News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Brer Oswald

I don’t. MMRR, and now this. Time to cut their losses and admit the lead creative is out of her league with her finance and accounting background.
She’s bungled two replacements of beloved attractions. I don’t want to see her go for three with Figment (current version is bad, but the last we need is another middling experience for 25 years).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Death come in threes. She has one more attraction still left to murder.
Go Away GIF

😉

TDLFan

Princess and the Frog has SO many beautiful moments, artistically and emotionally. This could have been a total slam dunk that could have sat comfortably on the throne next to Pirates and Haunted. An attraction that could be timeless and SHOULD be timeless. And for all the talk they did about the cultural significance and the research trips to New Orleans, and them heralding this attraction like it was really going to make its mark in the world of theme parks. I REALLY wanted this to work. It's an embarrassment on every single level. I tried to board 3 times last week with no luck. And they knew this would be the only attraction with a semi new car smell to pull crowds in for several years with Epic next door, and it still ended up being a complete mess that people aren't going to plan a trip to experience. The best case scenario is that building goes up in flames and they have no choice but to do it right and even in this modern Disney era, they still wouldn't swallow their pride and correct it.

Trauma

I do think that this attraction was kidna doomed from the start with the circumstances it was brought up in. I get that song of the south had to go, as unfortunate as it is, it probably was the right move long term. But this could’ve been so much more. I wonder how management views this attraction rn. Maybe they’ll bury it advertising wise once the new beyond big thunder rides open.
You mean in 10 years, maybe ?

Tha Realest

Why is everyone obsessed with the “ten years” benchmark? They spent a fortune on this, it’s gonna be around for a good long while, wether we like it or not. Their may or may not be changes, but who knows atp?
Don’t you know? We’re on the cusp of a second Golden Age of aggressive WDW expansions the likes of which we’ve not seen since the early Eisner era.

Incomudro

Princess and the Frog has SO many beautiful moments, artistically and emotionally. This could have been a total slam dunk that could have sat comfortably on the throne next to Pirates and Haunted. An attraction that could be timeless and SHOULD be timeless. And for all the talk they did about the cultural significance and the research trips to New Orleans, and them heralding this attraction like it was really going to make its mark in the world of theme parks. I REALLY wanted this to work. It's an embarrassment on every single level. I tried to board 3 times last week with no luck. And they knew this would be the only attraction with a semi new car smell to pull crowds in for several years with Epic next door, and it still ended up being a complete mess that people aren't going to plan a trip to experience. The best case scenario is that building goes up in flames and they have no choice but to do it right and even in this modern Disney era, they still wouldn't swallow their pride and correct it.

I watched Princess and the Frog as homework to educate myself about the IP intended to replace Splash.
To my pleasant surprise, I really liked the film and saw that it offered fantastic visuals and music for the ride.
Better visual possibilities than Splash had, and arguably better music - with the exception of course of Zip a Dee do Dah.
So, I became excited about what could be.
But Disney dropped the ball.
They had everything they could want and use, and abandoned it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom