News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

eddie104

Disney and Iger knows good and well most people weren’t happy when this re theme was announced.

They were in over their heads trying to shoehorn this into this space they could have left alone. But alas it’s too late to change anything and the money is already spent.

I’m very mixed on the final results as I believe Tiana deserved her own stand-alone attraction not attached to something like Splash.

Smiley/OCD

He's probably going back and forth in his mind between moments of sadness, and laughter.
Now this is after the initial backlash which forced Bob to spend even more $$ to improve the original concepts….if this is what that extra $$ bought, I’d REALLY hate to see what the original would’ve been…Bob would’ve been much better off spending that money to entice Tony Baxter to put his imagineer hat back on and , at the VERY least, put HIM in charge of hiring the right creatives for the job…Disney didn’t drop the ball, the ball was never in the stadium, let alone on the field.
Bob, one question…is THIS the final legacy you want people to remember you by when you finally leave?? Oof…..

Last edited:

Trauma

Actually. I don't feel bad for the imagineers. Rethemimg the ride doesn't negate the importance of having the retheme live up to the standards of what it replaced. It didn't.
That depends on the circumstance I guess. If Charita was able to tell Iger that she isn’t getting involved in this without having her career sidelined, then this is on her also.

I just don’t know the inner workings.

Maybe she didn’t really have a choice?

eddie104

I actually feel bad for the Imagineers involved in this project. I think it was doomed from the start.
Same they were giving an impossible task with mandates set by modern Disney. Their hands were probably tied in a lot of ways we will never know.

All this hard work by the musicians is gonna go unnoticed because of the reception so far.

Ice Gator

Actually. I don't feel bad for the imagineers. Rethemimg the ride doesn't negate the importance of having the retheme live up to the standards of what it replaced. It didn't.
I agree. They couldn’t lock down a story and it’s clear they weren’t confident enough to commit to one of their concepts. When Tony Baxter left the project, I knew we were in trouble.

That was around the time the model released without the tree, and the “Louis’s trumpet/Mardi Gra celebration” was scrapped for “Employee Owned Tiana’s Foods- EVERYONE IS WELCOME”.

What we ended up getting feels like a mish mash of both storylines.

We don’t even get to see any of the new critters “personalities” they teased so heavily. I figured they would talk or at least have some clever visual gags before we see them all jamming together in the finale…but no. They’re all silent and just play their instruments the whole way through.

JohnD

That depends on the circumstance I guess. If Charita was able to tell Iger that she isn’t getting involved in this without having her career sidelined, then this is on her also.

I just don’t know the inner workings.

Maybe she didn’t really have a choice?
I suppose. I won't rehash the retheme decision. But as a ride, it needed to have exciting storytelling elements as Splash did. Watching the Baxter video earlier, he talked about slowing down the Laughin' Place music to build up the tension before going up the final hill. After watching the TBA video, it just felt flat.

Trauma

Another thing to point out, even FEA's drop has a better storyline point to it for going down, to get away from the giant snow monster thing or whatever he is that pops up. They didn't even attempt anything here for the big drop, nothing. Mama odie saying lets get you to the party hold on, does not cut it and could not be more lazy and lame.
The way they choose to handle the drop on this ride is beyond explanation.

lt is TERRIBLE.

I honestly think it’s so bad it warrants a rework of the ride ASAP.

I know this will NEVER happen, but if I was Iger I would be canceling the opening and sending this thing back to the drawing board.

Raineman

I just watched it. They ripped out a classic and beloved Disney dark ride for THIS? What a soulless, boring, storyless, empty mess this attraction is now. I didn't want this change, but I was still willing to see what the ride looked like before I passed full judgement. Disney should be ashamed of this. But I'm sure there will be alot of Katiebugs with their little princesses that will love it.

aladdin2007

So anyone here who made plans to go to a preview, change their minds?
were maybe rethinking it, but more so because we live 2 hours away and my fear is that dumb virtual queue will summon us before we can get in,,,just not sure its worth the effort or headache of trying to rush over. Can always just wait in a standby line in a couple months or something.

MouseEarsMom33

What do we think the motivation was for debuting a ride through today before the attraction officially opened?

With Rise, Disney kept things locked down. As far as I know, Disney has never released a ride through film to the masses before the attraction opened, but I could be wrong.
They released it in the weekend. I think they knew reviews would be negative.

SuddenStorm

They released it in the weekend. I think they knew reviews would be negative.

But then, why release it? This was completely unexpected.

Someone in the Youtube comments speculated this was to get the online discussion away from that four hour Jenny Nicholsen video that rips the Star Wars Hotel/Modern Disney. That actually makes sense to me- I think WDI/Disney thought they had a home run here.

JohnD

Is there any reason to take things that seriously and not go to a fun event just because you don't like the ride as much as Splash? Show us where on the doll Tiana's Bayou Adventure touched you.
I suppose if you live in the area but I live far enough away that if I planned a trip for a preview where I wools be spending money for a place to stay on or off site, I would be thinking twice. Now, I'm planning a trip in October because I haven't gone to WDW during Halloween in two years. So, sure, I'll ride it then.

trainplane3

Not gonna watch the video since I’ll be riding it soon, but I’m guessing it’s what I expected: it has some beautiful scenery and AAs but falls flat on story. Sound about right?

Typical families will eat it up, more so as we get further and further from Splash in the years ahead.

In 500 years, people will get locked up for heresy if they even suggest there was once a Splash Mountain.
Basically. Book report ride would've been better.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nobody saw a video of the entire ride before they actually rode the attraction in 1992.
Well that is true…
…and also it was one of the best rides ever created. So that’s an issue.

This was NEVER going to be splash in its time and space. And that’s ok.

But they need wins on the board…more than ever. These grand “additions” are not very well regarded in the average.

Is the “ceiling” for this FEA? That’s not good.

Last edited:

Trauma

But then, why release it? This was completely unexpected.

Someone in the Youtube comments speculated this was to get the online discussion away from that four hour Jenny Nicholsen video that rips the Star Wars Hotel/Modern Disney. That actually makes sense to me- I think WDI/Disney thought they had a home run here.
Jenny’s video has 7 Mil views.

Tiana’s is on pace for 3 Mil in the same time frame.

Let that sink in.

People would rather watch a 4 hour video about the failed StarCruiser than see the newest Disney attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom