News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Brer Panther

- Five geese and three frogs being replaced by one Louis
- Raccoon/Porcupine and sweeping rabbits becoming screens
- Br'er Rabbit, Fox, and Bear in the bee cave (and all the spinning bees) being replaced by Mondo and a giant bottle.
- Br'er Rabbit being held by Br'er Fox and the Boothill Boys being replaced by screens.
The Boothill Boys being replaced with a screen featuring that ugly CGI Mama Odie makes my skin crawl.

I expect the Disneyland version to have even more spots once populated by animatronics replaced with nothing. The screen in the Laughin' Place with the terrifying CGI Tiana and Louis heads (by the way, the CGI Louis doesn't even look anything like the animatronic, much less Louis in the movie) will probably wind up replacing the storks.

Oh, and don't forget the scene at the end of Brer Fox being attacked by Brer Gator being replaced by... nothing.
What's more, they opted for underutilized high-caliber AA big figures that practically do nothing and paired them with the severely-limited motion figures that don't even rival the range of motion found in Spirit Halloween decorations. Seems they'd have been better off finding a happy medium between the two types. Hindsight. In doing so they probably could have given us a plethora of figures throughout the attraction instead of the sprinkling of poorly-staged vignettes where Tiana and Louis contribute little to the actual "story". Such a cluster.
Especially since the fancy A100 Tiana animatronics do nothing but stand there and flail their arms with the same nonchalant expression on their face. What was the point?

WorldExplorer

Especially since the fancy A100 Tiana animatronics do nothing but stand there and flail their arms with the same nonchalant expression on their face. What was the point?

Simple: if they make some really fancy animatronics they can get praise based solely on the fact that they are, objectively, more advanced than Splash (by virtue of being made thirty years later).

If they stick to simpler animatronics but more of them, then they don't have anything over Splash anymore. They would need to rely on their staging skills to draw praise. Which is a huge problem, because they clearly do not have staging skills.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
I expect the Disneyland version to have even more spots once populated by animatronics replaced with nothing. The screen in the Laughin' Place with the terrifying CGI Tiana and Louis heads (by the way, the CGI Louis doesn't even look anything like the animatronic, much less Louis in the movie) will probably wind up replacing the storks.

Oh, and don't forget the scene at the end of Brer Fox being attacked by Brer Gator being replaced by... nothing.
You can see in the D23 sneak peek that DL seems have replaced the Fox and Gator scene with the same blue wall. Yipee.
TBA.jpeg

FettFan

Roseate spoonbills (the type featured in the film) can be found in the vicinity of New Orleans.

Yes…but only in the aviaries at the Audubon Zoo. Which is where I’ve seen them.

Their actual natural range is on the far opposite end of the state.

gerarar

Premium Member
Tiana's Bayou Adventure has not opened for the day yet today 8/26 (as of 2pm ET). I believe this has been the longest the ride has been down overall and a late opening (if it will open).

I will be at the MK next Sunday for a short weekend trip and only have one shot at it, so hopefully the ride cooperates on my visit!

There is rain forecasted, so already not boding well on top of the meh ride uptime...

I also missed my chance to get a LL for it. By the time I checked with my 7 day window for resort guests, it was already unavailable. But hopefully some availability opens up later on..
1000013705.jpg

1000013707.jpg

Dear Prudence

The Boothill Boys being replaced with a screen featuring that ugly CGI Mama Odie makes my skin crawl.

I'm still stuck on the fact that these are such advanced animatronics, but they didn't even bother to not have her whole wrist gears and wires exposed. Absolutely gobsmacked.

JoeCamel

Yes…but only in the aviaries at the Audubon Zoo. Which is where I’ve seen them.

Their actual natural range is on the far opposite end of the state.
I have seen them in Illinois and the upper midwest is scattered with reports of sightings. They like the coast but a drainage ditch will do just fine and they fly so nothing stopping them from traveling except cold

Raineman

Just checking in from the "Cars Attractions At MK" thread. This thread is just over a year and a half old, and is close to 900 pages. I think the Cars thread will surpass that before all is said and done-it isn't even 3 weeks old and is almost at 300 pages. I never thought that something could be more of a hot button issue than Splash/TBA, but the Cars/ROA/TSI situation might have it beat. If I can break down the numbers:
This thread: currently 889 pages, over a span of 583 days=1.52 pages per day.
Cars At MK thread: currently 278 pages, over a span of 18 days=15.44 pages per day
I would imagine the Cars thread will slow down somewhat, but I still think it will beat out this thread. The time span for this thread between the TBA announcement and the completion and opening will be shorter than the time span between the announcement and opening of the Cars attractions, so that will be a factor.
I am currently bored at work and I am a numbers guy, so I apologize if this post is boring or meaningless lol But I will be tracking this as time goes on.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member

I know it's a common joke, but I think they really will need celebratory cupcakes when this ride actually functions properly for two days in a row.

JoeCamel

Just checking in from the "Cars Attractions At MK" thread. This thread is just over a year and a half old, and is close to 900 pages. I think the Cars thread will surpass that before all is said and done-it isn't even 3 weeks old and is almost at 300 pages. I never thought that something could be more of a hot button issue than Splash/TBA, but the Cars/ROA/TSI situation might have it beat. If I can break down the numbers:
This thread: currently 889 pages, over a span of 583 days=1.52 pages per day.
Cars At MK thread: currently 278 pages, over a span of 18 days=15.44 pages per day
I would imagine the Cars thread will slow down somewhat, but I still think it will beat out this thread. The time span for this thread between the TBA announcement and the completion and opening will be shorter than the time span between the announcement and opening of the Cars attractions, so that will be a factor.
I am currently bored at work and I am a numbers guy, so I apologize if this post is boring or meaningless lol But I will be tracking this as time goes on.
If all the deleted posts were added back here there would be no contest......

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Do we think Tiana’s will go down for Refurbishment this year in November/December like Splash would? Especially if they're closing BTMRR for months it would be a nightmare for Frontierland if TBA can't operate a full day and carry that section of MK

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Do we think Tiana’s will go down for Refurbishment this year in November/December like Splash would? Especially if they're closing BTMRR for months it would be a nightmare for Frontierland if TBA can't operate a full day and carry that section of MK
It can't operate a full day now, so......

James Alucobond

I can’t remember the last time it didn’t, and it could really use it to try to work out whatever kinks are preventing it from working reliably. I’d also be surprised if BTMRR goes down before January, but eh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom