News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Disstevefan1

They said late 2024 initially, but have since switched to just say 2024.

It gives them more flexibility with a timeframe for opening, but I would still expect sometime in the second half of the year.

I would also not be surprised if it opens at WDW first.
We cant go by what they say. The company changes it's messaging all the time.

Who knows, they may have dropped the "late" so folks don't put off their visits till late 2024, but then again, they may have mistakenly left off the "late". They make errors all the time.

Just a hunch, this will open later than expected due to technical difficulties.

TWDC really does not care about WDW because folks show up anyway, see the standby wait time of FOP.

Brer Panther

Are there no villains in Tiana's Bayou Adventure?
I wouldn't be surprised if the only villains in the ride were the frog hunters from the movie.

Quite frankly, though, I don't think there's any way they could actually add any menace to the attraction with those characters.

MerlinTheGoat

WDI were pushing to have it open upwards of six months earlier than they originally intended. I don't know if they received approval for this, but it seems like they got approval for SOME unspecified earlier date. They're moving very fast, even on the interior. I wouldn't put money on it (though to be fair I wouldn't anyway as I don't gamble even with safe odds), but a summer opening seems within the realm of possibility at least. Just don't plan a trip assuming you will get to ride it.

Just a hunch, this will open later than expected due to technical difficulties.
I can vouch for there being a legitimate push to get this done earlier, that was information told to me prior to D23.

As for technical difficulties, anything is possible, but I do think it'll probably be less problematic than a new build. The most trouble they're likely to run into will be show elements. The ride system is repurposed, so there shouldn't be many unique problems with TBA's ride system that didn't already exist for Splash.

Of the AA's, probably Louis has the most potential to cause issues given his size and customizations. At least compared with the smaller animals or standard human figures (which have the same tech as those in Beauty and the Beast and Hong Kong's Frozen from what I understand). From what I was told, a number of the AA's are already built and have likely been through testing in the workshop as well.

Disstevefan1

WDI were pushing to have it open upwards of six months earlier than they originally intended. I don't know if they received approval for this, but it seems like they got approval for SOME unspecified earlier date. They're moving very fast, even on the interior. I wouldn't put money on it (though to be fair I wouldn't anyway as I don't gamble even with safe odds), but a summer opening seems within the realm of possibility at least. Just don't plan a trip assuming you will get to ride it.

I can vouch for there being a legitimate push to get this done earlier, that was information told to me prior to D23. As for technical difficulties, anything is possible, but I do think it'll probably be less problematic than a new build. The most trouble they're likely to run into will be show elements. The ride system is repurposed, so there shouldn't be many problems there that didn't already exist for Splash. Of the AA's, probably Louis has the most potential to cause issues given his size and customizations. At least compared with the smaller animals or standard human figures (which have the same tech as those in Beauty and the Beast and Hong Kong's Frozen from what I understand).
Lets expect the worst and hope for the best.

If someone told me Disney would mess up the lighting in World Celebration Gardens I would not have believed them, its far too straight forward and something that been done all over the world.

Smiley/OCD

Out of curiosity, have we seen any art or drawings of the “log” vehicles? Are they just going to remove Brer Rabbit off the current logs and repurpose them?? I haven’t seen anything on them…maybe they’re getting treated with Flex Paste and tape so they won’t leak and sink??

Fox&Hound

Out of curiosity, have we seen any art or drawings of the “log” vehicles? Are they just going to remove Brer Rabbit off the current logs and repurpose them?? I haven’t seen anything on them…maybe they’re getting treated with Flex Paste and tape so they won’t leak and sink??
Good question. Somehow the log ride vehicle seems more out of place with Tiana’s, but I am not sure why 😂

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Personally I'd make them a variety of different forest critters so some of the rabbits can stay.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Perhaps a re-skin as a barrel ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom