News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Disstevefan1

People going on a ride doesn't make it great. Way to substantially lower the bar.

A great attraction takes a successful melding of them and ride. Witness Dinosaur at AK. It's the same ride system as Indy at DL. Indy is one of my favorite all time attractions. I will reschedule a trip if I find out Indy is closed. Yet I often just skip Dinosaur without a care.
I never said Tiana was going to be a great ride. I have no idea. All I said is we need to wait and see.

I also said folks who like flumes will go on it because it's a flume.

I appreciate you will skip Dinosaur but love Indy. For us, we are in the MK, its MOBBED as usual, I paid for my family to get in, I paid for Genie+ for the family, if we can get in an attraction, we will do it, even if its Tiana.

Do I agree that splash should be erased from existence? No.

Could Disney have tweaked Splash to deal with the issues Disney had with it? YES. Disney chose not to.

I hate to say it, but even Disney fans sometimes must take what we get. We are not in control.

tanc

Welder curtains up
Mid-April-Tianas-Bayou-Transformation-Splash-5.jpg

JoeCamel

I never said Tiana was going to be a great ride. I have no idea. All I said is we need to wait and see.

I also said folks who like flumes will go on it because it's a flume.

I appreciate you will skip Dinosaur but love Indy. For us, we are in the MK, its MOBBED as usual, I paid for my family to get in, I paid for Genie+ for the family, if we can get in an attraction, we will do it, even if its Tiana.

Do I agree that splash should be erased from existence? No.

Could Disney have tweaked Splash to deal with the issues Disney had with it? YES. Disney chose not to.

I hate to say it, but even Disney fans sometimes must take what we get. We are not in control.
Someone is overdue for their next dust infusion I see, can we get on that STAT?

tanc

I wonder if this means WDW will open earlier than DL. Seems like a daring task if you ask me, because this is obviously superior version. I just think it would have made more sense to start with the DL version.

DCBaker

Premium Member
More details announced. Splash Mountain in Disneyland will be closed beginning May 31, 2023.

Mama Odie joins a cast of friends – familiar and new – in Princess Tiana’s debut attraction. In December, we shared how a band of newly introduced critters will provide some of the soundtrack to your journey. In February, we shared the backstory behind the water tower that will punctuate the exterior. But what else is in store? Here’s a sample of what to expect from this musical adventure:
  • Brand-new cast of original Disney characters with distinct names and personalities
  • Dozens of entirely new Audio-Animatronics figures
  • Adorable critters with incredible talent, bringing the diverse flavors of musical gumbo found in New Orleans!
  • New, original music alongside favorite tunes from the film
  • Do you love beignets as much as Louis? Well, you’re in luck because the alluring scent of beignets being prepared for the party will be part of the attraction queue!
  • Additional talent voices from the film reprising their roles, including Bruno Campos as Prince Naveen, Michael Leon Wooley as Louis, and the one and only Anika Noni Rose as Princess Tiana
  • Familiar faces from the film such as Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen, Mama Odie, Louis, Eudora, Charlotte, “Big Daddy,” the King and Queen of Maldonia and Prince Ralphie

Fth31ZbacAIUcFh.jpeg

SplashJacket

More details announced. Splash Mountain in Disneyland will be closed beginning May 31, 2023.

Mama Odie joins a cast of friends – familiar and new – in Princess Tiana’s debut attraction. In December, we shared how a band of newly introduced critters will provide some of the soundtrack to your journey. In February, we shared the backstory behind the water tower that will punctuate the exterior. But what else is in store? Here’s a sample of what to expect from this musical adventure:
  • Brand-new cast of original Disney characters with distinct names and personalities
  • Adorable critters with incredible talent, bringing the diverse flavors of musical gumbo found in New Orleans!
  • Do you love beignets as much as Louis? Well, you’re in luck because the alluring scent of beignets being prepared for the party will be part of the attraction queue!
  • Additional talent voices from the film reprising their roles, including Bruno Campos as Prince Naveen, Michael Leon Wooley as Louis, and the one and only Anika Noni Rose as Princess Tiana
  • Familiar faces from the film such as Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen, Mama Odie, Louis, Eudora, Charlotte, “Big Daddy,” the King and Queen of Maldonia and Prince Ralphie

View attachment 709974

Dozens of new Animatronics ✅
Lovable scents ✅
Zero emphasis on nonsensical backstory ✅
Singing critters throughout the bayou ✅
Gorgeous visuals ✅

Sounds like the weird story nonsense isn’t infiltrating the ride itself, and they’re doing exactly what they should. Ride through the Bayou with great music and advanced animatronic critters.

Sounds like this is turning out exactly as we wished!

Awesome news!

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

I wonder if we could sing the refrain of “Margaritaville”….
“Lookin’ for my lost shaker of salt” and we can all yell “salt, salt, SALT!”

Smiley/OCD

Dozens of new Animatronics ✅
Lovable scents ✅
Zero emphasis on nonsensical backstory ✅
Singing critters throughout the bayou ✅
Gorgeous visuals ✅

Sounds like the weird story none sense isn’t infiltrating the ride itself, and they’re doing exactly what they should. Ride through the Bayou with great music and advanced animatronic critters.

Sounds like this is turning out exactly as we wished!

Awesome news!
Fingers crossed

Disstevefan1

View attachment 709974

"Dozens" means at least 24 animatronics, so thats good!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom