News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Professortango1

You got bored on a 12 minute ride with 4 drops and 68 audio animatronic figures? Maybe the whole theme park thing isn’t for you.
It just doesn't have the same pacing and storytelling as the version I grew up with. Disneyland's is zippy, has better music, and more to see in a tighter ride-time. WDW's version is hampered by the wide boats. It makes it feel like a cheap POTC rather than the unique ride that is DL's.

Disney Analyst

Do we think Louis’s missing trumpet could be a side plot in the attraction still?

Now that I think about what the missing ingredient is (musical critters), and what the rumour of the original story was (missing trumpet), I wonder if that was always a side plot intention, that became interpreted or spread around as the main plot?

PREMiERdrum

I still get so annoyed with advanced AA terminology. Yeti was the same and look at him now. If you can’t keep it working it’s no point in the end!
Not to get too far in the weeds, but the Yeti and these new figures have next to nothing in common.

Further, most of the yeti's movement (both the rise and lunge) come from the articulated sled behind him... not the figure itself. I believe this motion was achieved hydraulically as well, not via electric motors like much of the new designs.

surfsupdon

Not to get too far in the weeds, but the Yeti and these new figures have next to nothing in common.

Further, most of the yeti's movement (both the rise and lunge) come from the articulated sled behind him... not the figure itself. I believe this motion was achieved hydraulically as well, not via electric motors like much of the new designs.
I understand they have next to nothing in common physically. But they share a lot in common with early hype.
The most advanced AAs you’ve ever scene and, to quote Rhode, “You’ve never scene something so big move so fast.” That quote was concerning the yeti. And for the giant majority, they’ve never even scene the Yeti move. Such a shame.

My point was the new AAs will only be impressive if they work. Our Yeti is not impressive in its current state.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Probably a statue of Louis, and then when you first see him he'll explain why he was standing so still a minute ago when you saw him in the garden.
Louis:
ive-mastered-the-ability-of-standing-marvel.gif

zipadee999

It just doesn't have the same pacing and storytelling as the version I grew up with. Disneyland's is zippy, has better music, and more to see in a tighter ride-time. WDW's version is hampered by the wide boats. It makes it feel like a cheap POTC rather than the unique ride that is DL's.
I think on paper WDW’s is superior. It’s longer, more polished, better sets, better story, everything is physically larger, etc. However, I think DL has some unique charm that was never replicated because it was the prototype that was a little rougher around the edges. That’s why the DL version has more of a cult following and people prefer it just out of personal taste. I dare say that people liked it BECAUSE it wasn’t as conventionally ‘good’ as WDW

TrainsOfDisney

I think on paper WDW’s is superior. It’s longer, more polished, better sets, better story, everything is physically larger, etc. However, I think DL has some unique charm that was never replicated because it was the prototype that was a little rougher around the edges. That’s why the DL version has more of a cult following and people prefer it just out of personal taste. I dare say that people liked it BECAUSE it wasn’t as conventionally ‘good’ as WDW
That sums up lots of WDW vs. DL. Disneyland is almost always more charming than WDW.

I grew up riding the WDW splash and when everything was working - I think I prefer it. But towards the end DL was in such better shape my last memories definitely make it a better attraction in my mind.

Gusey

With all the news we've had in the last 2 days, do you think they've held back the opening date announcement to next week (the third critter park blog) just to space out a bit of the news. I know wer're getting DLP news on Friday as part of its 32nd anniversary celebrations, and then the week after we'll hear about if Disneyland Forward is approved

BrianLo

Sorry, was not intending to start up a debate about which version was better! I actually almost have no real opinion as the two always blend for me.

My point was the fact WDW’s can even be considered better by anyone shows obsessing about a really specific ‘count’ of animatronics is starting to miss the point.

This rides success is no longer hinging on the count. Because the count is going to be sufficient or extra sufficient at this juncture. It’s really coming down to execution now.

Bayou

If there's anything lacking (that we don't already know about), it's that the element of magic that propelled the original movie forward. Ex: transformations into frogs or encounters with "friends on the other side," so I'm hopeful that's included in the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom