News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

BagOfGroceries

Dozens of new Animatronics ✅
Lovable scents ✅
Zero emphasis on nonsensical backstory ✅
Singing critters throughout the bayou ✅
Gorgeous visuals ✅

Sounds like the weird story none sense isn’t infiltrating the ride itself, and they’re doing exactly what they should. Ride through the Bayou with great music and advanced animatronic critters.

Sounds like this is turning out exactly as we wished!

Awesome news!

"Dozens" means at least 24 animatronics, so thats good!
They are under pressure to make a worthy successor, and it seems they’re giving their A game in response!

Magenta Panther

More details announced. Splash Mountain in Disneyland will be closed beginning May 31, 2023.

Mama Odie joins a cast of friends – familiar and new – in Princess Tiana’s debut attraction. In December, we shared how a band of newly introduced critters will provide some of the soundtrack to your journey. In February, we shared the backstory behind the water tower that will punctuate the exterior. But what else is in store? Here’s a sample of what to expect from this musical adventure:
  • Brand-new cast of original Disney characters with distinct names and personalities
  • Dozens of entirely new Audio-Animatronics figures
  • Adorable critters with incredible talent, bringing the diverse flavors of musical gumbo found in New Orleans!
  • New, original music alongside favorite tunes from the film
  • Do you love beignets as much as Louis? Well, you’re in luck because the alluring scent of beignets being prepared for the party will be part of the attraction queue!
  • Additional talent voices from the film reprising their roles, including Bruno Campos as Prince Naveen, Michael Leon Wooley as Louis, and the one and only Anika Noni Rose as Princess Tiana
  • Familiar faces from the film such as Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen, Mama Odie, Louis, Eudora, Charlotte, “Big Daddy,” the King and Queen of Maldonia and Prince Ralphie

View attachment 709974

Yeah. I bet lots of kids will want plushes of that character. Instead of cute rabbits and foxes and bears, we get...that. Remember the Quasimodo dolls that failed to fly off the shelves? :eek:I thought she was kinda gross in the movie. Seeing her as an AA...ew.

nickf456

As someone who was extremely skeptical about this retheme and didn't really want Splash Mountain to go, this news piece and concept art we got today is extremely reassuring. It seems like the Imagineers are trying their hardest to make a worthy successor to such a beloved attraction. I'm holding this to them though, if they don't follow through on this than it will be an extreme letdown, it can't be anything less than this.

DCBaker

Premium Member
*Editing to add that these are old comments that came from an article published in 2020. Thanks to @Unbanshee for making me aware.

Here's that article.

Comments from Tony Baxter in an article from the LA Times -

"Famed Disney Imagineer Tony Baxter, known for spearheading Big Thunder Mountain and his role in bringing the works of George Lucas into Disney parks, oversaw Splash Mountain’s creation and has served as creative advisor to Imagineering on the project. Baxter voiced his support for the makeover in a statement provided by Disney. In the comment, Baxter argues that Disney in the early to mid-’80s was often forced to look to the company’s deep past for inspiration, as its own films of the era struggled to resonate on a larger cultural scale."

“When Splash Mountain came to life over 30 years ago, the wave of Disney Animation that started with ‘The Little Mermaid’ had not yet begun,” Baxter said in a press release. “New stories would give us characters, music and wonderful places that now reside in the hearts of audiences everywhere. Following conversations with Imagineering’s leaders about the new attraction’s scope and resources, I had a great sense of reassurance — the attraction will be one to be proud of ... bringing to life places, characters and music from the animated classic ‘The Princess and the Frog.’”

Last edited:

James Alucobond

So if they’re pumping the smell of beignets through the queue, there absolutely has to be a beignet stand coming, right?

And official confirmation of the full (living) cast returning is very nice!
I know some are against it, but I would really like to see Pecos Bill converted to serve food related to this attraction, with better food in the same vein as the current restaurant moving to the proposed Coco/Encanto plaza.

nickf456

Comments from Tony Baxter in an article from the LA Times-

"Famed Disney Imagineer Tony Baxter, known for spearheading Big Thunder Mountain and his role in bringing the works of George Lucas into Disney parks, oversaw Splash Mountain’s creation and has served as creative advisor to Imagineering on the project. Baxter voiced his support for the makeover in a statement provided by Disney. In the comment, Baxter argues that Disney in the early to mid-’80s was often forced to look to the company’s deep past for inspiration, as its own films of the era struggled to resonate on a larger cultural scale."

“When Splash Mountain came to life over 30 years ago, the wave of Disney Animation that started with ‘The Little Mermaid’ had not yet begun,” Baxter said in a press release. “New stories would give us characters, music and wonderful places that now reside in the hearts of audiences everywhere. Following conversations with Imagineering’s leaders about the new attraction’s scope and resources, I had a great sense of reassurance — the attraction will be one to be proud of ... bringing to life places, characters and music from the animated classic ‘The Princess and the Frog.’”

Oh shoot I thought Baxter left the project completely. This is even more reassuring! I'm honestly starting to get excited for this project now! Tony coming back for this gives a huge boost of confidence!

Ayla

More details announced. Splash Mountain in Disneyland will be closed beginning May 31, 2023.

Mama Odie joins a cast of friends – familiar and new – in Princess Tiana’s debut attraction. In December, we shared how a band of newly introduced critters will provide some of the soundtrack to your journey. In February, we shared the backstory behind the water tower that will punctuate the exterior. But what else is in store? Here’s a sample of what to expect from this musical adventure:
  • Brand-new cast of original Disney characters with distinct names and personalities
  • Dozens of entirely new Audio-Animatronics figures
  • Adorable critters with incredible talent, bringing the diverse flavors of musical gumbo found in New Orleans!
  • New, original music alongside favorite tunes from the film
  • Do you love beignets as much as Louis? Well, you’re in luck because the alluring scent of beignets being prepared for the party will be part of the attraction queue!
  • Additional talent voices from the film reprising their roles, including Bruno Campos as Prince Naveen, Michael Leon Wooley as Louis, and the one and only Anika Noni Rose as Princess Tiana
  • Familiar faces from the film such as Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen, Mama Odie, Louis, Eudora, Charlotte, “Big Daddy,” the King and Queen of Maldonia and Prince Ralphie

View attachment 709974

These details are all referring to Disneyland, not WDW, correct?

Disstevefan1

These details are all referring to Disneyland, not WDW, correct?
Oh boy, this is an article about Disneyland! Maybe so!

Keep in mind, TWDC is at war with Florida.

TWDC may cut off its nose to spite its face; as in, give WDW some lesser experience - on purpose!

I have lit the fuse, now I am leaving the area.
TrollWDW.gif

yensidtlaw1969

Oh boy, this is an article about Disneyland! Maybe so!

Keep in mind, TWDC is at war with Florida.

TWDC may cut off its nose to spite its face; as in, give WDW some lesser experience - on purpose!

I have lit the fuse, now I am leaving the area.
View attachment 709983
The literal first sentence of the article is "The magic of the bayou is calling, so listen closely because we’re “digging a little deeper” into the experience guests can expect from the future attraction coming to Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure!"

Can't imagine that sort of speculation is helpful.

FettFan

I know some are against it, but I would really like to see Pecos Bill converted to serve food related to this attraction, with better food in the same vein as the current restaurant moving to the proposed Coco/Encanto plaza.

Problem is that Country Bears exits into Pecos Bill.

Unless they're going to kill CBJ too and turn it into a Louis The Alligator Musical Revue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom