News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

LittleBuford

Remember when one of the justifications on this board for destroying Splash was because it wasn’t all working?

Well it took Tiana’s just a few weeks to be much worse.

I will never understand how this rides failure was so predictable, yet so many posters here advocated for this project.
I don’t think anyone predicted so many technical issues so early on. It’s fair to point out that many expected or feared that the ride wouldn’t turn out well, but what we’re seeing now is by any measure surprising (and very disappointingly so).

Trauma

I don’t think anyone predicted so many technical issues so early on. It’s fair to point out that many expected or feared that the ride wouldn’t turn out well, but what we’re seeing now is by any measure surprising (and very disappointingly so).
Well I’m lumping technical issues in with the ride not performing well. Even if the ride is at 100% it is still lackluster. When even Drew is down on the ride you know it is an unmitigated disaster.

Tha Realest

I'm guessing a lot of these new A1000 figures will start having lengthy breakdowns within the first few months of operation. They have serious trouble maintaining far smaller quantities of these types of AA's in entirely dry attractions. Imagine how a much larger quantity in a very wet environment would do. I don't want to think about what it will look like after a year or so, they'll probably just be abandoned outright same as Splash's figures. And it may even end up in worse condition due to the figures being so advanced.
@MerlinTheGoat needs to change his name to NostradamusTheGoat

LittleBuford

Well I’m lumping technical issues in with the ride not performing well. Even if the ride is at 100% it is still lackluster. When even Drew is down on the ride you know it is an unmitigated disaster.
I suppose what I'm getting at is that some of the "told you so" posts here are retconning things to make it seem as if everything that's gone wrong with the ride was utterly predictable, and I just don't think that's particularly accurate or helpful.

Tha Realest

I suppose what I'm getting at is that some of the "told you so" posts here are retconning things to make it seem as if everything that's gone wrong with the ride was utterly predictable, and I just don't think that's particularly accurate or helpful.
It was predictable though, as evidenced by the many who predicted it.

But, set that aside. You say everyone’s in agreement now. Fine. What’s the solution? TBA seems doomed unless it gets a massive reworking, which seems unlikely.

Shouldn’t a constructive solution going forward be to be far more discerning in terms of what’s a necessary or worthwhile investment in the parks going forward?

LittleBuford

But, set that aside. You say everyone’s in agreement now. Fine. What’s the solution?
I would shut the ride down and do whatever needs to be done to fix the technical issues before reopening it, even if that takes months. Running it the way they are seems untenable to me.

Shouldn’t a constructive solution going forward be to be far more discerning in terms of what’s a necessary or worthwhile investment in the parks going forward?
I don't agree with this. Disney shouldn't be hobbled by fear that their future projects aren't going to work properly, and nor should we want them to be. The problem is with their implementation of the project, but with the project per se.

Last edited:

Jedi14

It was predictable though, as evidenced by the many who predicted it.
I think it’s more that some are using this as an excuse or some form of justification to say that they always knew it would end up like this because they didn’t like the idea of the retheme to begin with. I like the ride and hope they deal with and fix the problems, but using this as an “I told you so” does not feel genuine.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
The problem is large numbers of 1-2 movement figures breaking down at once isn't a good look, brand new attraction or not. In the case of Bayou it turns into "Enjoy these frozen foxes and bears because they're all you've got until you see Tiana 3 scenes later" because there's nothing else to draw your eye from the mannequins except for the screens.

MerlinTheGoat

@MerlinTheGoat needs to change his name to NostradamusTheGoat
Too much of what I was told about this attraction's development was incorrect for me to run a victory lap and claim to have been right about much. Sadly these sorts of failures were entirely expected. Though I'm somewhat surprised it was THIS quick. While I did make that comment and did expect the normal "giving up" to occur not long after the ride opened, even I thought that short timeline was a bit too pessimistic. In truth, I had believed that they might at least take better care of the ride for the first year or two while it was under the public's scrutiny. But it goes to show how beyond the pale the TWDC and Orlando management really is.

Though with everything that is going wrong, I don't think the poor maintenance crews are 100% to blame for a change. For so many things to be failing so catastrophically so soon after opening (including extremely basic stuff that has no excuse to be messing up), I think there's a lot of blame that can be levied towards the people who built the attraction in the first place (whether WDI employees or their contractors).

The insane thing is that it's not just the small handful of A1000's that are breaking down. Most of the simple critter figures with only 2-3 basic repeating motions are experiencing repeated failures too. These are as basic as they come, less complex than even the dolls from Small World (most of those at least can blink and move their mouths in sync with lyrics). And those absolutely ancient Small World dolls seem to have far greater reliability than these TBA figures too...

I think it’s more that some are using this as an excuse or some form of justification to say that they always knew it would end up like this because they didn’t like the idea of the retheme to begin with. I like the ride and hope they deal with and fix the problems, but using this as an “I told you so” does not feel genuine.
The ride is still a massive disappointment even when everything is functioning correctly. A large number of people here were tearing it apart when it first opened and was 100% fresh. Sorry...

All of these failures are just more fuel for the fire.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

As the steel gate closes behind me, I breath the fresh air of freedom from wdwmagic forums jail.
I vow never to mention the name of the previous attraction that is now home to our wonderful, beautiful, glorious Tiana.

Please get well soon Tiana, as we want to experience this wonderful, beautiful, glorious attraction.

My dream someday is that the standby to this wonderful, beautiful, glorious attraction is open so all who wish to wait can enjoy this wonderful, beautiful, glorious attraction.
View attachment 806654
Joking aside, it's worth noting (because some posters continue to imply otherwise) that there is no requirement in this forum to like the new attraction, much less praise it.

Disstevefan1

Joking aside, it's worth noting (because some posters continue to imply otherwise) that there is no requirement in this forum to like the new attraction, much less praise it.
As always @LittleBuford , thanks for the constant and continuing corrections.

As for our wonderful, glorious, beautiful Tiana that has replaced the attraction that will not be mentioned, our wonderful, glorious, beautiful Tiana will be there for the unforeseen future, probably decades.

Disney needs to fix it.

If they need to close it and put walls back up to do it, they should.

My hope is they can learn from whatever is happening in WDW so that DLR's Tiana can be built correctly and will will work reliably. I am sad that WDW became the Beta (maybe Alpha) site for Tiana.

I will remind folks how very bad the very first launch of TestTrack was! It was mostly down.

Sneaky

They’re probably going to bury it under beyond big thunder once it opens and do nothing.
As always @LittleBuford , thanks for the constant and continuing corrections.

As for our wonderful, glorious, beautiful Tiana that has replaced the attraction that will not be mentioned, our wonderful, glorious, beautiful Tiana will be there for the unforeseen future, probably decades.

Disney needs to fix it.

If they need to close it and put walls back up to do it, they should.

My hope is they can learn from whatever is happening in WDW so that DLR's Tiana can be built correctly and will will work reliably. I am sad that WDW became the Beta (maybe Alpha) site for Tiana.

I will remind folks how very bad the very first launch of TestTrack was! It was mostly down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom