News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
The technical problems were predictable? It’s not like this was some revolutionary new ride system like ROTR…. I’m shocked at how frequently this thing is going down.
It was predictable that they would let the ride limp along and not shut it down to make the necessary repairs.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
Turning the evac lights on on Tiana’s shows just how little there is set-wise aside from the trees and plants. Keep in mind, Tiana is right where Br’er Rabbit and the briar patch was. That entire set was replaced with 2 trees

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-17_8.24.49_PM-1.png
    Screenshot_2024-07-17_8.24.49_PM-1.png
    821.6 KB · Views: 163
  • Screenshot_2024-07-17_8.27.29_PM-2.png
    Screenshot_2024-07-17_8.27.29_PM-2.png
    928.9 KB · Views: 163

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Turning the evac lights on on Tiana’s shows just how little there is set-wise aside from the trees and plants. Keep in mind, Tiana is right where Br’er Rabbit and the briar patch was. That entire set was replaced with 2 trees
Wait a min. Does that look better? It's no longer "moody" but at least it isn't dark.

TDLFan

I find it hard to believe that he loves this attraction more than any other, as stated. It's an odd statement for anyone who grew up with Disney attractions or even classic Universal. To each their own, but it just makes me scratch my head especially when it sits between Pirates, Haunted, and Thunder, testaments of great theme and execution. If it were at DCA 1.0, I could maybe agree with him. Lol

Last edited:

LittleBuford

I find it hard to believe that he loves this attraction more than any other, as stated. It's an odd statement for anyone who grew up with Disney attractions. To each their own, but it just makes me scratch my head especially when it sits between Pirates, Haunted, and Thunder, testaments of great theme and execution. If it were at DCA 1.0, I could maybe agree with him. Lol
Some people hate the Tiki Room, which is among my very favourites. I don’t find it hard to believe that others disagree with me. It’s all a matter of taste and therefore very personal.

TDLFan

Oh, I understand. But with so many great attractions that have come and gone, and even semi older attractions like Spiderman at IOA, it's just an odd pill to swallow that TBA is the best especially considering it's horrendous PR, how it abandoned it's source material, and it never works. Just seems like a lofty crown to award this early into it.

Last edited:

Tha Realest

I find it hard to believe that he loves this attraction more than any other, as stated. It's an odd statement for anyone who grew up with Disney attractions or even classic Universal. To each their own, but it just makes me scratch my head especially when it sits between Pirates, Haunted, and Thunder, testaments of great theme and execution. If it were at DCA 1.0, I could maybe agree with him. Lol
He’s posted pretty regularly here, and as someone who followed him during construction and afterwards, I absolutely believe him when he says this.

SuddenStorm

I think it's hard to comprehend how absurd this whole situation is.

Disney decided to replace Splash Mountain- a fan favorite on both coasts and considered to be among the best attractions ever simultaneously.

They spent years marketing this as the most authentic, genuine, important thing WDI has ever done.

Then it opens and we see the ride sucks. And now it's been plagued by reliability issues, both for the sets/animatronics, and the actual ride itself.

What a joke.

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Rode it for the first time today. I didn't hate it, but meh, probably a one and done for me. I definitely enjoyed Splash a lot more.

Quick question: I was kinda taken aback by the Tiana animatronic on the last scene (party), she only moves her head while she sings, the rest of her body was completely stiff, idk, it looked weird to me. Is this intentional, or was she on b-mode?

peter11435

Rode it for the first time today. I didn't hate it, but meh, probably a one and done for me. I definitely enjoyed Splash a lot more.

Quick question: I was kinda taken aback by the Tiana animatronic on the last scene (party), she only moves her head while she sings, the rest of her body was completely stiff, idk, it looked weird to me. Is this intentional, or was she on b-mode?
That is a b mode

Tha Realest

Remember when people were saying this retheme was a good thing because Splash Mountain was run down (on both coasts)?

I feel like making the new ride less reliable than both Splash Mountains is the ultimate troll on Disney's part.
Disney partially accomplished what it wanted to in the retheme: get rid of the pesky 1) source material and 2) maintenance intensive AAs.

Well, one out of two ain’t bad.

orky8

I’m at Tokyo Disney now and while loving it, it’s depressing. You see what Splash Mountain could have looked like with animatronics maintained. You see how new rides (Fantasy Springs) should operate. Frozen has AAs that put Tiana to shame (I rode Tiana during previews and everything seemed to be working, but still pales in comparison to Frozen in Disneysea). You see what a purpose built Frozen ride could have been (amazing, is the answer). You see that instead of Rapunzel’s tower above bathrooms it could be part of an astonishing ride with a Rapunzel AA singing from it. We can disagree about whether Splash needed retheming, but holy buckets the U.S. parks are so grossly mismanaged and something needs to change.

John park hopper

The body is stiff cause Disney stiffed us with this horrible redo attraction

John park hopper

I’m at Tokyo Disney now and while loving it, it’s depressing. You see what Splash Mountain could have looked like with animatronics maintained. You see how new rides (Fantasy Springs) should operate. Frozen has AAs that put Tiana to shame (I rode Tiana during previews and everything seemed to be working, but still pales in comparison to Frozen in Disneysea). You see what a purpose built Frozen ride could have been (amazing, is the answer). You see that instead of Rapunzel’s tower above bathrooms it could be part of an astonishing ride with a Rapunzel AA singing from it. We can disagree about whether Splash needed retheming, but holy buckets the U.S. parks are so grossly mismanaged and something needs to change.
The Japanese have totally different mind set I remember reading an article US company contracted with the a Japanese company to build some part. In the contract it said no more than 10% defective parts. When it came time to deliver there was a pallet of defective parts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom