News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

SpectreJordan

I wouldn’t be surprised to see it VQ and ILL to start, but quickly shift away once it’s no longer new. Splash didn’t require either and I don’t foresee this needing it.
It's the only "new" ride coming to WDW for atleast 4 years (being reeeeeeal optimistic there). This is going to be super popular for a while.

Surferboy567

Merry Christmas!

It’s amazing every one of these “sneak peeks” show nothing about the ride. Just the same talking points over and over again. This was done again at the Christmas Parade.

I’m hopeful for the final result, but they have been really cagey I feel more then usual. Hoping they show some more details.

Animaniac93-98

Interesting how they said it will have the same drop and ride people already love, but won't say the name "Splash Mountain".

I don't know why it's so hard for them to just say "we're bringing new magic and music to Splash Mountain." To the general public, that would be easier to understand than trying to explain the backstory, or how they're bringing New Orleans to the parks (something they already have).

Last edited:

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
I hope at least they have the kindergarten class who did this mural at the grand opening.

That will be sweet and the kids will be super excited.
Oh come on it looks good. If it were in a non-Disney context would you say that? Why are all of you complaining about a piece of art?? Sure, it maybe doesn't fit Frontierland the best. But it's still pretty...

BrianLo

The amount of angst over this rides perceived lack of info is completely baffling to me. I know more about this ride than any project I’ve ever followed. We’ve seen the model, concept art. Can see exposed track, the near finished external product. Have all experienced the ride profile. Seen half built animatronics, concept art of animatronics, multiple scene concept art. A baffling complex imagineering story that will be dropped before it even opens. Even internal construction set pics.

Leave something to the imagination people, learn some patience…

Disney Analyst

Interesting how they said it will have the same drop and ride people already love, but won't say the name "Splash Mountain".

I don't know why it's so hard for them to just say "we're bringing new magic and music to Splash Mountain." To the general public, that would be easier to understand than trying to explain the backstory, or how they're bringing New Orleans to the parks (something they already have).

Why would they use the name of a dead and gone attraction, to describe a ride that has a different name and theme?

How would that make any sense? There’s no logic to that.

TheMaxRebo

The amount of angst over this rides perceived lack of info is completely baffling to me. I know more about this ride than any project I’ve ever followed. We’ve seen the model, concept art. Can see exposed track, the near finished external product. Have all experienced the ride profile. Seen half built animatronics, concept art of animatronics, multiple scene concept art. A baffling complex imagineering story that will be dropped before it even opens. Even internal construction set pics.

Leave something to the imagination people, learn some patience…

Also the vast majority of people aren't tracking the progress like people here or similar places

I am sure for quite a few people watching the parade this was some of the first things they have seen about the attraction and was new for them

Surferboy567

Also the vast majority of people aren't tracking the progress like people here or similar places

I am sure for quite a few people watching the parade this was some of the first things they have seen about the attraction and was new for them
Upon further reflection I can see where your coming from.

For myself though, this project was announced in (checks notes) 2020. A full soon to be four years ago. Maybe I’d be more forgiving if it didn’t take so long. Maybe I am asking for too much information. It just seems in four years we have gotten basically nothing concrete other than fairly abstract concept art, research trips and a questionable backstory with some vague talking points. To me though, Splash Mountain is a large ride with a lot to show so I expect to see more. Maybe that’s an unreasonable expectation.

I do understand where people are coming from though.

Animaniac93-98

Why would they use the name of a dead and gone attraction, to describe a ride that has a different name and theme?

How would that make any sense? There’s no logic to that.

Because they had someone on camera talking about what was staying the same and what was changing, while showing visuals of the attraction, including the exterior with the drop.

They were talking about Splash Mountain, but didn't call it by name. That's what was odd. Disney may want to advertise TBA as a brand new ride, but it's technically not, and that's what will lead to confusion IMO because anyone who sees the final result in the same spot, with the same drops, is going to make that connection whether Disney wants them to or not.

Saying "we're transforming Splash Mountain into a magical new experience" would make it clearer to the general public, who do not follow these projects so closely, what he was talking about.

Animaniac93-98

Upon further reflection I can see where your coming from.

For myself though, this project was announced in (checks notes) 2020. A full soon to be four years ago. Maybe I’d be more forgiving if it didn’t take so long. Maybe I am asking for too much information. It just seems in four years we have gotten basically nothing concrete other than fairly abstract concept art, research trips and a questionable backstory with some vague talking points. To me though, Splash Mountain is a large ride with a lot to show so I expect to see more. Maybe that’s an unreasonable expectation.

I do understand where people are coming from though.

I think part of the frustration comes from how little substance has come from how much has been talked about.

Disney has shown quite a bit about this ride, including producing a round table discussion video that is quite rare for any Disney ride to receive.

But most public facts or statements have talked about the periphery and minutia of the experience. The backstory, the inspiration, the influences, very little about what the actual ride will show or do.

We know far more about Tiana's Foods as a business venture than what will likely be featured on the ride itself.

That's why it's so surprising when we finally get on ride concept art or interior construction pics because they're actually about the ride (and I think the reaction to those has been far more positive than all the trivial blogposts combined).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom