News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

LittleBuford

They ve now moved the bar to “you can criticize TBA but don’t do it with too much pizazz.”
I think hyperbole and intemperance have a really negative impact on the whole of this forum. Some posters get into a sort of uncontrolled frenzy that makes it difficult to engage in serious, good-faith discussion. I agree with pretty much all of the criticisms people are expressing about TBA’s weak story and woeful debut, but I find it difficult to relate to the euphoric level of gloating that has taken hold of this thread. People seem almost gleeful, and that makes no sense to me.

Brer Oswald

Yes, twice, as we also had Lightning Lane. It was…charming, I suppose. My wife said she felt the AAs (except broken Odie at the end) were impressive but the story was very thin and it was ridiculous to not include Facilier. She is not a member of these boards and is a reasonably casual Disney fan, so I’d imagine others feel similarly.

The kids loved it.

At least the ride system is still a blast!

What’s with the motionless armadillo statues?
Idk, but Tom Corless seems to be a huge fan (given that he blocked me after I called it a plastic statue).

Mike S

I suppose that’s what I don’t get.
Because imo they’ve completely fallen off the deep end with so much of what they do lately it’s fun to joke about them. I want them to do better but I know the company as a whole is so far gone that I prefer to joke than to get sad about it. If they turn around, great. If they continue to trip over themselves, also great so I have something to laugh at.
If it revealed something worth noting, yes.
Consistency is hard to come by these days. Good on you đź‘Ť

LittleBuford

We're joyous because for the last 4 years if you said it could end up being a downgrade from the previous attraction you got shut down pretty much instantly. Well it pretty unanimously is, and we're just enjoying being able to call it out as such.
A look at any random sequence of pages in this thread will quickly disprove the notion that negative opinions of TBA have ever been outweighed (much less drowned out) by positive ones.

disney fan 13

The ride was always going to have detractors considering the ride it replaced and the... climate... the replacement was announced in, becoming a proxy in a much broader culture war. Therefore, they really had to knock it out of the park with this one and they failed. Leading those who were always going to hate the ride to take a victory lap, and everyone else being pretty disappointed. JMO.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
So, what did I miss? ;)
Television Popcorn GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Disney Analyst

I’m talking about the dynamic here within our own community. I don’t recall anyone in these threads gloating about the loss of Splash Mountain. Even those who tried to remain positive about TBA (myself among them) generally expressed their fondness for its predecessor.

You’re correct. People are injecting their bias from outside discussions, on different platforms, and using that to inform how they engage with the rest of us here. Seems unfair to this board and community.

Reminder everyone, this isn’t Twitter. We are all real people behind these typed out letters. We were all someone who came to these boards seeking a community of people with a similar interest. We are not your enemy. Engage in good faith and kindness, and when any of us fails that, which I myself have, own up, and try to engage differently next time. We can have differences in opinion on how to run these parks in 2024, but that doesn’t make us enemies. The stakes are not that high.

Most of us who have expressed positivity and optimism about this re-theme on these boards, usually stated we loved Splash, and were sad to see it go, but could understand why a company would decide to do it.

Seems like a pretty reasonable take. Not extreme.

Sneaky

The ride was always going to have detractors considering the ride it replaced and the... climate... the replacement was announced in, becoming a proxy in a much broader culture war. Therefore, they really had to knock it out of the park with this one and they failed. Leading those who were always going to hate the ride to take a victory lap, and everyone else being pretty disappointed. JMO.
100% agree. Worst possible situation and time for a swing and a miss

Incomudro

You’re correct. People are injecting their bias from outside discussions, on different platforms, and using that to inform how they engage with the rest of us here. Seems unfair to this board and community.

Reminder everyone, this isn’t Twitter. We are all real people behind these typed out letters. We were all someone who came to these boards seeking a community of people with a similar interest. We are not your enemy. Engage in good faith and kindness, and when any of us fails that, which I myself have, own up, and try to engage differently next time. We can have differences in opinion on how to run these parks in 2024, but that doesn’t make us enemies. The stakes are not that high.

Most of us who have expressed positivity and optimism about this re-theme on these boards, usually stated we loved Splash, and were sad to see it go, but could understand why a company would decide to do it.

Good post, yet I don't believe it is in bad faith to discuss the failings of this ride while including much of the climate that surrounded it outside of this forum as well.

LittleBuford

Beautifully said. Thank you.

Disney Analyst

Good post, yet I don't believe it is in bad faith to discuss the failings of this ride while including much of the climate that surrounded it outside of this forum as well.

I don’t know if it’s possible at this point to remove any of what led to this point, but I do think the discourse became increasingly toxic, and extreme, on both sides, which sorta follows the politicized nature of our current climate.

I believe the last thing any of us should want is for that to be how this board acts moving forward in any discussion or change coming to the parks.

Disstevefan1

I do not try to apply logic for any decision TWDC makes.

Disney will do, what Disney will do, and many times their decision will feel illogical to me.

I never had a strong feeling about this re theme, I always said it will be a fun log flume no matter the theme.

My concern was how long it was going to be closed to get it complete and reopened to guests.

I did not foresee "open but totally unreliable" and often down. I should have known.

My current desire is for this attraction to be open (with standby) and working to be the people eater it could be.

Sir_Cliff

For me it’s because I really like joking at Disneys expense these days.
At least from my perspective, people just seeming to be here to pick and laugh at everything Disney does is what makes these discussions increasingly tiresome. It gives the impression of a bunch of people mindlessly whooping and hollering in a way that resembles trolling more than discussion.

This thread is one example of endless 'jokes' and little discussion, but the thread about the new central spine at Epcot is another. That has devolved into people posting pictures of planters or flex spaces and writing "absolutely remarkable" to a chorus of laugh emojis.

It also infects discussion of developments at Universal. The same people who relentlessly criticise Disney for IP invasion or leaning toward hotel towers over themed resorts speak in hyperbolic terms about how Epic Universe which is all IP-based lands and has a giant hotel tower as its centrepiece is a game changer that is showing Disney how themed entertainment should be done. It seems more an extension of the laughing and trolling directed at Disney in other threads and a desire to see them get a black eye than a rational discussion of what's actually being built.

I have plenty of issues with how Disney has been running the parks lately. However, a lot of the discussion on here almost tips me back toward being sympathetic to them having to deal with such a large contingent of trolls who will laugh and mock if a new bench in one of the parks doesn't reinvent themed entertainment.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom