News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Sir_Cliff

Am I the only person who doesn't remember many people supporting replacing Splash due to its poor maintenance? I remember a lot of people commenting on the poor condition even before Tiana was announced, others accepting the reasons behind the replacement, and yet others just willing to give the project the benefit of the doubt. The bad upkeep of the ride would seem a weird reason to promote this change, though, as there was every indication the same problem would just recur.

I'm kind of surprised about this gloating because I think everyone recognises this ride has had a terrible roll-out and, if anyone was arguing Splash mountain should be replaced because of poor maintenance, they were very few.

Disstevefan1

They have lost Drew..... Its over.
TheyLostDrew.jpg

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Am I the only person who doesn't remember many people supporting replacing Splash due to its poor maintenance? I remember a lot of people commenting on the poor condition even before Tiana was announced, others accepting the reasons behind the replacement, and yet others just willing to give the project the benefit of the doubt. The bad upkeep of the ride would seem a weird reason to promote this change, though, as there was every indication the same problem would just recur.

I'm kind of surprised about this gloating because I think everyone recognises this ride has had a terrible roll-out and, if anyone was arguing Splash mountain should be replaced because of poor maintenance, they were very few.
I do recall several people bringing it up as a factor in favour of the retheme, though not necessarily as a reason in itself.

But yes, I agree with you that the gloating seems strangely misplaced.

Disstevefan1

We don't know the true motives of Disney, personally I thought the retheme was indeed really done to change out old hardware/technology, to save costs in the long run because the old hardware/tech was getting too expensive in time and money to maintain; no spare parts, replacement parts need to be custom made, etc.

In my opinion what we may be seeing now is that the new system in there now cant work in the "literal swamp like" conditions they were installed in, where the hydraulic or pneumatics or whatever, in the previous system could operate in harsh environments.

Just my guess.

Sir_Cliff

I’m just disappointed. I really wanted this to be good, and for it to come together like mission breakout did. Wasted, wasted potential.
Yes, I was hoping it would turn out well even if the early signs were a bit worrying.

Beyond the maintenance issues, the more I think about the storyline of the new ride, the more I am struck but how paper thin and kind of strange that it is for such a long ride. That is only reinforced by so much of the staging being small groups of animals playing instruments while Tiana and Luis look on and say things like "they sure can play!" Considering the time and money that goes into these things, I'm surprised no-one pushed them to be more ambitious with it.

UNCgolf

Fair enough. I guess some were predicting such failures this early on. I still find it surprising that so much of the ride is so consistently down so early in its life. I don't think we've seen anything quite this bad before, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

I think Rise was similarly bad, but that was also a brand new attraction that was significantly more complicated than Tiana.

Incomudro

Yes, I was hoping it would turn out well even if the early signs were a bit worrying.

Beyond the maintenance issues, the more I think about the storyline of the new ride, the more I am struck but how paper thin and kind of strange that it is for such a long ride. That is only reinforced by so much of the staging being small groups of animals playing instruments while Tiana and Luis look on and say things like "they sure can play!" Considering the time and money that goes into these things, I'm surprised no-one pushed them to be more ambitious with it.
Yes.
I find the ride to be worse as time goes by.
Initially I thought the pretty and new buoyed Tiana's up quite a bit.
But the Chuck e Cheese band that simply rocks back and forth is very weak.
As is the use of Tiana or Louis to simply spout support dialog.
Again, it's just weak.
Attractive and impressive end scene for the party.

LittleBuford

I'm nervous that the animatronics not working will probably just convince the higher-ups at Disney that they shouldn't have animatronics in their new attractions at all. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's what they "learned" from this.
This is why I don’t agree with the sentiment that these technical issues should cause Disney to be more cautious about embarking on future projects. Yes, they need to learn lessons from this, but playing it safe isn’t the answer.

Animator_Alex

I'm nervous that the animatronics not working will probably just convince the higher-ups at Disney that they shouldn't have animatronics in their new attractions at all. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's what they "learned" from this.
Seeing Epic Universe? Nah they have a LOT to compete with now, especially in terms of high quality animatronics.

Figments Friend

I went to WDW a lot in the 70's and 80's and 90's and don't remember attractions being down to the extent they are now. There is no excuse for a new attraction having the extent of technical difficulties TB is having. I have to ask what the heck has changed --unreliable technology, lack of maintenance, unqualified maintenance personnel, or budget cuts

Stupidity.
That is the real answer.

The stupidity of certain individuals working for the Company that make the wrong decisions.
A little more intelligence would avoid such stupidity.

Stupid Judy.
Stupid ‘Disney’….

-

Figments Friend

Simply inserting multiple AA and projection effects into a ride is not talent.

The talent is using the technology you have along with a story and good music to make something magical. Having a million dollar Tianna AA just flailing around is a waste.

They had an entire goody bag of resources and technology to use and they squandered it because there was no vision here with TBA and that’s why it is a failure.

This, 100%.

-

Epcot81Fan

At least the number of defenders of this embarrassing replacement are so few and meek that we don’t have to endure significant rationalization of this disaster.

The “musicians” rocking back and forth and then having them just duplicated in the finale are even below my exceptionally low expectations.

And the pre-school “story” is an embarrassment for all involved and yet perfectly emblematic of today’s WDI.

Figments Friend

The ride’s been open almost two months now. Is there any evidence he’s actually experienced it?

They flew out a bunch of people far more attenuated to the ride’s development and history.

Where’s Tony?

Disneyland is where he will be.

Tony almost always gets to experience something new at Disneyland on it’s Opening Day, if not beforehand.
Kind of a tradition.
So I am sure he will be there to experience ‘Tiana’s Bayou Misadventure’ when it opens later this year in California.

He was there all day and into the evening on the final day of operation for his original version of ‘Splash Mountain’.
-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom