News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Tha Realest

So I am just going to drop this here, to clear the air as their have been rumors.

Disney Legend, and living legend Tony Baxter is not involved in this forthcoming overlay.

Officially.

šŸ˜˜

-
Makes sense. Heā€™s not been featured in any way in any of these videos or promotional materials showing the creatives involved. Heā€™s not spoke publicly about this ride since his supposed involvement was initially announced.

Most telling, though, is what we continue to learn of this attraction and experience. None of this sounds or feels like a Tony Baxter attraction.

Cmdr_Crimson

I, for one, will be highly disappointed if the only way I know her dad was in WW1 is if Iā€™m in standby.
Well, they pretty much summed it up in the film...
2c4576_77f47746bf1f46c6af8921d4d66f0b39~mv2.png

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Makes sense. Heā€™s not been featured in any way in any of these videos or promotional materials showing the creatives involved. Heā€™s not spoke publicly about this ride since his supposed involvement was initially announced.

Most telling, though, is what we continue to learn of this attraction and experience. None of this sounds or feels like a Tony Baxter attraction.
Tony angrily protesting the ride's last day...

1685883967605.png

James Alucobond

Do you think most of the plot points will be within the queue via signage. So if you bypass it using lightning lane you just miss it and figure it out on your own..
That is not generally the way queue ā€œstoryā€ elements even work, pre-shows aside. They passively give you more details about the rideā€™s characters, sponsors, or in-universe operators, but the ride experience is standalone. Itā€™s the equivalent of flavor text.

TheMaxRebo

Do you think most of the plot points will be within the queue via signage. So if you bypass it using lightning lane you just miss it and figure it out on your own..

No, I think the queue will have a lot of small details/Easter eggs but nothing critical to the storyline/plot of the ride.

It will either be explained in early show scenes or preshow (after the LL merge point) or not really explained at all (like for Frozen Ever After, Navi River, etc) and just be a collection of fun scenes

Smiley/OCD

Heā€™s Tony Baxter. If anyone is exempt, itā€™s the lead of the original project. Also, heā€™s Tony Baxter, dude absolutely came up with a creative way to get the water.
Hey, I have (I should say HAD) the utmost respect for TB until this whole rethemeā€¦heā€™s all for it, heā€™s a ghostā€¦he makes an appearance, thereā€™s more bullet points than down the path at the shooting gallery. IMHO, Disney ā€œenticedā€ Tony to sign on for PR purposes onlyā€¦(and to keep his window). THERES NO WAY heā€™s a happy camper about this. All the pro-Tiana peeps can spin it any way they wantā€¦

SuddenStorm

Just speculating here, but I have no doubt Tony was involved in some of the early conversations when Disney started developing this attraction in 2020 after the retheme was hastily announced (anyone who actually believes they had the ride developed prior outside of some blue sky concept art is fooling themselves). Or at least, he was in the room for a few meetings so Disney could say he was involved- whether or not they cared what he had to say.

But to think he somehow has pull in this attraction, after not being able to do anything meaningful for the company in over a decade- is wishful thinking.

I'd bet he just has way to much class to publicly denounce the overlay. And is probably contractually prohibited by Disney from doing so. He's done a few interviews since 2020, and has basically avoided all mention of Tiana outside of a passing comment or two. So he isn't exactly rushing to praise the redo.

BagOfGroceries

Just speculating here, but I have no doubt Tony was involved in some of the early conversations when Disney started developing this attraction in 2020 after the retheme was hastily announced (anyone who actually believes they had the ride developed prior outside of some blue sky concept art is fooling themselves). Or at least, he was in the room for a few meetings so Disney could say he was involved- whether or not they cared what he had to say.

But to think he somehow has pull in this attraction, after not being able to do anything meaningful for the company in over a decade- is wishful thinking.

I'd bet he just has way to much class to publicly denounce the overlay. And is probably contractually prohibited by Disney from doing so. He's done a few interviews since 2020, and has basically avoided all mention of Tiana outside of a passing comment or two. So he isn't exactly rushing to praise the redo.
Personally, Iā€™d think his biggest concern would be the preservation of the America Sings Animatronics. Thatā€™s why the Splash concept began, Iā€™m pretty sure.

Dear Prudence

Hey, I have (I should say HAD) the utmost respect for TB until this whole rethemeā€¦heā€™s all for it, heā€™s a ghostā€¦he makes an appearance, thereā€™s more bullet points than down the path at the shooting gallery. IMHO, Disney ā€œenticedā€ Tony to sign on for PR purposes onlyā€¦(and to keep his window). THERES NO WAY heā€™s a happy camper about this. All the pro-Tiana peeps can spin it any way they wantā€¦
Or maybe he is just a dude in his 70s that doesn't want to commit to the stress of dealing with the retheme of one of his greatest achievements, because, again, the man is retired. People are allowed to change their mind. He was never going to lose his Main Street window if he said no, like COME ON.

IN ALL HONESTY, he probably saw how badly all of his creations were maintained (as in not, especially Splash and Indy) and said, you know what, naw.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

Or maybe heā€™s a dude in his 70ā€™s that created one of the best attractions in the history of TWDCā€¦was a good company soldier and signed onā€¦only to find out that in order for the new regime to create said attraction, they have to check EVERY box for the backstory. So if you donā€™t have a headache from standing in line in the heat, you have a headache from reading all the backstory. He echoed your comments, ā€œHey, Iā€™m a retired, semi retired top imagineer, Iā€™m NOT gonna be like Tom Brady and mark my legacy with a loss, Iā€™m just going to fade into the background and let the chips fall where they may.ā€ Perhaps he thinks that might be the PRUDENT thing to do.

coachb

To slightly change directionā€¦ we spent the last week at WDW and I was honestly surprised the overall difference in feel and spirit on the west side of MK not having Splash (or even the signage, area music, etc - that were present in past refirbishmenrs) made.

Iā€™m not a fan of this project, but I hope they get the spirit of it right if for nothing else, than for the feel on that side of the park.

SuddenStorm

Tony has very publicly crapped all over the current version of Imagination for decades now. Even on stage to Iger's face in front of a huge audience with video recording. If he was upset about Tiana, I'm sure he'd make it quite loud and clear.

There's a difference between publicly deriding an attraction thats been open for a while and is loathed by fans, vs trashing an attraction that hasn't even opened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom