News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
In my correct opinion*
1713223119402.png

Opinions are subjective, especially when it comes to entertainment. I loved Splash, but I think Tiana's will be more to my tastes due to the source material, far more advanced Audio-Animatronics, and my personal preferences. But I understand that others may have different opinions, which is okay. Everyone's perspective is unique and that's what makes entertainment enjoyable.
TLDR: Don't say that one opinion is correct because by definition opinions can't be correct.

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

View attachment 779549

Opinions are subjective, especially when it comes to entertainment. I loved Splash, but I think Tiana's will be more to my tastes due to the source material, far more advanced Audio-Animatronics, and my personal preferences. But I understand that others may have different opinions, which is okay. Everyone's perspective is unique and that's what makes entertainment enjoyable.
TLDR: Don't say that one opinion is correct because by definition opinions can't be correct.
I wasn't being that serious.

TrainsOfDisney

Being on the same plot of land means nothing. I imagine and certainly hope that whatever fills that Primeval Whirl-shaped hole will be better than it.
Maybe…. is it going to be an elaborate meet and greet and a carousel?

When Dino-land was fully alive with Lucky the Dino, jugglers, all the games, etc. it was a pretty fun area. Now that only lasted a short time, but I remember it.

Brer Bear

You guys have nothing to worry about, it will be open for both of your trips.
I heard Len Testa on his Disney Dish podcast say last week that Walt Disney World cast members are blocked out of the Magic Kingdom from June 3-13 and that he thinks that's a signal that maybe somethings happens around that time.

Selfishly, I'm heading down June 17-22 so I'm crossing my fingers!

This is crazy!

It's truly amazing to come onto this forum, to hope to hear the exciting news and rumors about this ride…

Just to see the same individuals whining; finding any minute detail to completely bash the entire project/attraction.

Signs are going to be the colors they need to be, Dr. Facilier isn't going up the lift hill, and the animatronic count doesn't prove anything.

Boycott the attraction if you please, Disney doesn’t need your money and we don’t need extra long wait times anyway <3

This project has been planned for years and has an extensive budget. Lets just let them do what they need to do, and enjoy the process. Disney goes down to the details so just give it a chance for the sake of everyone

Last edited:

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
This is crazy!

It's truly amazing to come onto this forum, to hope to hear the exciting news and rumors about this ride…

Just to see the same individuals whining; finding any minute detail to completely bash the entire project/attraction.

We are now 500 pages deep in this forum and you're still crying about this? You are entitled to your opinions but chances are your complaints aren't going to be seen or heard on a niche forum website. Splash is something of the past; Disney is always changing.

Signs are going to be the colors they need to be, Dr. Facilier isn't going up the lift hill, and the animatronic count doesn't prove anything.

Boycott the attraction if you please, Disney doesn’t need your money and we don’t need extra long wait times anyway <3

This project has been planned for years and has an extensive budget. Lets just let them do what they need to do, and enjoy the process. Disney goes down to the details so just give it a chance for the sake of everyone
Yes, yes, yes! Thank you!! This is the best thing that has ever been posted to the forums. Beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

I heard Len Testa on his Disney Dish podcast say last week that Walt Disney World cast members are blocked out of the Magic Kingdom from June 3-13 and that he thinks that's a signal that maybe somethings happens around that time.

Selfishly, I'm heading down June 17-22 so I'm crossing my fingers!
Communicore Hall is opening June 10th, I can see some kind of media preview right around then if not even earlier.

Casper Gutman

I know I'm late to the party, but I just saw the most recent AA video. The figures are all very impressive in their way, but there's an overwhelming sameness to them, because they all do the exact same thing - they stand their and gesture rhythmically. It's the same thing the Shaman does, that Elsa does, that Kylo does. No matter how impressive the figures are, it gets boring.

When was the last time Disney built a ride with AAs DOING something? Dunking a mayor? Selling a used chariot? Getting a haircut from a robot?

Disney seems to have lost sight of what it means to be immersive. Their current definition of the term is incredibly narrow - the characters must all look at and address the guests directly. It's as though every movie tried to create drama by having the characters stare directly through the fourth wall and constantly reiterate the stakes to the viewer.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
When was the last time Disney built a ride with AAs DOING something? Dunking a mayor? Selling a used chariot? Getting a haircut from a robot?
Being a snake and stealing beignets? Playing drums? Tiana's
Shooting blasters or using lightsabers? ROTR
Disappearing and turning into a human? TDL BATB
Hopping around in an insanely convincing walking effect? Adventureland Treehouse
Head vanishing and appearing in a box? Hatbox Ghost
Not a ride but walking around/interacting with the environment? New droids in Galaxy's Edge, not in use yet but the Duke Weaselton animatronic
Roller skating around an area interacting with the environment? Not in use yet but the new Judy Hopps figure
Swinging through the air? Avengers Campus

It happens plenty, including in this ride.

Casper Gutman

Being a snake and stealing beignets? Playing drums? Tiana's
Shooting blasters or using lightsabers? ROTR
Disappearing and turning into a human? TDL BATB
Hopping around in an insanely convincing walking effect? Adventureland Treehouse
Head vanishing and appearing in a box? Hatbox Ghost
Not a ride but walking around/interacting with the environment? New droids in Galaxy's Edge, not in use yet but the Duke Weaselton animatronic
Roller skating around an area interacting with the environment? Not in use yet but the new Judy Hopps figure
Swinging through the air? Avengers Campus

It happens plenty, including in this ride.
So what we’ve got hear is some real reaching.

I’ll start with a concession - I should have stipulated I was referring to the AMERICAN parks. We can all list amazing overseas AAs, especially in Tokyo and in Mystic Manor.

A significant part of your list is AAs shown off at press events who are unlikely to have a significant park presence if they have any at all. We can all list the amazing stuff Disney has shown off in PR videos that never materializes at the resorts. Of course, if Duke or Judy were to show up in the park, they’d be… gesturing directly at guests.

As for RotR, the only ones I recall shooting blasters were characters on a screen. Saying we see characters “using” lightsabers is a crafty dodge - we don’t see lightsaber fights, we see Kylo gesticulating broadly at guests with a saber. It might as well be a pointy stick.

The Hatbox Ghost beautifully illustrates my point because he contrasts so directly with what Disney used to do well. The HG stands on a narrow platform in a space not designed for him, showing a cool effect off directly to guests with little to no consideration of the larger narrative. Contrast that with the simpler but infinitely cooler figures that play the organ, swing from chandeliers, duel, play on a teeter-totter, or shiver in fear. It’s a perfect illustration of new vs old Disney artistry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom