News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Disney Analyst

The best thing they could do is remove the sensor insides probably. Have the first Tiana set the stage, then have the rest of the scenes on a continuous loop, give them each a good chunk of dialogue / scene to play with, and have the riders pass by getting a hint of what’s going on.

unsure if it’s really the scenic sensors causing the issue whoever?

Sneaky

The best thing they could do is remove the sensors insides probably. Have the first Tiana set the stage, then have the rest of the scenes on a continuous loop, give them each a good chunk of dialogue / scene to play with, and have the riders pass by getting a hint of what’s going on.

unsure if it’s really the scenic sensors causing the issue whoever?
Also maybe add some more animatronics in the extra scenes at one point down the line

Disney Analyst

I really think there are easyish fixes to be had here. The setting and music are already pretty great.

Just make it a fun musical adventure, let riders pass by the scenes getting a sense of the story at play, without anything needing to be triggered.

Figments Friend

I think maybe you missed the subtext of my original post.

When the project was announced, I and others viewed Baxter’s supposed buy in as window dressing and cover to push back against the expected antagonism towards the change.

As time went on, and people kept implying the ride had Tony’s seal of approval, I kept expressing my skepticism. It’s telling that he’s nowhere to be found when it had its grand opening. And I agree that he chose to distance himself as much as he could publicly.

As you are correctly aware, the attachment of Tony’s name to this project was just that - an attempt by Disney Marketing to try to soften the blow of the removal of ‘Splash Mountain’.

While he was involved for a brief stint in a advisory role, he departed from the project early on.

He does not endorse the final result that ended up in the Park.
That I am fairly certain, but let us hear from Tony himself when the time comes for him to do so publically.

It’s coming….just be patient.
😉

-

TP2000

I hadn't been following this thread until yesterday when I was asked to comment on wardrobe and hair, but I'm surprised at how troublesome this ride is operationally. So I just went and checked, and at 4:05pm Eastern time Tiana's Bayou Adventure is closed for technical difficulties and with no Lightning Lanes available for the rest of the day. If it's closed on just one random check from me, it seems likely it's closed a great deal every day.

The other thing I was struck with is the limited operating hours for Magic Kingdom. Disneyland is open 8am to Midnight, seven days a week all summer long and for months at a time. But Magic Kingdom is only open 9am to 10pm? Why???

Heck, even lowly DCA is open longer than Magic Kingdom in mid-summer; 8am to 10pm seven days per week.

erasure fan1

The ride was always going to have detractors considering the ride it replaced and the... climate... the replacement was announced in, becoming a proxy in a much broader culture war. Therefore, they really had to knock it out of the park with this one and they failed. Leading those who were always going to hate the ride to take a victory lap, and everyone else being pretty disappointed. JMO.
That's what it all really boils down to. Splash mountain was my all time favorite ride ever. And I know it was also an all time favorite for a huge amount of fans as well. Nothing less than stellar was going to pass with a huge part of the fan base. You can't replace all time great with, yea, it's fine.

None of the noise that's been happening since the opening sticks around if the ride is as good and impactful as Splash was. But it wasn't. The ride is fine, but fine isn't what most people hoped or wanted.

Figments Friend

Disneyland is open 8am to Midnight, seven days a week all summer long and for months at a time. But Magic Kingdom is only open 9am to 10pm? Why???

Heck, even lowly DCA is open longer than Magic Kingdom in mid-summer; 8am to 10pm seven days per week.

TP darling, you should already know the answer.

It is because Disneyland is superior.

😎

-

Figments Friend

Are you implying he’s going to crap on it in the near future?

Tony is a fine gentlemen.
He would not stoop to such rude lows.

But he is a master at giving his opinion on matters, and he will certainly have some deliciously targeted commentary on this mess known as ‘Tiana’s Missed Bayou Opportunity’.

Sooner or later, it will be stated and make the rounds….
Just have to be patient.

😉

-

Sneaky

TP darling, you should already know the answer.

It is because Disneyland is superior.

😎

-
I really don’t think DL is all that superior anymore. Sure their are things they do better than us, but I don’t think it’s that much of a giant leap anymore. I never liked that “superiority” mindset. Like it’s not as good at some things but it’s not like MK is a peice of junk

Figments Friend

Truth be told though, he has a good question regarding the operating hours. That always confused me. Is it something to do with staffing?? Odd. If anyone knows, please chime in

Part of it has to do with the ‘Extra Magic Hours’ offerings for Deluxe Resort Guests.
Also seasonal events such as the HallowParties and other ‘after hours’ Events.

You also have to consider there is a lot of money being made by Disney once the Parks close , ironically, particularly with those staying On Propery.
Also closing ‘early’ drives sales at Disney Springs ….

All part of the master plan to squeeze as much cash out of you as possible….?
A small part of it.

-

TP2000

Truth be told though, he has a good question regarding the operating hours. That always confused me. Is it something to do with staffing?? Odd. If anyone knows, please chime in

It's very odd, isn't it? Especially considering that Disneyland Park has more than double the parkwide ride capacity that Magic Kingdom Park does. Logic and basic math would dictate that would mean Disneyland Park could get away with being open fewer hours per day than Magic Kingdom, but it's the exact opposite. Especially with DCA having an additional 24 rides/shows only about 100 yards away from Disneyland's entrance.

And just for Tiana's Bayou Adventure alone, if it has to spend hours each day closed for technical problems, an additonal 3 or 4 hours of parkwide operation per day would not only give it more hours to operation successfully, but would allow that specific park to have higher customer ratings overall on days that TBA was closed 10+ hours.

A very odd situation the brain trust in TDO has spreadsheeted themselves into at WDW's thinly developed parks. 🤔

Inspired Figment

It's very odd, isn't it? Especially considering that Disneyland Park has more than double the parkwide ride capacity that Magic Kingdom Park does. Logic and basic math would dictate that would mean Disneyland Park could get away with being open fewer hours per day than Magic Kingdom, but it's the exact opposite. Especially with DCA having an additional 24 rides/shows only about 100 yards away from Disneyland's entrance.

And just for Tiana's Bayou Adventure alone, if it has to spend hours each day closed for technical problems, an additonal 3 or 4 hours of parkwide operation per day would not only give it more hours to operation successfully, but would allow that specific park to have higher customer ratings overall on days that TBA was closed 10+ hours.

A very odd situation the brain trust in TDO has spreadsheeted themselves into at WDW's thinly developed parks. 🤔
@lentesta If you guys haven’t already. This would be a great topic for you and Jim to discuss on a future DisneyDish ^ Why WDW’s operating hours are less than DL’s. Or when exactly this went into effect if in the past it was different/was the same.

Ice Gator

That's Lari! An important part of the attraction, this armadillo necessitated his very own blog post!

My goodness WDI is lost.
I love how they have to explain the significance of a plastic figure “sight gag” (barely) and don’t tell us anything concrete about the character other than
A) He is an armadillo.
B) He is a jack of all trades. Watch out for Lari!

Epcot81Fan

I love how they have to explain the significance of a plastic figure “sight gag” (barely) and don’t tell us anything concrete about the character other than
A) He is an armadillo.
B) He is a jack of all trades. Watch out for Lari!
The entire experience including, but not limited to, the pre-school "story", the incredibly lame "dialogue", the low-rent "musicians" just rocking back and forth, the nonsensical "shrinking and growing" concept, the bizarrely middle-aged Tiana, and the needless queue details/backstory are all a perfect monument to what WDI has become today.

One will only need to ride this embarrassing mess and then Tokyo's Splash to see a perfect illustration of how far WDI has fallen.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Maybe one of the big announcements at D23 this weekend will be the attempt to fix this attraction
Nah...an encanto spinner behind Tiana and Big Thunder to counter Epic Universe.

Geez, this last year or so has really ruined me when it comes to WDW. I think millions of dollars spent to update some bushes and trees at Epcot is turning out to be the final straw for me. They have no balls, no guts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom