News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

_caleb

I don’t know who you are, nor know your background or education in these things. Even a generous view of actual historical figures or events this claims to draw inspiration from is off by a few decades, as is the case with this mural and art. Maybe they should have set it in the late 50’s or 60’s when it would’ve been more authentic to actual people and events.
Oh, I agree they seem to be taking some creative license here. They seem to be pulling in geography from well outside New Orleans, business practices from 15- or so years later, and art styles that were popularized 20 years after the 1920's setting of the film. All these things did actually exist in the time of TBA's setting, though.

DisneyNorthFan

I'm enjoying the construction updates, and what I'm seeing. I'm looking forward to seeing more! Going all in and making more dramatic changes without doing a "book report" Fantasyland attraction is a noble effort. We know the ride will be fun - long, action-packed, and immersive ... that's not changing. It sounds like they are incorporating lots of characters and animatronics. There will be plenty of "critters" that will be cute and fun. And the main character and songs are loved by many ... so I'll continue to be optimistic for what's coming. We know the attraction needed A LOT of TLC. While this is certainly eating more budget than would have been necessary for a straight refurb, it's also much more marketable to a new generation of Disney fans. There's no marketability to a refurbed Splash Mountain. Most that come to Disney are on their first visit. Might this motivate someone to make a trip? I certainly think it would. Not everything is done for the repeat visitor ... although I don't see how this should be a bad thing for those repeaters - and as repeat visitor myself, I'll fondly remember Splash, but look forward to something new, too.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Assuming I'm reading the leaves correctly, one thing I'm looking forward to is the addition of a fog screen and/or fog effects. It lends itself well in creating a swampy bayou mystique. So often fog and smoke effects are left on the cutting room floor or turned off later, never to return. With the addition of that "True Bayou Magic" hint, it seems likely it'll be a key aspect of the attraction. Possibly right before the big drop! Oh and scents too! Gimmicky to some, but I think they'll enhance and further differentiate it from the original attraction.

JoeCamel

Assuming I'm reading the leaves correctly, one thing I'm looking forward to is the addition of a fog screen and/or fog effects. It lends itself well in creating a swampy bayou mystique. So often fog and smoke effects are left on the cutting room floor or turned off later, never to return. With the addition of that "True Bayou Magic" hint, it seems likely it'll be a key aspect of the attraction. Possibly right before the big drop! Oh and scents too! Gimmicky to some, but I think they'll enhance and further differentiate it from the original attraction.
Fog and smoke is a problem with ride sensors in many cases and that is why it goes away in real life applications

JoeCamel

I'm hopeful that log flumes get a pass. Seems like they might plan to incorporate some.
Imagine fog at the bottom of the drop blocking a sensor that tells the brake at the top to let another RV drop out, if the way is not clear the brake won't release and the ride goes down until the control has all the sensor readings back. Dropping through fog would be OK but at the block transitions it will interfere

TrainsOfDisney

Imagine fog at the bottom of the drop blocking a sensor that tells the brake at the top to let another RV drop out, if the way is not clear the brake won't release and the ride goes down until the control has all the sensor readings back. Dropping through fog would be OK but at the block transitions it will interfere
“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible”

MerlinTheGoat

Tokyo's Splash Mountain has a thick layer of fog at the base of the final lift.

1703727056486.jpeg

I believe Everest's sensors are different and extra sensitive than other rides due to the special safety precautions surrounding the unique track switch and brakes. Universe of Energy used fog a long time ago on the floor (frozen CO2) eventually disabled due to cost and seemingly not because it caused issues. Pirates has a fog machine in the fortress battle room, and i've even ridden it once where the fog somehow managed to travel up into the cavern grotto. No sensor problems seemingly and they didn't shut the ride down or anything. El Rio Del Tiempo and especially Maelstrom also used fog effects. And Maelstrom even had its own track switch in a foggy area. These effects were also disabled, but again due to maintenance costs I gather.

A water ride is always going to be filled with moisture and condensation regardless (especially in Florida's hot and humid climate). Fog wouldn't cause any extra issues that didn't already exist. I've even been at Magic Kingdom on extremely foggy nights before and Splash continued to operate throughout. As for the bottom of the big drop, the tunnel at the base is also perpetually covered in a very thick layer of mist from the constant splashing of water (especially when they have the additional soaker jets turned on).

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
So...any construction updates or just more gnashing of teeth and wringing of hands that isn't even supposed to be in this thread?
Nope, the water tower tiara was the last one. It's still a log flume that they are trying to skin so that it doesn't look like it was at a Six Flags park.

mickEblu

So...any construction updates or just more gnashing of teeth and wringing of hands that isn't even supposed to be in this thread?

Yes. The mural is still doesn’t belong there. And moss. Lots and lots of moss and fake greenery. Flowers.

Nubs70

Then don't use an optical sensor. Many different types available.

TomboyJanet

Are there no villains in Tiana's Bayou Adventure?
As far as we know none at all. It seems that mama ode is going to throw you over a cliff for some..........reason the same way Elsa threw us out of her castle as soon as we entered it in Epcot, then allowed her creation to dangerously throw us down a falls with zero visability. Maybe Mama Ode is the villain idk. I'm sure gonna interpret it that way.

Hi everyone,

I am currently planning my first Wdw trip ever and I have heard that the works on the attraction might end a bit earlier than planned, I was wondering if according to you the ride might open in August? I apologise knowing that it must have been already mentioned here but I am a bit overwhelmed with all the planning...🫠 I have always dreamt of riding the late splash mountain but I would not miss the new version for nothing in the world.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Hi everyone,

I am currently planning my first Wdw trip ever and I have heard that the works on the attraction might end a bit earlier than planned, I was wondering if according to you the ride might open in August? I apologise knowing that it must have been already mentioned here but I am a bit overwhelmed with all the planning...🫠 I have always dreamt of riding the late splash mountain but I would not miss the new version for nothing in the world.
Most likely not in August but I wouldn't be surprised if it opened in October to align with the fiscal calendar year.

TheMaxRebo

Hi everyone,

We really have no idea beyond "2024" from Disney .... They have said both WDW and DL's versions will open in 2024 and they started working on WDWs a few months earlier so if they maintain consistent pace at but th that woul mean WDWs will open a few months before the end of the year at least

I am more optimistic than many so I think there is a chance it will be open for your trip but as of now I would assume it won't be and then be pleasantly surprised if it is

Disstevefan1

Hi everyone,

I hope for you its open, but I hate to say it, my guess would be late 2024, a mad rush to get it open before the end of 2024, much like World Celebration Gardens in EPCOT.

I also expect various failures in the first week of opening, much like World Celebration Gardens in EPCOT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom