baxter, Bob gurr, John hench and Marty sklar would be

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In political circles, "document dumps" are released mostly on Fridays but over the weekend to get the bad news out there when major media aren't reporting on it but those releasing the info can't be blamed for withholding info either. This is the WDW equivalent.
After news dump

Like when coward Bob “retired”

Never a new trick

Brer Oswald

IMHO, what the new ride is missing is that, when you're shrunk down, if it is intending to imply you've been turned into a frog, it is not obvious. This could have been easily corrected by having the portion right before the drop at 4:45 (with Mama Odie on the screen and immediately preceeding the "time to get tiny"), instead be a Dr. Facilier section where he does his musical number, then turns you into a frog. Then, as soon as you go down the drop, that large pink bottle at the 5:05 mark would have some sort of screen effect (simulating a mirror) where you see your entire log is now all frogs sitting in it floating through the water. That would make it clear that you're now all frogs and it would better explain why you are tiny and why the large frog at 5:12 is bigger than a normal human. Then the fireflies somehow help you turn Facilier into a frog (or otherwise neutralize him on the riders' behalf) right before the lift hill. Then the finale could have Frog Facilier somewhere towards the ending (demonstrating he's alive but yet again dealt with semi-permanently).

This would (a) explain why you are small, (b) give a purpose to the fireflies room, (c) include the most interesting character from the film, (d) include the best music from the film, and (e) introduce a sense of conflict/danger. Seems to me this stuff should have been obvious to anyone in Imagineering, but apparently it wasn't.
I armchaired a PatF dark ride on here back in 2017 where the plot was Dr Facilier turning guests into a frog, and Louis+Tiana helped you escape into the Bayou before Mama Odie turned you back to normal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom