News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Incomudro

More details announced. Splash Mountain in Disneyland will be closed beginning May 31, 2023.

Mama Odie joins a cast of friends – familiar and new – in Princess Tiana’s debut attraction. In December, we shared how a band of newly introduced critters will provide some of the soundtrack to your journey. In February, we shared the backstory behind the water tower that will punctuate the exterior. But what else is in store? Here’s a sample of what to expect from this musical adventure:
  • Brand-new cast of original Disney characters with distinct names and personalities
  • Dozens of entirely new Audio-Animatronics figures
  • Adorable critters with incredible talent, bringing the diverse flavors of musical gumbo found in New Orleans!
  • New, original music alongside favorite tunes from the film
  • Do you love beignets as much as Louis? Well, you’re in luck because the alluring scent of beignets being prepared for the party will be part of the attraction queue!
  • Additional talent voices from the film reprising their roles, including Bruno Campos as Prince Naveen, Michael Leon Wooley as Louis, and the one and only Anika Noni Rose as Princess Tiana
  • Familiar faces from the film such as Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen, Mama Odie, Louis, Eudora, Charlotte, “Big Daddy,” the King and Queen of Maldonia and Prince Ralphie

View attachment 709974

Sounds relatively good, save for the omission of the name Facilier.

Disstevefan1

The literal first sentence of the article is "The magic of the bayou is calling, so listen closely because we’re “digging a little deeper” into the experience guests can expect from the future attraction coming to Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure!"

Can't imagine that sort of speculation is helpful.
Absolutlely not meant to be helpful. I was joking albeit a bad joke.

I must have grabbed the wrong link:

First paragraph:
Disneyland’s Splash Mountain — the famed log flume ride whose imagery is rooted in the dated and racist 1946 film “Song of the South” — has an end date. Guests will have their final chance to plunge a five-story drop through a briar patch on May 30, giving Disneyland attendees one last busy Memorial Day weekend to experience the attraction in its current form.

Vinnie Mac

60BB6710-F7AC-4872-96C0-0FBFD7ABCC93.jpeg

This is huge to me. Disney has stray so far away from original characters that this is actually the best thing about this new ride to me.

The original music sounds enticing too

Stupido

Problem is that Country Bears exits into Pecos Bill.

Unless they're going to kill CBJ too and turn it into a Louis The Alligator Musical Revue.

I haven't been brave enough to voice that on this forum, but any friend irl that I can trap in a conversation about TBA already knows how much of a brilliant idea I think that would be. Tiana's Palace literally has a stage that Naveen and Louis perform on. The fireflies doing a number could use some really cool lighting effects in that theater, and there are plenty of supporting characters to fill out a full variety show. I could even see the "friends" breaking through, and getting a Facilier number. But best of all, it ends the criticism that TBA is an attracting marketed to young kids with a height requirement. Now all kids could see Tiana, despite their height.

Frozen is getting its own land in Hong Kong with multiple attractions and a resturant, why can't Tiana get her own mini land in Orlando?

Last edited:

James Alucobond

Unless they're going to kill CBJ too and turn it into a Louis The Alligator Musical Revue.
That already always felt inappropriate since the Country Bears seem more Appalachian to me, yet they exited into a restaurant named for a character I associate more with the southwest. That said, I suppose I'm not exactly sure the Country Bears are explicitly placed geographically.

Animaniac93-98

Sounds relatively good, save for the omission of the name Facilier.

We know the ride takes place after the movie, so it's not surprising that Facillier and Ray are not mentioned.

Now what is interesting is that the press release hypes new, original characters, but does not make any reference to the Disney+ Tiana show (whos connection was previously a major selling point of this rehab) which has been delayed indefinitely. I guess they want to cover themselves in case that series does not happen.

gorillaball

Yeah. I bet lots of kids will want plushes of that character. Instead of cute rabbits and foxes and bears, we get...that. Remember the Quasimodo dolls that failed to fly off the shelves? :eek:I thought she was kinda gross in the movie. Seeing her as an AA...ew.
Because they were selling how many rabbits and foxes and bears?

UNCgolf

This is quite reassuring -- especially the mention of dozens of AAs.

I also don't think anyone should be concerned that the Disney World version will be significantly different. They aren't going to spend a bunch of additional money designing two different versions (beyond the minimum they will have to spend because of the existing ride differences).

Eric Graham

That already always felt inappropriate since the Country Bears seem more Appalachian to me, yet they exited into a restaurant named for a when I was working for a company th

It was kind of neat. When I was working for a cleaning company years ago in the warehouse and office work, my boss told me that one of our sales agents for the company was the baby female bear for the Country Bear Jamboree.

tanc

Glad it's coming along and it seems like it'll have new animatronics.

This is a minor thing, but not seeing Keith David's name among the cast doesn't give me much hope for Facilier. I guess he really won't make an appearance, such a waste for the drop imo

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I know some are against it, but I would really like to see Pecos Bill converted to serve food related to this attraction, with better food in the same vein as the current restaurant moving to the proposed Coco/Encanto plaza.

It's being considered. Park bigwigs were seen checking the place out.

I, too, hope it gets Orleansified.

FettFan

I haven't been brave enough to voice that on this forum, but any friend irl that I can trap in a conversation about TBA already knows how much of a brilliant idea I think that would be. Tiana's Palace literally has a stage that Naveen and Louis perform on. The fireflies doing a number could use some really cool lighting effects in that theater, and there are plenty of supporting characters fill out a full variety show. I could even see the "friends" breaking through, and getting a Facilier number. But best of all, it ends the criticism that TBA is an attracting marketed to young kids with a height requirement. Now all kids could see Tiana, despite their height.

Frozen is getting its own land in Hong Kong with multiple attractions and a resturant, why can't Tiana get her own mini land in Orlando?

Point A - No. More to the point: NO.

As to Point B - Yes, Tiana could easily get a mini-land in Orlando...just not inside Frontierland.
Other options that have been bandied about:
- Build a Tiana Land on Tom Sawyer Island. Does anyone aside from the die-hards even go to Fort Langhorn anymore?
- Build a New Orleans land north of Fantasyland (behind Small World and Be Our Guest) There's already an access road that goes between SW and the Haunted Mansion show buildings that could be converted for foot traffic, they'd just need to break down the Tangled Restrooms wall.

In either scenario they could build a brand new ride system....i would imagine Tiana's Bayou Adventure would have been better received if it was built as an exciting, multidirectional flat boat ride, such as the PotC Battle for the Sunken Treasure in Shanghai.

Walt himself bragged on how Florida gave TWDC "the blessing of size" and "room for all of the ideas we could ever imagine"....yet the current TDWC is always stingy when it comes to expansion. We're lucky that Tron was an actual standalone ride and they didn't just repurpose Space Mountain for it!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Oh shoot I thought Baxter left the project completely. This is even more reassuring! I'm honestly starting to get excited for this project now! Tony coming back for this gives a huge boost of confidence!
He did leave. His job is done. He was a creative consultant. The creation of the retheming plan is done. Now, it's just construction. And he's not needed for that.

yensidtlaw1969

Absolutlely not meant to be helpful. I was joking albeit a bad joke.

I must have grabbed the wrong link:

First paragraph:
Disneyland’s Splash Mountain — the famed log flume ride whose imagery is rooted in the dated and racist 1946 film “Song of the South” — has an end date. Guests will have their final chance to plunge a five-story drop through a briar patch on May 30, giving Disneyland attendees one last busy Memorial Day weekend to experience the attraction in its current form.
The article being referred to in the post you quoted was this one, which specifies these updates are for both Disneyland and WDW:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom