News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

SilentWindODoom

That's the mural people have been complaining about? Huh. Those complaints turned out to be a real nothingburger. It looks exactly like the kind of mural they're going for.

As for the anxiety over the lack of information, there's been art and a couple animatronics and one blurry, empty background scene behind a guy talking. As soon as this was announced, people were worried they'd cheap out. Splash was pretty jam-packed with things. There's worry that it will end up with the density of Frozen Ever After. It's a special anxiety that befits the special situation that is Splash's redo.

TheMaxRebo

Upon further reflection I can see where your coming from.

For myself though, this project was announced in (checks notes) 2020. A full soon to be four years ago. Maybe I’d be more forgiving if it didn’t take so long. Maybe I am asking for too much information. It just seems in four years we have gotten basically nothing concrete other than fairly abstract concept art, research trips and a questionable backstory with some vague talking points. To me though, Splash Mountain is a large ride with a lot to show so I expect to see more. Maybe that’s an unreasonable expectation.

I do understand where people are coming from though.

I do think Disney has been a bit backwards in what they have shared - as going heavy on the backstory/behind the scenes stuff without revealing much of the story, shows scenes, why the ride will be fun, etc ... So shared more of the stuff that usually comes after the ride is open for people that want to dive deeper into the back story

Like, in comparison, there is a ton of detailed backstory to Big Thunder, but it is first presented as a fun, out of control trail coaster and that is all you really need to know to enjoy the ride ... BUT if you want to go deeper there is a ton of backstory (elements int he queue cover it, etc)

But for this they went heavy into the second level first (which I think is largely as not much else new/coming at WDW so they don't have much else to share so they are over-sharing with this)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If Disney showed an AA that was planned to go into TBA, but then had to abandon it, people here would moan and bitterly complain about the missing AA for years to come.

Disney is wise in not showing anything at this point. At least the moaning and bitter complaints about not being shown stuff will end once the ride opens.

splah

As others have said, it’s the lack of the ride experience itself that is maddening. Compared to the minutia of teaching kitchen.

Perhaps we are expecting more of the ride information because they’ve gone so deep into community gardens.

If they said Tiana owns and operates a business that allows the workers ti share their talents and we’ve come to visit but Tiana needs our help in the bayou. The rest you’ll have to find out for yourself in 2024.

They’ve told us they’re keeping everything a secret with that message. With the actual messaging I’m surprised we don’t know what mode of transportation the employees use to get to work each day. Those kind of details are for the super fan that wants to discover them not the first thing you tell people about a “fun” new attraction.

Does anyone have the timeline of blog posts for rise of the resistance for example?

EricsBiscuit

A few photos from a rainy Christmas Day.

Here's a photo of that area (it doesn't look that much different to me).

Look at the top right quadrant (especially the rainbow looking trail thing) and compare that to the rest of the mural. Louis for example looks new and you can’t see the yellow paint below. The top right looks to be in pretty bad shape.

Goofy Ninja

That's the mural people have been complaining about? Huh. Those complaints turned out to be a real nothingburger. It looks exactly like the kind of mural they're going for.

As for the anxiety over the lack of information, there's been art and a couple animatronics and one blurry, empty background scene behind a guy talking. As soon as this was announced, people were worried they'd cheap out. Splash was pretty jam-packed with things. There's worry that it will end up with the density of Frozen Ever After. It's a special anxiety that befits the special situation that is Splash's redo.

2c91de_fae2ed622d1e4d5c8bec327d8dd5bfd2~mv2.jpg

2c91de_dc22710b67864518a6de290fe5e02458~mv2.jpg

I think people have been complaining about this one. It's really horrible looking and looks like it was done by a child. Disney could have gotten someone with actual talent to paint one.

Last edited:

TheMaxRebo

Disney hired a famous artist to do these murals and if you look at her other art they are all this style/look similar - so they were done like this on purpose

So it isn't badly done, as done as intended just of a style not appealing to everyone/many and can debate if something different should have been picked but was a conscious stylistic decision

Bocabear

But does it look like 1929 New Orleans? Does it further the story? or look like an anachronistic mural from 1974 elementary school playground or YMCA? not that the woman that did it was untalented...not to demean her work, but the art feels crazily out of place for the time and place of the storyline that we know of....

EricsBiscuit

Disney hired a famous artist to do these murals and if you look at her other art they are all this style/look similar - so they were done like this on purpose

So it isn't badly done, as done as intended just of a style not appealing to everyone/many and can debate if something different should have been picked but was a conscious stylistic decision
The mural is modernist trash. Nothing artistic about it. It looks like the scribble of a 4 year old. Gone of the days are Da Vinci, Michelangelo, and Raphael. This mural is a disgrace that clashes with every bit of detail in that park. Not even would such a piece belong in Tomorrowland. If you think I’m being overly harsh, I apologize. But I detest modern art. Art can be judged objectively. Objectively beautiful art has meaningful internal order. Simple as that. I understand this celebrity artist has similar work elsewhere and this work is in line with the other pieces. It’s just not objectively good art. It also makes no sense as to why it is there. It is probably just a vanity project by someone at WDI. Nothing more.

Incomudro

The mural is modernist trash. Nothing artistic about it. It looks like the scribble of a 4 year old. Gone of the days are Da Vinci, Michelangelo, and Raphael. This mural is a disgrace that clashes with every bit of detail in that park. Not even would such a piece belong in Tomorrowland. If you think I’m being overly harsh, I apologize. But I detest modern art. Art can be judged objectively. Objectively beautiful art has meaningful internal order. Simple as that. I understand this celebrity artist has similar work elsewhere and this work is in line with the other pieces. It’s just not objectively good art. It also makes no sense as to why it is there. It is probably just a vanity project by someone at WDI. Nothing more.
You do understand that's it's supposed to look like the work of amateurs, right?
I'm not much of a fan of much of modern art either, but this is supposed to be the work of the people who work at Tiana's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom