News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

JoeCamel

Remember from my microbiology class many years ago armadillos and humans are the only ones who can carry
Mycobacterium lepromatosis --bacteria for leprosy.
You have to contact one of the 10-20% that have it in their blood and contact the blood of the animal. About 10% of contacts result in the disease transmitting to a human.
They should have picked a nutria as it is a better representative of Louisiana fauna.
Should have done better research on their fact finding trips

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
You have to contact one of the 10-20% that have it in their blood and contact the blood of the animal. About 10% of contacts result in the disease transmitting to a human.
They should have picked a nutria as it is a better representative of Louisiana fauna.
Should have done better research on their fact finding trips
Probably due to Armadillos being native to Louisiana. FWIW, Nutria are an invasive, non-native animal typically eaten to cull it's population. Not sure if showcasing nutria sends the right message for Tiana's...

Nutria Nuggets with Bayou BBQ Dipping Sauce and Side of Cajun Fries $12.99

Brer Panther

Maybe they should retheme Tiana's Bayou Adventure to Pluto and the Armadillo's Amazon Adventure. Or should they save that for the Dinoland replacement?

JoeCamel

Probably due to Armadillos being native to Louisiana. FWIW, Nutria are an invasive, non-native animal typically eaten to cull it's population. Not sure if showcasing nutria sends the right message for Tiana's...

Nutria Nuggets with Bayou BBQ Dipping Sauce and Side of Cajun Fries $12.99
They could play the eco-friendly aspect of culling the nutria? The new feel good food

Rich Brownn

I love the fact that the name in Spanish means little armored thing. I can see them getting of the boat and pointing "What is that ... little armored thing?" :D

Rich Brownn

Remember from my microbiology class many years ago armadillos and humans are the only ones who can carry
Mycobacterium lepromatosis --bacteria for leprosy.
They do but they're not the only ones. Armadillos are often used in the study of leprosy, since they, along with mangabey monkeys, rabbits, and mice (on their footpads), are among the few known species that can contract the disease systemically.

JoeCamel

I love the fact that the name in Spanish means little armored thing. I can see them getting of the boat and pointing "What is that ... little armored thing?" :D
As with most things the Spaniards co-opted the Aztecs according to Georgia

"The armadillo is so named because the Aztec word for armadillo meant turtle-rabbit. The species name novemcinctus refers to the nine movable bands on the middle portion of their shell or carapace. Their common name, armadillo, is derived from a Spanish word meaning “little armored one.”

TP2000

I completely forgot about this. Is she still supposed to be meeting in this outfit?

Apparently she's dressed this way for meet n' greets at 1900 Park Fare, for $66 per person for dinner.

Buffet Tiana.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom