News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Casper Gutman

Latest photos

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_55642.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_55639.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_55635.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_55637.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_55650.jpg

more at https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...ou-adventure-construction---april-16-2024.htm
I’m feeling complain-y today. That Tiana’s Food sign is pretty bad… it not only feels anachronistic but physically out of place as well.

James Alucobond

I’m feeling complain-y today. That Tiana’s Food sign is pretty bad… it not only feels anachronistic but physically out of place as well.

I don’t want to get all Uni vs Disney and I think EU has some genuine issues, but… compare that sign with the adverts being added to Potter Paris right now.
It’s weird because some of the other signage looks fine. The barn seems a strange nexus of bad decisions. I’ve also come to the conclusion that the thing bothering me most about these signs is not the stylistic nitpicks I could level but actually the stark white outline around them, which emphasizes that they’re cut from modern materials.

I think a better idea would’ve been to create the lily emblem in the same weathered copper as the lanterns and just paint the company name on the barn.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
1713273889775.png

EXCLUSIVE: HIDDEN MEANINGS REVEALED IN TIANA'S FOOD LOGO

The three layers of the lily represent how Big Daddy La Bouff's heart grew three sizes after tasting Tiana's gumbo.

The curvy lines above Evangeline and Ray's stars represent the two different paths tugging at Tiana, her entrepreneurial ambitions and her royal duties as the future Queen of Maldonia.

Lastly, the three water droplets above the lily represent Pierre, Gavroche, and Jean-Claude, three wily nutria (swamp rats), who unfortunately gave their lives (drowned by Louis) when Tiana's corporation seized the swampland for her factory.

Nutria.jpg

Rich T

This is crazy!

It's truly amazing to come onto this forum, to hope to hear the exciting news and rumors about this ride…

Just to see the same individuals whining; finding any minute detail to completely bash the entire project/attraction.

We are now 500 pages deep in this forum and you're still crying about this? You are entitled to your opinions but chances are your complaints aren't going to be seen or heard on a niche forum website. Splash is something of the past; Disney is always changing.

Signs are going to be the colors they need to be, Dr. Facilier isn't going up the lift hill, and the animatronic count doesn't prove anything.

Boycott the attraction if you please, Disney doesn’t need your money and we don’t need extra long wait times anyway <3

This project has been planned for years and has an extensive budget. Lets just let them do what they need to do, and enjoy the process. Disney goes down to the details so just give it a chance for the sake of everyone
It doesn’t have to be an Us Vs. Them scenario. Differing viewpoints are important. So is fairness. Don’t let griping get you down; the bottom line is that everyone here is interested in theme parks. I doubt anyone here actually thinks the Disney corporation cares about the fan forum opinions. I totally agree that this ride shouldn’t be judged until it’s finished. I’ve been disappointed by much of what the current company has done lately, but I’m always hoping to see them return to top form again. I also hope to be on TBA on opening day to see the results for myself.

Rich T

I know I'm late to the party, but I just saw the most recent AA video. The figures are all very impressive in their way, but there's an overwhelming sameness to them, because they all do the exact same thing - they stand their and gesture rhythmically. It's the same thing the Shaman does, that Elsa does, that Kylo does. No matter how impressive the figures are, it gets boring.

When was the last time Disney built a ride with AAs DOING something? Dunking a mayor? Selling a used chariot? Getting a haircut from a robot?

Disney seems to have lost sight of what it means to be immersive. Their current definition of the term is incredibly narrow - the characters must all look at and address the guests directly. It's as though every movie tried to create drama by having the characters stare directly through the fourth wall and constantly reiterate the stakes to the viewer.
Ok, imagine if PotC was the thing debuting for the first time, and they showed us a preview of the Auctioneer AA because of course they want to showcase the most complex figure. He stands there and gestures and looks great.

Tiana and Louis are centerpiece AAs. There are going to be a lot of less complex figures on TBA, and hopefully we’ll see the variety of action and staging you’re looking for.

Bocabear

It’s weird because some of the other signage looks fine. The barn seems a strange nexus of bad decisions. I’ve also come to the conclusion that the thing bothering me most about these signs is not the stylistic nitpicks I could level but actually the stark white outline around them, which emphasizes that they’re cut from modern materials.

I think a better idea would’ve been to create the lily emblem in the same weathered copper as the lanterns and just paint the company name on the barn.
That is spot on... Too much modern "branding" doesn't seem to fit the timbre of the original film or this new storyline.... It is a rustic food co-op in a bayou...it should be a little distressed... it's a factory, not a New York City showroom....

SplashJacket

not really.
this is a discussion forum....
so we should have 500 pages of no one discussing anything because you don't want to read it? Don't read it? Go to the official Disney Blog where it is all sunshine and roses. Nothing to discuss and lots of breathless gushing over everything.
No one is stopping Disney from doing what they are doing...and as you said this Forum doesn't matter...
so....
Exactly…

People complain about Tron (which was a genuine addition and didn’t replace anything).

Should we not expect people to complain about TBA, even if it existed in a vacuum?

Splash was one of the most beloved attractions anywhere, so of course people are going to voice extra skepticism for its replacement.

We’re hopefully long past the (extremely tired and dead horse) discussions of did Splash deserve to get replaced, but if Haunted Mansion, or Big Thunder, or Pirates got replaced, you’re kidding yourself if it wouldn’t generate a huge amount of discussion, pushback, skepticism, and cynicism against their replacements.

celluloid

That is spot on... Too much modern "branding" doesn't seem to fit the timbre of the original film or this new storyline.... It is a rustic food co-op in a bayou...it should be a little distressed... it's a factory, not a New York City showroom....

Yes. Pages back I made a joke about the barn is hat a hipster who never saw a barn would create if you asked them to draw one.

That is largely the reason. The barn is designed as if today someone took an old barn and made it a modern. Not something of that time period that was turned Co-op.

The place has turned out looking more like a Cracker Barrel type establishment then something from Frontierland.

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

We are now 500 pages deep in this forum and you're still crying about this? You are entitled to your opinions but chances are your complaints aren't going to be seen or heard on a niche forum website. Splash is something of the past; Disney is always changing.
You wouldn't be saying that if they tore out the Haunted Mansion and Pirates. The ultimate litmus test is seeing how people react if Disney were to suddenly announce they were tearing out one of their "classics." I mean, it happened with Splash, Mr. Toad, Tower of Terror, and 20k and it's gonna happen to DINOSAUR.

Trauma

You wouldn't be saying that if they tore out the Haunted Mansion and Pirates. The ultimate litmus test is seeing how people react if Disney were to suddenly announce they were tearing out one of their "classics." I mean, it happened with Splash, Mr. Toad, Tower of Terror, and 20k and it's gonna happen to DINOSAUR.
Since when is Dinosaur a classic ?

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
We’re hopefully long past the (extremely tired and dead horse) discussions of did Splash deserve to get replaced, but if Haunted Mansion, or Big Thunder, or Pirates got replaced, you’re kidding yourself if it wouldn’t generate a huge amount of discussion, pushback, skepticism, and cynicism against their replacements.
We're already seeing it again as DINOSAUR is on the way out. Any ride that replaces an E Ticket will be looked at with skepticism. Look at Mickey Minnie Runway, people are still comparing it to Great Movie Ride today. Heck, even Frozen is still bemoaned for replacing Maelstrom.

Last edited:

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
The only rides I'm truly not ok with them touching are the ones Walt worked on - Mansion, Pirates, the Fantasyland Dark Rides, most of the building facades at Disneyland, Matterhorn, etc. Those, I'd riot about. Main Street. Stuff like that.

But honestly Splash was a dated attraction when it closed, same with Mr Toad at WDW, Dinosaur, 20k, ToT, etc. The source material was dated and the rides were aging. You all can understand that, right? Talk to one child who goes to WDW and isn't a superfan and see if they know anything about SOTS. Or Mr Toad. Or 20k Leagues. Or Twilight Zone. If the source material is aging the story weakens. If the story weakens the popularity decreases. Then they replace it because they want everything to be fresh and new and relevant.

Why can't y'all get past it. It's just a theme park ride. . They're just trying to make people happy. At least wait until it's open to compare. Geez.

Last edited by a moderator:

DisneyDodo

They made the barn look bad on purpose. While Tiana is an excellent chef, she does not have a very good eye for art and so she designed this hideous looking monstrosity. The theming here is actually exquisite if you would only open your eyes to it. It’s like a modern day Dino-Rama

DisneyRoy

Communicore Hall is opening June 10th, I can see some kind of media preview right around then if not even earlier.

This has been my thought. It's also the same day the Encanto show starts at Epcot and the new meet and greets at AK. Sounds like they are trying to spread the crowds around the parks with new offerings because not everyone will get to ride that day.

celluloid

And we know they are getting closer to the thought when they can't get a synergy hit off of HM...even worse than the last attempt. Its a staple...for now. But everything changes.

I don't see Tiki Room lasting much longer, and only did because it is low cost to operate. It does not entertain enough with it remaining with the modern audience for the real estate.

donaldtoo

I don’t want to get all Uni vs Disney and I think EU has some genuine issues, but… compare that sign with the adverts being added to Potter Paris right now.

That has always bugged me, as well…to me anyway, “Tiana’s Foods” sounds like a generic grocery store, and the look of the sign doesn’t help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom