News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Kirby86

TBA reminds me of that meme which is like, "there was a whole wild west shoot out in the microwave, but your food was still frozen inside." Same vibes, honestly.

It honestly just looks and feels unfinished. Which is wild, because the company has actually been talking about this since 2010/2011.

What a squandered opportunity and a bummer.
I still think this was originally just a Disneyland project that got retrofitted to Florida when 2020 happened. All the Imagineers talked about was how Disneyland had a connection to New Orleans in the lead up to Splash closing and how Tiana would fit in perfectly. Magic Kingdom they dropped her into Frontierland and soon her neighbors are going to be Cars.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
I still think this was originally just a Disneyland project that got retrofitted to Florida when 2020 happened. All the Imagineers talked about was how Disneyland had a connection to New Orleans in the lead up to Splash closing and how Tiana would fit in perfectly. Magic Kingdom they dropped her into Frontierland and soon her neighbors are going to be Cars.
Correct.

Brer Oswald

I rode it for the second time yesterday and I did not enjoy it as much as my first ride. Most of the scenes are pretty boring, and the pacing is really bad. The Tiana and Louis animatronics are really cool in a vacuum, but the overall staging of the attraction does them no favours. The only scene I really like is the first room of the finale.

I still stand by my opinion that this ride would’ve been great if it was the length and scale of Gran Fiesta Tour.

Epcot82Guy

I rode it for the second time yesterday and I did not enjoy it as much as my first ride. Most of the scenes are pretty boring, and the pacing is really bad. The Tiana and Louis animatronics are really cool in a vacuum, but the overall staging of the attraction does them no favours. The only scene I really like is the first room of the finale.

I still stand by my opinion that this ride would’ve been great if it was the length and scale of Gran Fiesta Tour.

Yes. And floating by the patio of Tiana's Palace (or a similar restaurant concept).

Thinking of newer controversial decisions, I now also can't help but wonder what a Muppet's Splash Mountain ala Western River Expedition could have provided...

Brer Panther

I recall a friend of mine on Twitter had a pitch for a Muppets retheme of Splash Mountain.

His idea was that Kermit was bringing all the Muppets to visit his swamp, but Gonzo was missing. So the ride was about trying to find him. Eventually, you'd find Gonzo at the top of the lift hill, about to do some crazy stunt.

It wouldn't exactly fit in Frontierland, but hey, neither does Tiana all that much...

Kirby86

I recall a friend of mine on Twitter had a pitch for a Muppets retheme of Splash Mountain.

His idea was that Kermit was bringing all the Muppets to visit his swamp, but Gonzo was missing. So the ride was about trying to find him. Eventually, you'd find Gonzo at the top of the lift hill, about to do some crazy stunt.

It wouldn't exactly fit in Frontierland, but hey, neither does Tiana all that much...
You can make The Muppets fit Frontier Land out of all the IPs Disney owns they are the most versatile maybe outside of the Fab Five.

FettFan

That sounds suspiciously like “The Muppets At Walt Disney World”.

Disstevefan1

In my opinion, with the stupid decision to fill in river of America and the stupid decision to destroy the Muppets in DHS, by comparison, Tiana is a wonderful, beautiful, glorious change!

Even the destruction of Future World in EPCOT is not so bad by comparison, although I do hate the rusty stuff and I miss the fountain of nations.

Also, the changes to Peter Pan, also totally perfect by comparison. 😉

Bocabear

In my opinion, with the stupid decision to fill in river of America and the stupid decision to destroy the Muppets in DHS, by comparison, Tiana is a wonderful, beautiful, glorious change!

Even the destruction of Future World in EPCOT is not so bad by comparison, although I do hate the rusty stuff and I miss the fountain of nations.

Also, the changes to Peter Pan, also totally perfect by comparison. 😉
The Peter Pan change is not bad...It is just not really part of the Peter Pan story. The figures look nice... not sure who they are, but they look fine....

KDM31091

Yes. And floating by the patio of Tiana's Palace (or a similar restaurant concept).

Thinking of newer controversial decisions, I now also can't help but wonder what a Muppet's Splash Mountain ala Western River Expedition could have provided...
I agree, the animatronics look nice but the story falls flat to me. Were it the scope and length of grand fiesta tour, it would be great.

Tha Realest

Tony Baxter always said he made his attractions for the 20th plus ride, not just the first. Unfortunately, TBA gives off a "one and done."

Which, again, is a shame.
That’s unfair.

There’s always the chance the next time you ride something that wasn’t working will be fixed*, and something else entirely will no longer be working.

*lol jk

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Something I just thought of for TBA - The choice to not make the finale set at Tiana's Palace makes no sense to me. They talk about it in the queue and everything's "Party at Tiana's place!" Instead we're not at Tianas like said 8 million times, but Tianas restaurant is shoved into the background where Br’er Fox and Br’er Bear were with Br’er Gator.
Screenshot_20240822_191850_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20240822_191842_YouTube.jpg

Jedi14

Something I just thought of for TBA - The choice to not make the finale set at Tiana's Palace makes no sense to me. They talk about it in the queue and everything's "Party at Tiana's place!" Instead we're not at Tianas like said 8 million times, but Tianas restaurant is shoved into the background where Br’er Fox and Br’er Bear were with Br’er Gator.
View attachment 811132
View attachment 811131
The finale is set at Fleur de Bayou, which they say is Tiana and Naveen’s house. That’s what it meant on the chalkboard in the queue and on the radio when it says the party is at her place. Tiana’s Palace is the restaurant.

seabreezept813

Another thought I had is that with Splash I felt real joy (probably the ending and iconic song). And my kids still won’t ride this (6 and 3 because of the big drop) but I didn’t get the vibe that when they do I’ll feel that joy with them. And we feel it on plenty of MK rides—small world, Peter Pan, etc but Tiana’s didn’t give that vibe to me. We’ll see how lasting the ride feels over time but you don’t get that initial oh this is a slam dunk feeling like we’ve had with other new rides like Flight of Pasaage or Mickey’s Runaway Railroad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom